1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is a shot of them both together IMG_0181.jpg

Did a repaint of my chewie after seeing how good everyone has been doing on theirs. Mine was almost black originally >_<

This material is really hard to paint with acrylic. Not super clean, but at a normal viewing distance it works well enough for me. Looks lighter because of the flash

chewbacca.jpg

That looks pretty good GP.

I watered my acrylics down when I repainted mine. It took a few layers, but it was easier to work with them thinned down.

My Chewie ships Monday. I'm ready to confront a face touch up (brush applied pastels and fixitive) but how are people loosening the fur to futz with it?

That looks pretty good GP.

I watered my acrylics down when I repainted mine. It took a few layers, but it was easier to work with them thinned down.

Thanks. Yeah, I tried thinning, but it just seemed to catch on the fibers in blobs. The other problem is that mine doesn't have much fur at all on the cheek areas, so it's really hard to get a smooth stroke due to the rough under texture

My Chewie ships Monday. I'm ready to confront a face touch up (brush applied pastels and fixitive) but how are people loosening the fur to futz with it?

A little water worked through with finger tips. Go slow, a little at a time.

Took a pic in daylight to see what's off and looks like I need to add some color to the body. Face has some spots I need to touch up, too. Or I might just leave as-is and call it a day haha

chewbaccaOutside.jpg

Looks incredible! Nice work.

Thanks :) Not 100% happy with it, but at least he looks somewhat like the character now. Just wish the acrylic didn't make the fur matted. Wish I had an airbrush, as I think it would be a lot easier to apply the paint

Thanks, y'all. The biggest problem area is the cheeks. Mine has barely any fur there on one side(both sides are pretty thin), so I might try transplanting some from the body into the "undercoat" there and see if that helps. I think filling that area out really brings out his face. Probably won't bother color matching the body since indoors the difference isn't even noticeable

Finally got Chewie today from Popcultcha. He's fantastic! He's super fun to pose. I'll have to play around with him a bit more to get him how I like him, but it's a great start so far. I see what people are saying about the darkened face, and that's really the only gripe. But it's not really as dark as I was expecting.

chewie1.jpg

chewie2.jpg

Tried for sort of a wind blown look here...
chewie3.jpg

And a capture...
chewie4.jpg

chewie5.jpg

chewie6.jpg

Back