1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Ace has done a better job with their Harry Potter line than Hot Toys has done with Star Wars imo.

I'm a bit biased, but I agree with this.

I PO'ed Han & Chewie from Sideshow when they first went up.
There was a NRD with them.
Any chance I can cancel these two and get my NRD back?
They look nothing like the prototypes.

I believe there's a one time NRD transfer you can do, to a more expensive item.

Well, I like Han, and cheques bowcaster looks amazing..... As does chewie from the neck down but I still believe he's futzable. It's like the hair on and around his face is pulled down too tight.... I like the way the facial/neck hair is in the first pic in the first post of the thread. I realize it's the prototype but still...

chewie-db_2c0efea2.jpeg11824990_931013076937021_456273224586812928_n.jpg

To be frank, under the fur it's barely a passing resemblance.

In a couple of those photos he looks okay; certainly not as bad as some of the train-wreck shots from Ani-Con or whatever it was. In-hand pics from Freaks will tell us more. I'm just not sure "okay" is good enough. And I thought they would have tightened up on Han's boots...

The Toys Daily pics look like he really put some effort into futzing Chewbacca properly.

I'm just not sure.

Han is looking more like a caricature than a real person, looks like one of those exaggerated political cartoons. These almost feel like custom figures, where you have to say "Oh, this is just an artist's interpretation of these characters"

As mentioned many times before, Chewie looks great from the neck down. The sculpt is some generic Wookie at best or a skunk-ape at worst.

I really, really was looking forward to a good Chewie and unfortunately this ain't it. I'll pick it up someday when perhaps it's heavily discounted. (unless we get a version 2.0 release that solves the issues with the sculpt.)

The "...for a mass produced item..." bit has to end. Hot Toys managed to nail the body and body fur perfectly. It's the head sculpt "under" the fur that is throwing the Chewie likeness way off. Damn shame.

Back