1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know one thing, I'm not changing my Chewie from stock other than pulling the hair under the chin. Going to the extremes of lightening the fur on the face is cool and all, but really tarnishes the value of him.

I think him not looking like Chewie from the film really tarnishes the fig for me. The two fur changed ones I've seen so far have made him look so much better. The stock face just looks bad imo.

Haha, it's just the lighting in the corridor where they stun Leia.

What's interesting is the trooper in front doesn't have the venting lines along the sides of his helmet. His tubing isn't ribbed, nomsayin?

latest

Haha, it's just the lighting in the corridor where they stun Leia.

What's interesting is the trooper in front doesn't have the venting lines along the sides of his helmet. His tubing isn't ribbed, nomsayin?

latest

Dont quote me exactly but one of them ( pretty sure the guy in front) is the hero trooper and the guy in the back is wearing the stunt. They made like 5 hero armors, 2 were for han and luke. And about 40 or so stunt. But dont quote me exactly.

I have a question for those that lightened the fur with pastels. To me pastel means a soft crayon (this might be were I miss something), do you actually go to work on the fur holding a crayon, or do you use something else to get the color on?

Dont quote me exactly but one of them ( pretty sure the guy in front) is the hero trooper and the guy in the back is wearing the stunt. They made like 5 hero armors, 2 were for han and luke. And about 40 or so stunt. But dont quote me exactly.

Actually 56, six of which were hero variants. You call yourself a Star Wars fan and don't know such basic stuff? :cuckoo:

Just kidding of course. :lol

I have a question for those that lightened the fur with pastels. To me pastel means a soft crayon (this might be were I miss something), do you actually go to work on the fur holding a crayon, or do you use something else to get the color on?

Actually 56, six of which were hero variants. You call yourself a Star Wars fan and don't know such basic stuff? :cuckoo:

Just kidding of course. :lol

Haha well there you go

I know someone said he was using a pastel pencil for his Chewie. I just used a piece of regular pastel chalk, which I either applied directly or ran a paintbrush over a few times so it picked up enough pastel that I could just use the brush.

Received my Chewbacca the same time I received my sprain ankle. Very painful in a boot with crutches. Have not had too much time with Chewie as he is on a random shelf in the living room. He has not made his way down to the display cabinets to join his other HT buddies.

Come on guys give me a hug…..it would make me feel better!!! :medic

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

I could not directly apply my pastel so I "dusted" them off a poster board then used a brush to apply to the fur.
dd2ad2f62cfa49e83bc8db9cc4acce8b.jpg
8220f8d18519b99731317e0f8f9cdc04.jpg

It not ANH-py yet. Might do dry brushing if i can find the right color. But that's permanent and i believe this pastel can still be removed.

Futzing still in progress.

Edit: looks dirty. Will clean it up later. Chewie taking a lot of my hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great, Matrix! :clap

Matrix, great job. Looks fantastic.

Yeah that looks great. Good job man!

Looks great.

That looks fantastic!

Beautiful...............this is what I'm striving for with maybe a bit more lighter tones around the snout but leaving his stache.........:clap

We in the same boat brother, less is more! ANH :duff

GREAT job!!!!

Thanks so much:)

Back