1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else not able to find the Han and Chewie two pack on SSC's site, now? Can't find it in regular or archived products. Also noticed that there is no Flexpay option on either the single Solo or Chewie (though there is on Obi-Wan). Wonder if that points to brisk sales for these guys. Will be ordering Chewie pretty quick, I think.

Sonnofa... I was typing "Han and Chewie/Chewbacca" and coming up empty, haha. OK, cool, so a little less mysterious. Thanks, Kuat and Pix.

If the stormtroopers are any indication, HT couldn't have made a million of these. So we're likely to just wake up one day with these 'disappeared' like we did with the troopers. Although, unlike the troopers, a lot of people passed on Chewbacca and/or Han based on likeness issues. I don't think anyone had a problem with the troopers, based on how many people bought multiples.

If the stormtroopers are any indication, HT couldn't have made a million of these. So we're likely to just wake up one day with these 'disappeared' like we did with the troopers. Although, unlike the troopers, a lot of people passed on Chewbacca and/or Han based on likeness issues. I don't think anyone had a problem with the troopers, based on how many people bought multiples.
Yeah and I figure it shows some confidence on SSC's part not to offer a two payment flex on either of them, now that they are in-stock. I can't recall any $200+ figures that they've done that with, though I generally don't wait until stuff is in-stock to order. Now I gotta think about if Ben is worth ordering or not. Would save me a few sheckles on shipping to order together but I can foresee Ben being discounted later...

Yeah I noticed that too. The two-pack isn't on the normal drop-down for SW figures anymore. You have to go searching for it now for some reason.

This usually means that even though the waitlist is active, they've archived it and possibly means these waitlists won't actually convert. They're essentially hiding it.

Now I gotta think about if Ben is worth ordering or not. Would save me a few sheckles on shipping to order together but I can foresee Ben being discounted later...

Tough call. I went ahead and bought it yesterday with the new code. Although I saw it on ebay for $213 (sold out now though). You could end up saving $30 or so... or you could lose it. Depends how important he is to you on the shelf I guess. I decided that despite the problems I have with whoever it is supposed to be, I definitely want an HT Ben on my shelf. It will be the ONLY HT Guinness made.

Well once I figured out the look, it was pretty easy. But it took a lot of messing around and experimenting in order to get to that point.

I also went a bit overboard with the pastel last time, so tried to dial that back a bit as well.

Ok, you've done it again!!! You've now made me reconsider for a 3rd time. This looks incredible.

You dialed back the pastel this time? Please explain because I think this looks amazing.

Ok, you've done it again!!! You've now made me reconsider for a 3rd time. This looks incredible.

You dialed back the pastel this time? Please explain because I think this looks amazing.

I'm just saying I think I laid it on a bit too thick before. The face already looks a bit lighter in hand than it does in pics anyway, so there wasn't any need to go overboard with it. Although I might brighten up the brow again...

ordered Chewbacca! and My waitlist for hansolo exclusive converted! :D
I hope the hair futzing isn't as hard as it looks.

btw what is "futzing" in terms of hottoys/action figures? I have an idea but want to make sure.

Anyone see this? They got the fur color right,:rotfl

Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens - Chewbacca™ 17 Inch Animatronic Interactive Figure | ToysRUs

pTRU1-20700975enh-z6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Anyone see this? They got the fur color right,:rotfl

Lovely.

Produced based on digital data from Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Of course, it's so easy to tell by how realistic he looks and how every part just fits together seamlessly. Someone send photos to prop guys to start making costumes.

Highly poseable with 31 Points of articulation!

They're clearly going after the high end crowd.

Over 10 sayings and sound effects

Woah! *Over* 10. Like at least 11. You could digitize the entire soundtrack to every SW movie on the smallest MicroSD card you can find for sale anywhere on the planet. :)

ordered Chewbacca! and My waitlist for hansolo exclusive converted! :D
I hope the hair futzing isn't as hard as it looks.

btw what is "futzing" in terms of hottoys/action figures? I have an idea but want to make sure.

Basically just manipulating your figure without doing anything permanent to change it from factory condition. Paint/dye/body swap="modding". Water treating the clothes to get a better look (natural draping, getting rid of wrinkles/making wrinkles, etc...), or hair brushing as it were= "futzing"

Back