1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Generic L.A. pretty boy on the right.:lol

I still see Gregory "Harrison." :lol

293309__32850.1355597272.500.500.jpg

I actually like that one. Its one of the better Ford sculpts.

It seems no matter what there's always something that doesn't sit right with his sculpts. Wtf is it about his likeness that is so hard to nail I wonder.

It's a good sculpt, but very specific. The generic one is more versatile, but so many people don't like it.

I still see Gregory "Harrison." :lol

We need to complie a list of actors people have seen in this sculpt. I think we're above a dozen at this point.:rotfl

I think the trick is to just get used to it as "Hot Toys Han Solo" in your head and it starts to look just like Han Solo. Sort of the way the classic Kenner 3 3/4" figures worked. Let your imagination fill in the rest.

It's a sort-of-okay likeness in the context of those pics, but put this head on a generic suit body and I'm not sure people would pick it as HF/Han though.

Even as bad as the apps are on the older SSC Han, its quickly identifiable as HF/Han even on a generic body.

2n8ztr6.png

Also, Han in SW had such attitude/swagger it was a part of his character and this HT sculpt is so bland expression-wise.

I certainly think this is a better HF than the HT Indy, but it's still underwhelming (a word which doesn't go very well with "$230")
Cartoon Han Solo vs. super realistic Steve Guttenberg. Choices, choices.

Ford as Solo, like Indy, had a swagger about him, especially in his facial expressions. This sculpt by Hot Toys shows a too serious intense expression. Solo rarely looked like this. A lost opportunity by my estimation, they should have hired Trevor to sculpt this; he is deserving of getting the call.

We need to complie a list of actors people have seen in this sculpt. I think we're above a dozen at this point.:rotfl

I think the trick is to just get used to it as "Hot Toys Han Solo" in your head and it starts to look just like Han Solo. Sort of the way the classic Kenner 3 3/4" figures worked. Let your imagination fill in the rest.

Let's see, just going by memory:

John Travolta
Steve Guttenberg
Ben Stiller
James Brolin
Mark Wahlberg
Mark Ruffalo
Hugh Jackman
Christian Bale
Gregory Harrison

Cartoon Han Solo vs. super realistic Steve Guttenberg. Choices, choices.
And that is one of SSC of old better paint jobs. :lol

John Travolta
Steve Guttenberg
Ben Stiller
James Brolin
Mark Wahlberg
Mark Ruffalo
Hugh Jackman
Gregory Harrison
And still no appearance of Tom Cruise. :lol

Just saw this, and I'm excited! The Han Solo sculpt works fine for me and the Chewie looks about as good as a walking carpet can be in 1/6th Scale! I'll probably end up ordering the set to get the extra blaster - I can't help it, I'm a sucker for exclusives, and when it's Star Wars... this could be a seriously expensive few years...

I know I'm late to the party here but: way off. There are so many things not right with this, if I heard they didn't get the rights to his likeness and this is just their generic Han Solo figure, I would believe it.

I'm a massive SW fan but this, sadly, is a easy pass unless they take another swing at the head sculpt.

Before it was LFL who had final approval on likeness but now I suspect Disney is behind these shenanigans.

I'm getting tired of the likeness conversation. Look, we all know the issue. For a long time, Han Solo was rumored to be one of the upcoming Hot Toys DX figures. And we didn't get that, unfortunately.

So I'm sure we can all agree, this would look much better with PERS.

John Travolta
Steve Guttenberg
Ben Stiller
James Brolin
Mark Wahlberg
Mark Ruffalo
Hugh Jackman
Christian Bale
Gregory Harrison

You left out Jeff Goldblum and Tom Wopat (HT Dukes of Hazard Han/Luke two-fer with John Schnedier as Luke)

Back