Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my mark 5. For everyone who has theirs in hand. I have some discoloration on the two arms. i went through the pics online to see if this was supposed to be normal but it's the first of my marks to have the faded color look already. Is it normal or should I try for a replacement?

Picture219b.jpg

Issues aside, I just wanna add that that pose makes the Mark V look so imposing!

@ amausedjester. Yeah, now that I'm taking a closer looking at them...they do have a slightly faded look to the upper biceps and wrist gauntlet areas, it's like they haven't got the gloss coat over them like the chest and leg areas, etc. It looks like a weathering effect, I don't think it's a defect.

Anyone else?

Okay Thanks for another confirmation butters. It's exactly as you described; the left bicep look as if they forgot to put a gloss coat on it. If I get more confirmation i won't bother CSC as i don't want them to open up boxes and find out it's the same thing. There's no way of finding out except by removing the figure from the hard plastic shell.

got my mark 5. For everyone who has theirs in hand. I have some discoloration on the two arms. i went through the pics online to see if this was supposed to be normal but it's the first of my marks to have the faded color look already. Is it normal or should I try for a replacement?

Picture219b.jpg

Look's like weathering effect that was badly done.. and without proper gloss sealing.

LOL as I recall hot toys put out a formal letter talking about the paint thats applied to this figure and said basically it would have a crappy paint job. I guess this is the final product. Im glad I passed on this bad boy.

Okay Thanks for another confirmation butters. It's exactly as you described; the left bicep look as if they forgot to put a gloss coat on it. If I get more confirmation i won't bother CSC as i don't want them to open up boxes and find out it's the same thing. There's no way of finding out except by removing the figure from the hard plastic shell.

It looks as though it's been done deliberately, I checked the white tray liner a plastic wraps on both and don't see any signs of red paint of gloss coming off on them.

But geez Louise, opening those trays is a bit of a _____...you really have to pry them open... :lol I've never had HT trays as tightly keyed in as these before.

Look's like weathering effect that was badly done.. and without proper gloss sealing.

It's got more of a semi-gloss/matt overcoat on the outer biceps and wrists, with a very light black misting, it's not bad by any stretch of the imagination. Not as harsh as those photos represent it. It's really quite subtle.

LOL as I recall hot toys put out a formal letter talking about the paint thats applied to this figure and said basically it would have a crappy paint job. I guess this is the final product. Im glad I passed on this bad boy.

:lol Where is this "formal letter from HT"...nothing on FB about it. I don't know what you're talking about...It's not crappy at all...it looks fantastic when you see it in person.

It looks as though it's been done deliberately, I checked the white tray liner a plastic wraps on both and don't see any signs of red paint of gloss coming off on them.

But geez Louise, opening those trays is a bit of a _____...you really have to pry them open... :lol I've never had HT trays as tightly keyed in as these before

I totally agree!

Also, you and everyone else can relax about the misting. It's absolutely part of the intended design of the figure. The same effects are found on the Mark VI. Interestingly, though, is the omission of the silver 'chips' at various places like were on the Marks IV and VI. Remember those? They caused the same scare for lots of folks way back when.

In the same way, I imagine that tons of people will continue to post "Why is there black mist on my Mark V?" for weeks and months to come. :dunno

I totally agree!

Also, you and everyone else can relax about the misting. It's absolutely part of the intended design of the figure. The same effects are found on the Mark VI.. :dunno

Absolutely intended?!? did you look at the left bicep area of my picture? Saying that the whole discolored part is absolutely intended is like saying that HT "absolutely intended" for the rubber shorts in the Mark 3 to turn into a different color, because that is what it looks like.

It does not look like burn marks like the ones on the left wrist. I understand what you mean that those washed out black areas are intended to look like burn marks but what I am trying to show in those photos is that it just looks like the whole part is washed out. I have never seen that effect on all of my Iron Man figures, except on my Mark 3 BD where his rubber pants has faded in color. So I don't want to relax until I know for sure that mine is not a defect. Not when I paid freakin' 200.00.

Last edited:
Bandito - I think that is exactly what happened. They designed to have the misting but over did it and forgot to seal the other bicep. I wouldn't mind if it was subtle but it is just as glaring as anyone who has a discolored BD mark 3.

Absolutely intended?!? did you look at the left bicep area of my picture? Saying that the whole discolored part is absolutely intended is like saying that HT "absolutely intended" for the rubber shorts in the Mark 3 to turn into a different color, because that is what it looks like.

It does not look like burn marks like the ones on the left wrist. I understand what you mean that those washed out black areas are intended to look like burn marks but what I am trying to show in those photos is that it just looks like the whole part is washed out. I have never seen that effect on all of my Iron Man figures, except on my Mark 3 BD where his rubber pants has faded in color. So I don't want to relax until I know for sure that mine is not a defect. Not when I paid freakin' 200.00.

Then return it. And sue Hot Toys, while you're at it.

What are you talking about suing hot toys? I am asking a simple question of people who have it in hand to see if it's a common occurrence and if i should ask for a replacement. You said yours had it and you're okay with it.
Fine! leave it at that. Don't tell me to relax or I'm overblowing the situation. I'm not trying to scare people up about what's going on with this figure, i'm just tryiing to get as much info as i can before I bring it up with the store I purchased it from.
You really seem to be quite opinionated and adamant in pushing your point of view about what this discoloration is. Something I am not interested in at all.

I got this 2 days ago and I think its fantastic. However, I don't like the amount of light visibility between the head and neck:mad:

@ amausedjester. Yeah, now that I'm taking a closer looking at them...they do have a slightly faded look to the upper biceps and wrist gauntlet areas, it's like they haven't got the gloss coat over them like the chest and leg areas, etc. It looks like a weathering effect, I don't think it's a defect.

Anyone else?

i agree.

it bothered me the first time. but further investigation reveals that its freakin weathering effect so that the battle damaged parts would be blending well with non bd parts.

What are you talking about suing hot toys? I am asking a simple question of people who have it in hand to see if it's a common occurrence and if i should ask for a replacement. You said yours had it and you're okay with it.
Fine! leave it at that. Don't tell me to relax or I'm overblowing the situation. I'm not trying to scare people up about what's going on with this figure, i'm just tryiing to get as much info as i can before I bring it up with the store I purchased it from.
You really seem to be quite opinionated and adamant in pushing your point of view about what this discoloration is. Something I am not interested in at all.
With the amount of HT fanboys in this forum, what do you expect. I've commented about the same issue with my MKV and all I'm getting is 'If you do not like it, sell it' reply.

i agree.

it bothered me the first time. but further investigation reveals that its freakin weathering effect so that the battle damaged parts would be blending well with non bd parts.[/QUOTE]

That's what I think it's all about, too.

With the amount of HT fanboys in this forum, what do you expect. I've commented about the same issue with my MKV and all I'm getting is 'If you do not like it, sell it' reply.

You state that you dissapointed with the figure and say is waste your money, then other just advice you to sell it off. I do not see any problem with that.:lol if not, what you expect people to say?"please don't sell it, is very nice, you will regret later":dunno:lol

amusedjester: i got mine last two week and the colour is fine, not much problem. Maybe you can check with your shop and ask for replacement. Your Mark V colour look fade & defected.

Actually previously HT announce on their FB page that all e mark V will be unique in e sense that their paint scheme on the armour will all be different n every piece will be different.
I believe they may be referring to the dull color on the sides of the arms...mine also has quite a bit of dullness on the left arm but lesser on the right

Back