Hot Toys - MMS 189 - SSC Ex The Avengers: Agent Phil Coulson (Specs and Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:duff. Anytime, my friend. Just an admirer of your work, among others here, too. Hate my crappy cell phone pics, lol....

:lol I'm glad people like them. You. An take good pics with phone cameras nowadays. It's getting to the point of, why spend money on a camera now :slap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol I'm glad people like them. You. An take good pics with phone cameras nowadays. It's getting to the point of, why spend money on a camera now :slap

True. But when I see your pics and or others, after I had taken some with my cell, I laugh at the crappy outcome (mine). :lol

True. But when I see your pics and or others, after I had taken some with my cell, I laugh at the crappy outcome (mine). :lol

I look at Yoshi and Spangles and I hit the floor like, why am I not good enough :lol

I look at Yoshi and Spangles and I hit the floor like, why am I not good enough :lol

I agree wholeheartedly about Yoshi and Spangles, but don't sell yourself short my friend. You're up there, too. And I'll be completely honest, when I see yours, Yoshi's, Spangles or any one else who does great photo work, I am left wondering why am I not good enough in regards to POSING :rotfl.

I can't pose to save my life.

I agree wholeheartedly about Yoshi and Spangles, but don't sell yourself short my friend. You're up there, too. And I'll be completely honest, when I see yours, Yoshi's, Spangles or any one else who does great photo work, I am left wondering why am I not good enough in regards to POSING :rotfl.

I can't pose to save my life.

Dude posing is really an art in itself... just getting the figure look natural is difficult

Anyone know what kind of battery goes in the gun? I picked this figure up sans batteries and I've never replaced them on a HT figure before. Appreciate the help. :)

Three LR41 batteries

6pQea2O.jpg

Got this guy on the way from Timcent. Hoping to love him. Now my Shield agents will be complete and I can stop sitting around telling my friends,"Sigh, I wish I had a Coulson". Too bad I got him after I'd totally lost interest in the tv show but he'll still look good with my display.

Got this guy on the way from Timcent. Hoping to love him. Now my Shield agents will be complete and I can stop sitting around telling my friends,"Sigh, I wish I had a Coulson". Too bad I got him after I'd totally lost interest in the tv show but he'll still look good with my display.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your SHIELD Agents when he arrives!

He came today. Haven't tons of time to mess with him yet. My initial thoughts? I like him and I love the tailoring on him, especially his shoes. Those look amazing. I'm a bit worried about the fragility of his shades but I think I'll manage with them. Also, his suit makes his arm posing a bit restrictive but again, I haven't had time to really mess with him yet. I got him and Robocop today so lots of fun to be had the next few days :)

Pepper likes to get drunk and needs help when she passes out lol. As for Hulk, he was a last minute photo. I wanted something of Coulson with the big gun and I wanted to put someone more interesting(as I use Hulk a lot for those sort of photos) but my wife was cranky and saying,"Are you done? turn off the light. We need to go to bed" and he was the easiest to pull together for a quick shot.

I have an MMS 191 Stark with workshop coming so I took all my agents(and Pepper and Stealth Cap) to another room to try to set up an "civilian" display that will be centered around Stark and his workshop. Pics of that when Stark arrives :)

Anyone know of a clear shield out there I can repaint?

AelDilz.gif

Never saw anyone else try it, so I figured it out myself

2jGe2lD.jpg

Basically took this off ebay (not a hot toys one, just a diecast trinket in the same scale)

CE6Cemnl.jpg

Ground off the star, carved in the eagle

SsPhgGol.jpg

Filled it and sanded it and painted it one thousands times

DN3xK8Ul.jpg

Molded it

bz36vXCl.jpg

Cast them

cDxvpP2l.jpg

Added some detail, the fist has a magnet embedded inside so it doesn't show on the back of the hand, the shield has a magnet glued on the inside. Not perfect but it makes it movable and removable

EmbogSJl.jpg

Its an energy shield, so it has to glow too (europium glow powder and gel gloss medium painted into the lines)

u1radBc.jpg

Took easily about 20 casts to get the process right, turns out thinner is vastly more challenging, also I didn't know what I was doing. Ended up with a vacuum chamber to get the mold material done without bubbles, and a pressure pot for casting the resin. And 7000 grit sandpaper.

6D0DUKz.jpg

52nWHMw.jpg

Shield bros

Back