1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the rest of the hair has a bit of an ashiness tone to it. I would maybe do a wash of something if I knew how to paint. No way I'll risk screwing anything up on this sculpt.

39342319730ee2135d1c80c693cf00d1.jpg

That's amazing work. Sorry I missed it, and I don't even own HT Han. :rotfl

Yeah, I regret not getting in on this too. We're so close to vacation, but in hindsight, I'd skip a few souvenirs (and meals) to grab it now.

Hey, if SS can blow the cobwebs of the molds and re-issue, so can jnix, right? Someone make a 3rd run list for him so we can show him how much money he's missing out on. Would that be rude?:lol

jk. Jealous of all who got him. They all look fantastic. I'll not make the same mistake if a Luke is in the works.

I feel sorry for anyone who's just bought the HT Solo and comes to this thread. "Did I get the right head?" :lol

It really should be renamed "Jnix mms 261.":rotfl

Sometimes when you get a custom peice there is stil *some element of a custom to it. So even though it might have a superior sculpt or even paint application an element of it looks custom or hand done.

With this head it's about as clean to an official hot toys product swap as you can get. Skin tone matches it looks perfect with the rest of the hot toys heads, same leave of detail in paint and sculpt.

A total and utter upgrade.

Ok, I suggest everyone take off their shirt and remove the wire in the V-neck if you don't want your shirt to turn orange. Turns out they put a COPPER wire in there(WTF). Luckily, it's very easy to remove since it's not fully stitched in. Just lift the material up at the bottom and you can pull it right out

Edit: Look like there are 2. One wasn't stitched in and could be slid right out. The other is in between those stitches. Just get an exacto and make a careful cut to open a pocket and slide the other one out. What a dumb decision to put those in...

View attachment 277285

Mixed up some acrylic paint + matte medium and painted over the stained area in the V-neck and pretty much can't tell anymore. Looks white, but in person it's more creamy yellow like the shirt. Still will probably pick up an extra shirt, but this will do for now

View attachment 277374

Thank you for that tip. I was fortunate to get to mine before it turned color.

This is very easy to do. For anyone worried about it, you don't even have to take off the shirt completely. Just take off the vest, untuck the shirt, undo the velcro at the back, lift the shirt up at the front, and you should see the copper wires right away. They slip out with minimal effort.

Thank you for that tip. I was fortunate to get to mine before it turned color.

This is very easy to do. For anyone worried about it, you don't even have to take off the shirt completely. Just take off the vest, untuck the shirt, undo the velcro at the back, lift the shirt up at the front, and you should see the copper wires right away. They slip out with minimal effort.

It was simple!

Took all of a minute to do. Both wires just pulled out, no need to cut anything.

Though I don't know why copper should turn the material orange, since when copper reacts it turns green with verdigris.

There was no change in colour to the shirt on mine, but better to be safe than sorry.

Weird, I didn't see a way to get the inner one out on mine other than a cut. Maybe it's not copper and something else? Whatever it is, it's definitely to do with those wires

On mine, at the bottom end of each side of the V-neck, the copper wires were exposed with the ends bent into a tiny ring to hold a dab of glue.

The first one pulled straight out with tweezers as there was no glue on it. The second took a little more effort as it was glued to the shirt.

Some people had problems with their HT Bank Robber Joker shirts turning yellow down the seam with the buttons, but that was due to glue.

Interesting. Just figured it had to be associated with the copper coloring since it's orange, so maybe it's a combo of glue and that wire? Really annoying when you spend a lot on one of these things and it's a potential defect time bomb

the wires on mine came out with no problem. as you look under the shirt you can see both copper wires exposed so I pulled each one out at a time and that was that. thanks for the tips as my first shirt did turn orange and did not know why until now

Wait, so what's going on here? I was one of the ones that converted for the second run of Han and Chewie figures. Did they make alterations to the figure and/or sculpt at all?

Back