1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you get the chewy chain and collar?

It was something I threw together. The collar is a strip of leather I cut from a larger piece and painted. The spikes are the ends of toothpicks. Just poke holes in the leather and slip the toothpick in, then cut off and you have instant spikes. The chain is a piece of old necklace painted black.

Are there any concerns about how this will hold up over time? Like the suit deteriorating or something? Just curious.

I think its time for a new picture, I haven't seen yours lately in its final pose.

Here's some of the latest futzing I've done on it. I wasn't really happy with the shape I had for the face before, so hopefully this looks a little bit better. And it's also got the darker nose now as well.

IMG_1073 (546x800).jpg

IMG_1074 (529x800).jpg

IMG_1067 (572x800).jpg

One other thing I want to do at some point is give him some bigger incisors. The current ones are just way too thin and tiny compared to what they should be:

gds (293x350).jpg

View attachment 218057

Han and Chewie arrived today, what a great pair of figures! Boushh has been waiting for Chewie for a long time.

Thats exactly what I plan to do when chewie arrives. Is that a different chain than the one that came with hasbro chewie? (Captured version).
Your chain appears to be finer and not made of plastic?

:eek That looks amazing!

Here's some of the latest futzing I've done on it. I wasn't really happy with the shape I had for the face before, so hopefully this looks a little bit better. And it's also got the darker nose now as well.

View attachment 218138

View attachment 218139

View attachment 218140

One other thing I want to do at some point is give him some bigger incisors. The current ones are just way too thin and tiny compared to what they should be:

View attachment 218141

Thats exactly what I plan to do when chewie arrives. Is that a different chain than the one that came with hasbro chewie? (Captured version).
Your chain appears to be finer and not made of plastic?

Just a cheap necklace I picked up from Wal-Mart. I build a lot of ship models, so I always have some chain stashed away. Just find an inexpansive necklace the size you like and spray it with flat black. You can also dry brush some brown to rust it up.

I'm not sure we can expect another version of Chewbacca in the future or not. I'm not waiting for it either way. But if they ever do I imagine they will give it roaring head sculpt much like Chewie in this picture.

Bravo davejames. Best I've seen this look, by a mile.

You almost have me caving! Is that difficult to achieve?

Well once I figured out the look, it was pretty easy. But it took a lot of messing around and experimenting in order to get to that point.

I also went a bit overboard with the pastel last time, so tried to dial that back a bit as well.

Just got my tracking number from Big Bad Toy Store about my Han and Solo, anyone now the site to track Saver Shipping packages?

Well once I figured out the look, it was pretty easy. But it took a lot of messing around and experimenting in order to get to that point.

I also went a bit overboard with the pastel last time, so tried to dial that back a bit as well.

Thanks. It looks absolutely amazing. :clap

Just ordered thru sideshow using SP00KY 15 for $20 off. Have Stormtrooper Luke on PO, will also get Stormtrooper Han and Leia. That should hold me off on Hot Toys Star Wars for a while.

Back