Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty simple figure so it's understandable he'd be on schedule. Still a bit annoyed he's gonna be out before the MK VII, Hulk and the Amazing Spider-man

Yea considering he went up for PO in what, November? Still, it's always nice to see a figure come out on schedule.

OK, I have just watched the sequence again.

Fury drops beside Coulson and they have their 'final words' as in Coulson's "They needed the......" after which he effectively does die. Ie, his heart - the bits of it that were not ripped open, at least - really does stop. However, everything else we know now is strictly whatever Fury says it is.

We see in mini-slo-mo, Med-Techs run in and begin to work on him. The shot then changes to Hill on the Heli-bridge and Fury's voice says that Coulson is 'down' and that the Medics have 'called it'. But we don't ever actually see it, do we?

My revised opinion is this...Coulson gave his life in service...as (I feel) he would have wanted, but his own last act was to make the suggestion to Fury to use his 'death' as a push to unite the Avengers team. But, he was not aware that Fury's Tech team would be able to revive him.

Scan forward a short while to the SHIELD TV show and there is Coulson, at large and in charge. He has now been told about what happened to him and how Fury did indeed use his death, and so goes with it for the sake of keeping the team together, and so accepts an assignment to train rookies in Shield operations, far away from any potential Stark/Avengers activity, otherwise the value of his 'death' story is blown.

This way, Fury can say "Yes he really did die" and be speaking the truth. But without adding the fact that he was then revived, that would fall into the 'Need-To-Know' area. Everything he actually said about it was true. That would be his defence. In a more practical Movie/TV making view of thing, it's also a convenient way for there to be no actual (ie very expensive) AVENGERS appearances in the TV show.

Coulson is coming out Friday in the Asian market, Sideshow gets it about a month later. They send out an e mail out about 2 weeks before they arrive

I wonder if this (Shield TV, Coulson resurrection) is why the UK version of the Avengers Blu-ray had the top of Loki's spear painted out?
When he impales him?

I wonder if this (Shield TV, Coulson resurrection) is why the UK version of the Avengers Blu-ray had the top of Loki's spear painted out?
When he impales him?

I thought that was just because having that much graphic violence didn't meet the criteria for UK's version of PG-13, which is what Disney/Buenavista wanted to release it as in order to get the most sales.

I gave up a long time ago guessing (or caring!) when Sideshow eventually get their figures. Out in HK on friday. The official release.

Yep. I know what you mean about Sideshow's release dates. After reading the other posts, I realized you were referring to HK's official release.

i think they should kill off Tony in avengers 2

Only if he keeps demanding more money for himself and the rest of the cast. I still think that would be a HUGE mistake.

They would be shooting themselves in the foot to have anyone else play Tony Stark than Robert Downey Jr., I expect they will fork out the millions to get him in any Avengers movies, Ironman 4-on if they start back up, cameo's or whatever else they have planned.

Hawkeye was OK, but as far as the figure goes, it seems a lot of people hated the figure too, but not are playing the price.

Coulson is the glue that tied all the Avengers together and in the end brought them together as a team. I hope they really didn't kill him off, or I hope if he's in the Shield TV show (or what ever it is), they don't ruin his character.

I pre-ordered his figure the first day and have no plans but to place him side by side with my Nick Fury.

:goodpost:

Wow even the box in the pic. Maybe we will see this guy next month after all.

Which is what happened with previous other Avenger releases in that we saw the box a month or two before actual shipments. :pray:

Ok so then it doesn't sound crazy that I saw it 12 times in the theater. I'll tell you what - I'd pay about $500 right now to be able to see it for the first time again. I've never looked forward to a movie so much, and I've never enjoyed a movie the first time around so much. Ever. Seeing it all come together was just awesome.

:exactly: I lost count how many times I've seen this movie now. :slap

Coulson is coming out Friday in the Asian market, Sideshow gets it about a month later. They send out an e mail out about 2 weeks before they arrive
:yess::panic::hi5:

The smallest magazine scan ever but it is Coulson.

942155_542318135806519_1274504917_n.jpg

Yeah looks like another bad HS from a good prototype possibly again. It's a small pic but the face looks too saggy even for Clark.

I hate when HT's does this :slap

We'll see later, I could be wrong

Yeah looks like another bad HS from a good prototype possibly again. It's a small pic but the face looks too saggy even for Clark.

I hate when HT's does this :slap

We'll see later, I could be wrong

Personally, I'd say that it is impossible to see anything meaningful from that picture that is of any relevance to HS details. It is just too darned small. Seeing as HT has managed to knock it out of the proverbial park on The Avengers so far, I am going to trust them on this one too.

We know for sure now that HT does actually change things before the final release (Thor's head being a prime example) so they do try to improve things for the better. If this is what has happened with Coulson, we have yet to see it in anything like decent photos with proper and balanced lighting.

It's in-hand pictures FTW.

Personally, I'd say that it is impossible to see anything meaningful from that picture that is of any relevance to HS details. It is just too darned small. Seeing as HT has managed to knock it out of the proverbial park on The Avengers so far, I am going to trust them on this one too.

We know for sure now that HT does actually change things before the final release (Thor's head being a prime example) so they do try to improve things for the better. If this is what has happened with Coulson, we have yet to see it in anything like decent photos with proper and balanced lighting.

It's in-hand pictures FTW.

No you're wrong!
It's time to panic and start canceling orders!
:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:
One small LQ scan has convinced me to be one of the first to cancel.
You'll all see,after this even crappier pics will emerge,then you'll be sorry.
:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Wow, so surprised to see this now after DX13 got pushed back to August. No predicting HT's release schedule I suppose. I agree that this will ultimately be a much sought after figure.

Back