Hot Toys - MMS 191 - Iron Man 3 - Tony Stark Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even good bootlegs are not the real thing.
There will always be someone out there who will pay a lot more for the actual HT head.
But it is a very good bootleg.
It just reinforces my theory that headplay work for HT, already having the HT Tony head in hand for sale just when the figure hit the market...
:rotfl
How DO they have a bootleg up for sale so quickly? :cuckoo:

That's why I mistook it as the real thing as the thought that it was a bootleg didn't even come across my mind considering the figure just came out.

Forgot they sell bootleg sculpts. Their bootlegs are usually good, even better than the original as far the DX12 goes.

That's why I mistook it as the real thing as the thought that it was a bootleg didn't even come across my mind considering the figure just came out.

Forgot they sell bootleg sculpts. Their bootlegs are usually good, even better than the original as far the DX12 goes.

It's on pre-order though.... not in stock yet... it'll probably take them a week or 2 to cast, produce, paint the heads.... the one exception was Catwoman's head.... where the clone was available before HK retail.

The materials they use are getting better..... sometimes improving from the original..

mine is coming from BBTS. should ship next week. what i find interesting is, where are the people that said they were cancelling because 'the mechanic' blew this version away? LOL like i said before, no collection will be complete without both!!!

I have always been convinced that HT sells over-production of unpainted heads to interested parties for pennies. The bootleggers will then have their own people to do the painting(Hence the difference in quality), and sell them on for a bit of a profit.
It's either that or HT *are* putting out the bootlegs with a "b-team" paintjob.

mine is coming from BBTS. should ship next week. what i find interesting is, where are the people that said they were cancelling because 'the mechanic' blew this version away? LOL like i said before, no collection will be complete without both!!!

I had only preordered the Mechanic version, but I came to this conclusion as well and preordered from BBTS. Can never have enough RDJ figures in the collection.

Haven’t urchased a head play head yet, but when you one can you already attach it to a ttm or do you have to mod it on some how?

Damn This fig looks great I just wished I enjoyed the movie. I wish they made a cave tony or a jericho tony.( Growl)

ah, okay thanks, I looked at a lot of them on ebay, not really that impressed with most of them

BBTS will have them that soon??

what i find interesting is, where are the people that said they were cancelling because 'the mechanic' blew this version away? LOL like i said before, no collection will be complete without both!!!

If people cancelled then that's their perogative, it's not necessary to have 50 people posting here ragging on a figure they passed on. I'm sure a few will see in hand pics and scoop him up in time. If I had to pick one of these releases as my IM3 representative, it would be the mechanic release too. Kudos to those who have the discipline to pick up only 1 or 2 figures for their Iron Man displays, I certainly don't! :lol

That being said, this set looks awesome in it's own right and I can't wait to get it. :rock

I might get the magazine alone, but I have decided to pass and wait for Mechanic or pass on that as well. It's a nice set piece but I'm saving for other things. I wish the bodies didn't have a neck attached already, prevents me from making use of the Mk7 TS head with an arc reactor body.

:panic::panic::panic: It's coming that soon‽‽‽ :panic::panic::panic:

sideshow had been sending retailers their allotment when they ship out to the people that ordered direct. people are posting that theirs has shipped. bbts should get theirs next week and usually ship within a day or two after charging.

If people cancelled then that's their perogative, it's not necessary to have 50 people posting here ragging on a figure they passed on. I'm sure a few will see in hand pics and scoop him up in time. If I had to pick one of these releases as my IM3 representative, it would be the mechanic release too. Kudos to those who have the discipline to pick up only 1 or 2 figures for their Iron Man displays, I certainly don't! :lol

That being said, this set looks awesome in it's own right and I can't wait to get it. :rock

we both know it's not necessary but also that people have no problem posting why they're not buying a figure. don't recall one negative nancy since people started posting pics. that prompted me to ask where they were. have they changed their mind?

"Hello,

At this point since we have not heard from our vendor, we are expecting them in the next few days. If we do not receive the shipment by Friday, we will be forced to change the estimated date of arrival to September.

This is something that we are unable to control. Our vendors give us an estimated date, it can be a Quarter or a month. As the time starts to get we try to get in contact with our vendor in hopes for a clearer date."

Here is what BBTS customer service answered me today, regarding shipment date for this figure.

"Hello,

At this point since we have not heard from our vendor, we are expecting them in the next few days. If we do not receive the shipment by Friday, we will be forced to change the estimated date of arrival to September.

This is something that we are unable to control. Our vendors give us an estimated date, it can be a Quarter or a month. As the time starts to get we try to get in contact with our vendor in hopes for a clearer date."

Here is what BBTS customer service answered me today, regarding shipment date for this figure.

september 1 is sunday. if they get it by wednesday the 4th, we 'should' see it shipped by friday. when i said this about loki i received a *hitload of static from the forever vocal of the forum. but none of those loudmouths apologized when it did ship from bbts the following week. i thought saying it 'should' ship by next week was enough of a disclaimer but obviously i was wrong.

Back