1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah a side by side before you destroy the old Chewie with a blunt object would be great. It's interesting to see the variation with this figure.

i used pastels on the face and hair. but his head was a lot lighter then my first chewblacka sculpt I had. once I was going through his hair with my fingers it was lighting up more then the first sculpt did

You received just a replacement head from Sideshow? What did they ask you to do with the original?

I agree, a before and after would be killer. Could really help a lot of us out.

once I`M ready to take a photo i might do for s***`s and giggles i still have the old 78 kenner large size Chewbacca box with inserts might have to take a photo of him inside the box and say this is how Chewbacca should have looked

I have a replacement head coming in a couple weeks as my original one seemed to have part of the underlying structure that holds the fur on his face showing through. Either that or there was a glued clumpy knot on his cheek that couldn't be brushed through.

I'll take some side by sides before the old Chewie has to go.

generalgrievous, would you mind sharing how the return worked? Did they replace the entire figure or just send you a replacement head and ask you to destroy the original head? You need to take pictures for Sideshow either way so hopefully you'll be willing to share those.

You ask for a lot of info here, you should share too.

So glad I'm getting the 3.1 (ESB) head in December, it's already going to come with the perfect shading. JC called last night to make sure I was OK with that or whether I wanted the 3.0 or 3.2 versions (ANH or RotJ)

It is weird - every time I start prepping to lighten the face, I take it out and think "it doesn't look that bad.":slap

Maybe there are lighter and darker versions and I got a lighter one, but with the huge variation in the way the camera captures the same Chewy, it's impossible to tell.

There should be a Chewy mini-convention in 6 months, everyone brings theirs and we do a massive side-by-side.:lol

I have honestly not seen much variation, with the exception of the mysterious entry from Spain.

But since that guy has posted 12 times in two years it's unlikely that we'll find out whether he painted the face first or not (that "variant" is a bit suspect anyway).

No, the color looks pretty correct to me in the Chewie shots. The many Chewies before, including mine, were much, much darker that that one.

That's how it should have come out of the package. Perhaps HT finally corrected the last batch. Or Bergamini has done some work quietly. Time will tell if any more like this appear.

Of course, now you almost need to darken some areas. :lol

wow, mine it's original, wonderful work of HT for me. :clap

I have a replacement head coming in a couple weeks as my original one seemed to have part of the underlying structure that holds the fur on his face showing through. Either that or there was a glued clumpy knot on his cheek that couldn't be brushed through.

I'll take some side by sides before the old Chewie has to go.

that`s how mine was huge mounts of hair missing on the back of his sculpt and it was real dark the sculpt was

It is weird - every time I start prepping to lighten the face, I take it out and think "it doesn't look that bad.":slap

Maybe there are lighter and darker versions and I got a lighter one, but with the huge variation in the way the camera captures the same Chewy, it's impossible to tell.

There should be a Chewy mini-convention in 6 months, everyone brings theirs and we do a massive side-by-side.:lol

Yeah I think I could have easily lived with mine the way it came. The lightening might have improved it a tiny bit, but it was still a pretty awesome looking figure already.

And in some ways the slightly darker hair helps hide some of those flaws in the face better (and make the crossed eyes and goofy mouth not stand out as much).

I did a mod to chewies bandolier. I made a loop with a piece of string glued under the bandolier. so that you can fit it over the neck post that way his bandolier wont keep slipping off all the time

that`s how mine was huge mounts of hair missing on the back of his sculpt and it was real dark the sculpt was

Mine had several thread loops around the neck that had to be cut off as they kept snagging on the comb. My first reaction was wtf?!

p.s. a member posted something about using some brand of afro wax on the hair..What was name of it? Thanks!

Back