1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All in on Chewie but I'm not sure I'm sold on Han yet. I'll wait to see if any improvements come over the next several months.

I love Hot Toys, but I love Star Wars more. Kind of a let down to have another Indiana Jones and Alice mishap with the sculpt.

In the 8 years I have been a member here I wish, just once, people could let other people like something without having the Millimeter Brigade of Self-proclaimed Right Thinkers call people "nut huggers", "cheer leaders", "fan boys" or any other adjective used to describe someone with a different opinion as something less than an idiot or a sycophant.

I love Hot Toys, but I love Star Wars more. Kind of a let down to have another Indiana Jones and Alice mishap with the sculpt.

They have time for tweaks. Everyone remember this pic of the T1000? Zero Patrick likeness. Final was dead on. I have hope

900996_press01-001.jpg

In the 8 years I have been a member here I wish, just once, people could let other people like something without having the Millimeter Brigade of Self-proclaimed Right Thinkers call people "nut huggers", "cheer leaders", "fan boys" or any other adjective used to describe someone with a different opinion as something less than an idiot or a sycophant.

hey now, no one is getting bashed. Just having a little fun with it. I can see my sig may be offensive. Off to make it less offensive.

****ing. A.

I feel the same way. *I* don't like the (Han) sculpt. But I don't care if other people do. But when someone mentions they feel the sculpt is off or that it looks like someone else, they should receive the same courtesy.

In any case, I maintain my **** sandwich position. $230 for semi-decent bread doesn't make a hit. Indy's sculpt was off, but I love the set. If this thing had additional fancy toppings and better bread, maybe it would also go down as easily.

Chewie is the value and hit-maker of the pair, IMO.

I agree, but aside from you and I, everyone else is on HT's nuts right now.

Uh, that's not true -at all. :lol There's been numerous people to point out things they didnt like about these figures, including myself. Its just you've gone off the deep end and seemingly dont want anyone to say ANYTHING good about them. :lol

I feel the same way. *I* don't like the sculpt. But I don't care if other people do. But when someone mentions they feel the sculpt is off or that it looks like someone else, they should receive the same courtesy. Look, Rory will always follow me around and post follow-ups to my posts. It's part of his thing. I have no idea if it's his insecurity, or that he wants to walk a fine line tempting moderator action, but it's a never-ending pattern nonetheless.

In any case, I maintain my **** sandwich position. $230 for semi-decent bread doesn't make a hit. Indy's sculpt was off, but I love the set. If this thing had additional fancy toppings and better bread, maybe it would also go down as easily.

That's fine. I haven't seen anyone telling you or the other 2 guys that you can't have/express an opinoin. But if you can't see how telling people that they must love eating **** sandwiches is a little inflammatory then you are deli-man eating your own **** sandwiches.

That's fine. I haven't seen anyone telling you or the other 2 guys that you can't have/express an opinoin. But if you can't see how telling people that they must love eating **** sandwiches is a little inflammatory then you are deli-man eating your own **** sandwiches.

That was specific to one certain individual who has a habit for following me around and replying to my posts. Generally I ignore, but then someone goes and quotes them. That's in the other thread and I only accidentally included a mention in this thread which I have since edited out. Damned threads are too similar.

Matt - you catch my last post there?

Just now yes and thanks.

To no one in particular: - hope I am not making anyone mad. Sorry if I am being a jackass to some. Just like to have fun with 'non serious' issues like our doll collecting. Bottom line, I know we all want awesome HT figures. That is clear. Collecting is serious business....

And yes, they still need tweaks

Uh, that's not true -at all. :lol There's been numerous people to point out things they didnt like about these figures, including myself. Its just you've gone off the deep end and seemingly dont want anyone to say ANYTHING good about them. :lol

That is very fair. Let me be clear: Chewie is awesome from the nose down. Eyes need tweaking and he looks good to go. Han is a little beefy looking in the body. Head is off, but the the gun and holster look nice. LOL sorry, that one needs a lot of work. That said, nicest thing I can say about HT is that its HT. They've proven they can and do make major tweaks following the inital reveal. I preordered these based on that via SSC with NRD.

I just preordered this set. This is my 1st time buying from the Sideshow site so I was hoping to get a 1st timers discount. Nothing big maybe a few dollars off but it didn't happen. I'm still happy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very impressed with this mass produced chewie! still feels dream like that hes finally coming out lol . i hope the end product delivers.

I know right I woke up and checked to make sure I didn't dream pre ordering chewie. I don't see the hub bib with chewie we all know we're going to futz with him the moment he comes in. As far as Han I am confused as far as his height. I thought Harrison ford was 6'2 wouldn't that make Han 12" at least. But that might mean chewie would need to go to 15" flat. I guess we will need to wait for development.

Back