1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No gloss at all on ANH Vader's chest armor.

TakeHerAway-ANH.jpg

I'm not familiar with this invisible thread. By any chance would it be strong enough to safely suspend some vintage Kenner Star Wars ships in my Besta?

brilliant! thanks i shall try this. problem i foresee is my case is made from a closet cutout so its huge, the line of thread would have to drop down pretty far.

So, like everyone else's, my belt broke. Here's what I did to fix it.

First, I removed the Velcro patch. This is very tricky. The Velcro is glued on very tight. You could easily destroy the belt if you don't go very slow with this step. That's why I chose to leave the Velcro on the other end of the belt. Didn't see the point of potentially damaging it when I didn't have to.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453187138.213385.jpg

Then I cut a small piece of plastic from the box tray
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453187170.346949.jpg

Which I super glued to the back of the belt/buckle piece. This reinforces the belt and keeps it from flexing and tearing more. Make sure that the glue is dry before trying to reconnect the belt or you'll end up gluing it together. I also used some small scissors to poke the hole through the plastic, but I'm not convinced this is actually necessary.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453187236.023548.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453187248.873877.jpg

And voila! Almost good as new.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453187456.680643.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453187465.920130.jpg

So, like everyone else's, my belt broke. Here's what I did to fix it.

First, I removed the Velcro patch. This is very tricky. The Velcro is glued on very tight. You could easily destroy the belt if you don't go very slow with this step. That's why I chose to leave the Velcro on the other end of the belt. Didn't see the point of potentially damaging it when I didn't have to.
View attachment 238407

Then I cut a small piece of plastic from the box tray
View attachment 238408

Which I super glued to the back of the belt/buckle piece. This reinforces the belt and keeps it from flexing and tearing more. Make sure that the glue is dry before trying to reconnect the belt or you'll end up gluing it together. I also used some small scissors to poke the hole through the plastic, but I'm not convinced this is actually necessary.
View attachment 238409
View attachment 238410

And voila! Almost good as new.
View attachment 238411
View attachment 238412

Good fix tip! Thanks for posting this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this is a common issue? That sucks. Thanks for posting, DBoz. :duff

No problem. Unfortunately, it is a very common issue. I would suggest using a small flat head screwdriver or something similar to insert between the buckle parts to pry them apart if you take the belt off. The issue is that the plastic part that connects to the actual buckle likes to stay attached and get ripped out of the cloth of the belt when you try to disconnect it. There is very little area of the belt glued to it and a big hole in the belt to accommodate it. This makes for a natural weak point.

The ANH was painted with gloss black and then weathered with gunmetal in various forms of covering thickness, ranging from nearly completely covering to just a light drybrushing. No clear coat applied on any of the pieces.

I did this a while ago. Not perfect, but has a bit of what the ANH armor has in terms of weathering.
Print-11-022.jpg

This is my grail figure. Maybe my standards aren't as high as some of you guys but until a better Darth Vader comes out this is my top dogtmp_23147-20160119005731_1-2050270698.jpg

The ANH was painted with gloss black and then weathered with gunmetal in various forms of covering thickness, ranging from nearly completely covering to just a light drybrushing. No clear coat applied on any of the pieces.

I did this a while ago. Not perfect, but has a bit of what the ANH armor has in terms of weathering.
View attachment 238425

that looks like part of the darth vader kaiyodo model kit. hurricane made me the chest plate armor out of the kaiyodo vader kit and painted it up for me

Back