1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woohoo, that looks great, Rory! :blissy

Was considering putting this on flex and getting this for myself for Xmas, but...give it to me now, Sideshow!:impatient:

How many of you guys feel like this for saying they cancelled or were going to cancel their order....

businessman-sitting-in-corner-with-dunce-hat.jpg

I just got a second Chewie head from HK.
The snout isn't as prominent and the lips are darker.

Not drawing any conclusions from that really, except it looks a lot better. This could be simply a production variation, or maybe they improved things mid batch.
There is a much more accurate curve down on the top lip. Bodes well for you guys ordering from SS.

I cancelled the 2 pack but if Rory says some mods were made mid batch and The SSC batch includes these changes, I might reset.

Tell me more, Rory!

The only thing that irks me is that chewies facial hair except the satchel should be more of that lighter shade!

That said -- Rorywan, excellent futzing!

OMG Rory, this 2nd head looks exactly like real Chewie!
And also amazing photos!!

Does it bother anyone else that Chewies bowcaster is waaay too bowed?

Maybe it's cuz I had the old school one from 1979 and his bow aster was shaped more like
this (---
Than
this. C---

Can anyone who has Chewbacca and the 2 Stormtroopers post a pic ala walking the Death Star corridors when Chewie was a "prisoner"?
I cannot wait to get the 2pk, I have some pics in mind I cannot wait to do!

Same has anyone got shipping notice for the 2 pack yet ?

OMG....I was 4yrs old when I got my tonsils out and my mum and dad returned to the hospital the next day with Han solo, leia, x wing luke and r2d2 4inch kenner figures..and I have never forgetten that day and every figure I have gotten since, and I am 39 now.

That's bad ass Glenfett i kinda feel like we both have had same parenting or Jedi iniation into the star wars galaxy, same scarring ha ha very cool bro i'll be 39 also very soon cheer's to good parent's.:duff

Yeah that new head looks great! Here's hoping it's a change they made early enough on, so that most of us will end up getting it.

Maybe it's cuz I had the old school one from 1979 and his bow aster was shaped more like
this (---
Than
this. C---

Huh, hadn't noticed that before but you're right! They got the curve totally wrong for some reason. Guess I'll have to make my own bow for it instead now.

this (---
Than
this. C---

Found a page with history and photos of Chewie's Bowcaster:

Original Trilogy Bowcaster | The Wretched Hive

It looks as though Hot Toys formed the bow in the armed position (with the string drawn back), as opposed to disarmed as here in ROTJ:

url

The bowcaster they've made for Chewie is apparently wrong for ANH, since:

The ANH Bowcaster did not have the crossbow string on the bow. In the Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi bowcaster, the string is present.

Considering it fires laser bolts vs energized projectiles I don't know if the bow would ever be in the armed position....

Considering it fires laser bolts vs energized projectiles I don't know if the bow would ever be in the armed position....

According to Wookieepedia:

The bowcaster (sometimes called the Wookiee Crossbow) was a Wookiee projectile weapon that fired a metal quarrel enveloped in energy. Some bowcasters were modified to fire pure energy.

Quarrels were a secondary type of ammunition for a bowcaster and the DC-17m Interchangeable Weapon System's sniper mode. The beam emitted from the components near the stock energized the quarrel. The twin polarizers would then magnetically accelerate the energized quarrel out of the bow. The quarrel would ultimately explode upon impact with a target. It resembled an elongated laser bolt when fired because it was wrapped in an energy envelope that channeled the quarrel's explosive force into the target.

I definitely prefer the wider and string-less ANH look the best.

It's another of those incomprehensible ****-ups that both HT and SS make in spite of a wealth of available reference material.

...we are proud to present the highly-detailed Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope : Chewbacca Sixth Scale Collectible Figure!

Back