1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really on the fence with this guy. On the one hand, CHEWIE!!! On the other hand...this figure could be improved upon, and Hot Toys may release a better one down the road.

To wait, or to buy now... Hmmm.

I know a lot of people thought this would be it, given that Chewbacca doesn't have different outfits or anything, but yeah... I'm guessing they'll do at least one other version. So I hope you're right!

That's my guess, too, but if they don't... Worst case, V2 Chewie pre-order goes up that beats this one hands down. Then I sell mine at $100 under retail and dump it. Not bad for security of knowing I've got Chewie out of the way in the meantime.

I know a lot of people thought this would be it, given that Chewbacca doesn't have different outfits or anything, but yeah... I'm guessing they'll do at least one other version. So I hope you're right!
I can see HT making another Chewie down the road. This company does not give a ****. A Chewie with dismembered C-3PO in a net slung over his back? Oh yeah.

I used $100 in Reward points, helped me heaps as the Aus dollar isn't good. This is a great figure, I'm going to lighten the face but overall for a mass produced figure Hot Toys have done extremely well.

I used $100 in Reward points, helped me heaps as the Aus dollar isn't good. This is a great figure, I'm going to lighten the face but overall for a mass produced figure Hot Toys have done extremely well.

I ****ing love this figure. Even with minimal futzing it looks great. Room for improvement? Glaring errors? yes and yes. But its just ****ing brilliant.

I can see HT making another Chewie down the road. This company does not give a ****. A Chewie with dismembered C-3PO in a net slung over his back? Oh yeah.

Yeah they'll make another, but will it really be drastically improved over this version? Maybe if they came back to it in 3 or 4 years, but in the next year or so for the ESB and ROTJ lines? I kinda doubt it.

More than likely it'll be the same exact Chewie... but this time with a net included. :D

Bah, this was my first thought. Bauer advised no plans for a V2 Chewie, so I decided not to chance it. I still think a V2 is more likely than not (I do remember all the talk way back when that HT lost money on Hulk and would never make another one, etc., etc.) but I picked this one up as insurance. Also... there is always the chance that V2 is not any better than V1. It's not a guarantee that a second version will be better, though it's likely.

If they do release another it will have a resculpted mouth section and snout, which will make a massive difference though?
You can't really worry about what they will do, this is great to enjoy now.

I agree 100% with this. It's such an amazing achievement from Hot Toys!

I ****ing love this figure. Even with minimal futzing it looks great. Room for improvement? Glaring errors? yes and yes. But its just ****ing brilliant.

If they do release another it will have a resculpted mouth section and snout, which will make a massive difference though?...
Yeah, I do hope so. I don't even care if I lose $100+ on V1. At least by buying I increased the chance of a better V2, is my thinking. Even combined, they'd be cheaper together than one custom. If they actually ever NAIL Chewie, it will have been well worth it. Would love to see an accurate closed mouth face on him.

Bah, this was my first thought. Bauer advised no plans for a V2 Chewie, so I decided not to chance it. I still think a V2 is more likely than not (I do remember all the talk way back when that HT lost money on Hulk and would never make another one, etc., etc.) but I picked this one up as insurance. Also... there is always the chance that V2 is not any better than V1. It's not a guarantee that a second version will be better, though it's likely.

If they do release another it will have a resculpted mouth section and snout, which will make a massive difference though?
You can't really worry about what they will do, this is great to enjoy now.
Don't get me wrong. I'm definitely in for this figure. The brow, eye and snout area could use some work but I still think this figure came out great. I'm still find myself surprised how well the hair came out regardless of the color tone in certain areas.

What do you mean? Didn't you add them to your account? They are free Reward Points. Those numbers are not to be added like a coupon to any order.

Darn, the only one I got was Spooky15.

dang I wish I could have raked in some reward points.

Back