1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of mere curiosity, are the leg joints at the waist of this figure loose for anyone else? I've had mine for a few months and this is something that really doesn't bother me, but I was just wondering out of curiosity as mentioned.

aec7ce6c0066109b0a84e5450806eb8f.jpg

is this sculpt really that bad? was intent on this as next SW HT for collect then i saw here talk of sculpt being bad, which hadnt occurred to me so asked a non-toy collecting pal for his opinion and he agreed with wht i read here thought it looked nothing at all like ford. so shifted focus to the SHF han but i love my HT bespin Luke inhand so much that i cant help but wonder if i would this fig inhand as well.

so general opinion is its off but how off? interested in hearing other views with it inhand like mayeb it is off but not a bother inhand etc

aka someone convince to buy this lol :lol

It's as good as the photos that you see of it. To me it's about on par with Bespin Luke in terms of likeness to the actor. It's a really good figure overall, even if the sculpt isn't a 9 like the TFA Han seems to be.

Yeah this is definitely a sculpt that looks a lot better in hand. The likeness may not be quite as strong as the Jnix Han, but it still captures Ford pretty well and looks pretty damn good on the shelf.

is this sculpt really that bad? was intent on this as next SW HT for collect then i saw here talk of sculpt being bad, which hadnt occurred to me so asked a non-toy collecting pal for his opinion and he agreed with wht i read here thought it looked nothing at all like ford. so shifted focus to the SHF han but i love my HT bespin Luke inhand so much that i cant help but wonder if i would this fig inhand as well.

so general opinion is its off but how off? interested in hearing other views with it inhand like mayeb it is off but not a bother inhand etc

aka someone convince to buy this lol :lol

No, it's not.

As others have said, it actually looks better in hand than it does in photos. I didn't think it looked that bad in photos to begin with myself, but it does look even better in hand. Everyone who has seen the figure in my display has remarked how much the sculpt looks like Ford in ANH.

However, the stock V2 sculpt is stronger than the V1. And by V2, I mean the second run of this figure.

I think they ever-so-slightly focused the sculpted expression for Han 2.0, and as such he works better than the first batch - so it's a very solid buy, and along with ANH Chewie, a no-brainer.

Ford & Hamill are both notoriously difficult to capture in a sculpt, probably because they look so different from different angles and with different expressions.

All HT's Lukes and Hans look exactly like the actor - if you can find the right reference photo! ;)

(BTW are there side-by-side comparisons of the V1 & V2 sculpts?)

Yeah once I got my Han I noticed that the sculpt is actually pretty good. Better than I thought it would be, but like SilverStar17 said I didn't think the in-hand pictures I've seen looked bad. Just when I would look at the promo pictures I thought it didn't look much like Harrison.

I also have the V2 sculpt, since I got Han a few months ago.

The HT Han sculpt definitely looks better in profile.

But once I replaced it with the Jnix sculpt, the figure came alive.

I may repurpose the Hot Toys Han sculpt for the Indiana Jones in map room garb set.

thks for the replies greatly appreciated! did not know there were two vers of this sculpt via HT, assuming SS has the updated ver now correct? would also like to see the side by side.

Side by side is subtle (V2 on the right has a more determined look instead of the sort of confused look the initial paint job kind of gave him in some shots), the biggest difference is that the initial prototype version was changed to the sculpt that these two use:

han-heads_zps5jal9wmc.JPG

Last edited:
I think it's a whimsical notion that there was a change for the second release, but rather that it was pot luck how figures from either run turned out.

Mine was from the first run, and in hand the expression and paint is more comparable to the one labelled V2. The only other explanation could be that as a UK order it was from production months later than the initial release.

As a sculpt, if you shine a light from below or from above the expression and Ford likeness is really apparent. I wouldn't, for example, change it for a Jnix unless I wanted to make a Han from a later film.
I ended up with 2-3 from the second run (not at once) but they seemed pretty consistent and different than the first one I had. All the V2s had a missing spot on the right sideburn which is why I kept my V1 each time. My thinking was just that the paint apps came out slightly different for whatever reason on that second run (doubt it was intentional), but only had the one from the first run so it's kind of impossible for me to say if those varied a bit more.

Side by side is subtle (V2 on the right has a more determined look instead of the sort of confused look the initial paint job kind of gave him in some shots), the biggest difference is that the initial prototype version was changed to the sculpt that these two use:

Looks like the same sculpt to me. The paint is obviously different, more refined. Any differences you see in the sculpt I would say is due to the darker paint, light/shadow effects.

Back