1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone who has Chewbacca and the 2 Stormtroopers post a pic ala walking the Death Star corridors when Chewie was a "prisoner"?
I cannot wait to get the 2pk, I have some pics in mind I cannot wait to do!

Few more pics. Really liking the more traditional look. It's so easy to switch the styles around. Chewie is one of the best figures I've ever owned.

I just got a second Chewie head from HK.
The snout isn't as prominent and the lips are darker.

Not drawing any conclusions from that really, except it looks a lot better. This could be simply a production variation, or maybe they improved things mid batch.
There is a much more accurate curve down on the top lip. Bodes well for you guys ordering from SS.

Can anyone who has Chewbacca and the 2 Stormtroopers post a pic ala walking the Death Star corridors when Chewie was a "prisoner"?
I cannot wait to get the 2pk, I have some pics in mind I cannot wait to do!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Just a quick futz. iPhone pics sorry.
The Chewie we know and love is in there. Learnt quite a bit about the head construction and issues today.
Possibly my favourite Hot Toy since I started collecting.

1_zps6lhmw4ra.jpg

2_zps0xlbigoo.jpg

The Chewie we know and love is in there. Learnt quite a bit about the head construction and issues today.

I agree Rory, probably my favourite HT too.

I can see a difference there.

1_zps6lhmw4ra.jpg

2_zps0xlbigoo.jpg

This is a GREAT futz!!! Looking at pic of Chewie's profile, there are NO issues with the muzzle when the fur is futz well!!!
I'd love to hear more about what you have learned to get the most out of this figure.

2_zps0xlbigoo.jpg

Looking fantastic there, Rory. :rock That's a big compliment for Chewie too. Tell us more about the construction of the head. This is something I've been thinking about since I first say it previewed way back and was thinking of possible ways to modify the head if it came down to that. Like is the hair rooted on a single piece or pieces of fabric( which I assume is probably glued to the head) that can be pulled back or carefully removed in some way to get to the base sculpt underneath?

2_zps0xlbigoo.jpg

Really nice! Have enjoyed everyone's pics and how they've been able to elevate this figure. It's still new and everyone is still figuring this one out, but you are the first that I've noticed to really get the hair on the arms looking natural. When his arms are extended the hair should fall down like you have it. I think it really adds a lot to making it look more realistic.

Fantastic posing and pics.

1_zps6lhmw4ra.jpg

2_zps0xlbigoo.jpg

You're apologizing for these iPhone pics, Rory? It looks like Peter Mayhew is inside this figure!

Is this sporting the 2nd head you mentioned getting from Hong Kong? Because this looks spot-on perfect. Nicely colored lips, no over-sized muzzle. Looks like you may have dampened the fur a bit to get him looking just right, but I'm just guessing. Please share your futzing tips with us!

Back