1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can someone please explain or show how you guys are raising the cod piece? i have tried twice and i cannot figure it our. the belt connects to that velcro making it seem impossible to raise it. my vader looks like a big fatso. i need to raise that belt and cod.

also does the belt come unhooked? like luke? mine won't come undone, and I'm afraid to force it and rip it if its not meant to.
To raise the cod piece you can't have the leather strap in-between his legs. you can tuck the leather strap under the cod and then into the shirt or fold the strap in the cod piece.

Get mine next month and I'm wondering if the belt box placement is something I'd even have noticed if I hadn't read it here first.

I was going to make a couple bucks on selling ANH Vader Sideshow, but now I'm wondering if I might want to cannibalise it instead, depending on how much of it is compatible (ie gloves)

I don't think it's something I'd notice. Going to be leaving Vader stock. Belt seems super fussy and breakable, so I won't chance it.

Hot Toys really needs to figure out a way to produce a more durable belt. The materials they use are too delicate for such a thing.

The one on my MMS 117 T-800 became damaged after TWO posings with the pistol holstered in the front of the pants. How the bloody hell did they even get it looped. It's so fragile, lol.

Ok, first attempt and it turned out fairly decent. I overdid it on the weathering a bit haha. I'm going to try and hit it with a little gloss to bring back some shine and see how it looks. At least I have my original in case it looks bad

kK5EdGF.jpg

I don't think it's something I'd notice. Going to be leaving Vader stock. Belt seems super fussy and breakable, so I won't chance it.

I would. If you end up breaking the belt to a point where it's unsalvageable, replacement belts seem to be a little hard to come by at the moment.

How did you get a Besta shelf with your tv on it to work sideways and keep the shelves in place?

The TV is wall mounted and doesn't actually sit on the Besta unit.

I bought a double Besta unit and a single.

Assembled them and then popped on the glass top that's especially designed for this specific arrangement of Besta's.

As you can see, the result is fantastic.

Hot Toys really needs to figure out a way to produce a more durable belt. The materials they use are too delicate for such a thing.

The one on my MMS 117 T-800 became damaged after TWO posings with the pistol holstered in the front of the pants. How the bloody hell did they even get it looped. It's so fragile, lol.

Cripes, that's how I posed mine, pistol in the pants. I'll have to check it next chance I get, I hope it's still intact after all these years.

To raise the cod piece you can't have the leather strap in-between his legs. you can tuck the leather strap under the cod and then into the shirt or fold the strap in the cod piece.

hmmm. in retrospect i feel a bit dull for overlooking such an obvious solution. here i was using that strap and wondering what in the hell black magic you guys were using. hey, i can admit it when i fail at basic problem solving. :lol

in any event....repped.

Get mine next month and I'm wondering if the belt box placement is something I'd even have noticed if I hadn't read it here first.

I was going to make a couple bucks on selling ANH Vader Sideshow, but now I'm wondering if I might want to cannibalise it instead, depending on how much of it is compatible (ie gloves)

i think this is a great idea given some issues and allowing for back up just in case. my vader came with 2 issues and damn this belt....

Ok, first attempt and it turned out fairly decent. I overdid it on the weathering a bit haha. I'm going to try and hit it with a little gloss to bring back some shine and see how it looks. At least I have my original in case it looks bad

View attachment 238102

Looks pretty good. I think the only thing I'm going to do to mine is mask off the 2 black stripes and paint them grey like in the film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 238102

Looks good. Going to paint the black stripes grey on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cripes, that's how I posed mine, pistol in the pants. I'll have to check it next chance I get, I hope it's still intact after all these years.
Yeah, I was devastated at first. I paid aftermarket prices for him, after the DX had been out, and had to salvage it as best I could. I think it's pleather, but it's really flimsy and frail.

This is one instance where I would sacrifice accuracy for longevity. Belts. :slap

Sprayed with some gloss to get that ANH uneven look and toned down a little of the weathering(flash drowns some of it out). I think it turned out pretty well :)
wGHlBv3.jpg

Just simple drybrushing with gunmetal color should give you the duller look for ANH Vader along with the correction in color.

His armor wasn't pimped out and glossy until ESB.

Back