Hot Toys - MMS 158 -Sucker Punch: 1/6th scale Amber Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone posted this up on Hot Toys facebook..
282594_10150187616797609_606267608_6070663_7359924_n.jpg

Changes are subtle but I think it looks so much better. He changed the size of the eyes, the bridge of the nose, made her face rounder and I think he widened the lips a bit.

I generally find PS comparisons a bit annoying, but in this case... who would've thought that HT would have to make a pair of eyes more Asian..:lol

It's entirely possible the final sculpt will look like this :)

I really just cant take the "opened mouth" they did to this one.

Yeh, not a fan of the open mouth either, but I could live with it if the final sculpt turned out like the PS'ed pic. Definitely would've preferred closed lips.

In the case with Amber, they probably should have given her two headsculpts, one like this with the open mouth for the lollipop, and the other with a serious expression and the pilot helmet on.

On a side note, does anyone know if Toys2 usually gets their Hot Toys stuff before SSC? I'm thinking of starting to use Toys2 as my default.

Hello.. I'am the one who made the edited version and posted it to Hot Toy's facebook wall under the name Ario Anindito.

I'm glad you guys think my edited version is better. Let's hope HT crew see it and decided to revise Amber's head sculpt.
Jamie Chung is a babe, so they have to do her justice.

Anyway, in the edited version, I didn't change the size of the eyes, just the shape. I make the nose larger, also change the shape a bit, and make the nose bridge smaller. Also changed the shape of the eyebrows, and darkened the hair a bit.

It's weird how the Asian sculptor kinda missed the Asian features that's supposed to be in Amber's face.

Very ncie edited version of Amber and way to go, I wonder if the Hot Toys scrulptors view forum's postings to get feedback on their prototype photos...
But one thing for sure, they will definitely improve on their prototype figures and that's why they are Hot Toys!! :yess:

Thank you, HotKing!

Yeah, hopefully they do. There's some cases which they don't, like the Dastan headsculpt, which, IMHO, has a bad likeness.

Thank you, HotKing!

Yeah, hopefully they do. There's some cases which they don't, like the Dastan headsculpt, which, IMHO, has a bad likeness.

You are welcome Batsheva and I believe for the highly antcipated Sucker Punch figures, improvement will be in their books as it is time for HT to produce more and better female figures to stamp their mark, :)

So did you just edit HT picture with photoshop, or did you sculpt your own Amber and take pictures of it?

Remember the whole Jack Sparrow "long telescope" debacle? How the long telescope was the TH VIP EX and people went ape____ and nutty around here until SSC announced publically on their page that all SSC orders would get this accessory as well?

With Comic-Con less than a week away they are understandably more focused on other things so I wouldn't be shocked if sometime during or after Con the same announcement was made. Now if you went elsewhere for the Amber PO....

What they are shipping it to everyone now? I don't think so. The site still says US only?:dunno

Back