Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the end product comes close to this I'll be extremely satisfied.
Hot%20Toys%20-%20Iron%20Man%20Mark%20V%200011.jpg

Yeah those pics are old . I actually really like the over saturated light in the on.cc pics. Because it shows you exactly what you're getting no camera tricks, no lighting techniques. Just the product under a flood light. This is the product. They are way more informative then official pics. I always anticipate theses pics to get the 'real' story whenever HT reveals something new

But they also don't show the figure in anything like how you would ever be looking at it so in a way they're a different kind of lie. No one is going to always be looking at their toys inside a light tent and even if you are your eye will adjust quickly and nothing will ever look that blown out to the eye.

right, the pics are just too bright, i saw the mark v pics from the hk show and it looked wonderful. still cant wait.

Thats true but still I like the option to see it like this. I just like to get as much information as I can before I make a decision. Those pics usually show more details

I think it looks great the way it is. I say put it in production so I can have it in the OCT-NOV timeframe.

I'm still calling it that they are retooling the silver paint:) just you see, it should look way better than the proto :pray:

I'm still calling it that they are retooling the silver paint:) just you see, it should look way better than the proto :pray:
I'm also hoping for a BD helmet.
It's looking more and more like a long shot, but we never know.
We're talking about Hot Toys here afterall. :D

I think HT is doing something major to this figure- hence the LONG delay...new Stark sculpt? Opening suitcase (yeah I know..)
We'll see!

Racing suit with Tony figure would make this a DX.
Not too sure about that for the price they're asking.
But again, you never know what goes on in the office of Hot Toys.

Hopefully it is a chrome repaint. I dont think the racing suit is happening. If they would do that chances are they would just make an entirely new figure.

Agreed 100%, and like someone else said that would make this release a DX set, and would probably have to include another head sculpt as well. So let's put a stake through the heart of that idea pronto :lol

Racing suit ain't happening. Chrome repaint is more plausible imo, maybe a BD helmet as well.

I forget if this was addressed already, but what exactly would a battle-damaged helmet look like? The only damage to his helmet was a few rub marks. No deep scratches at all.

Here is the deal, HT won't include a new Tony sculpt or a full other figure, that is a pipedream. BUT HT loves to include accessories that can be used with their TrueTypes as well as leftovers from other pieces. The Mark IV has a Tony HS that people aren't necessary using. I could see them like they did for their Thriller figure for example throwing in a racing suit but nothing else meaning that collectors could head over and buy a TT and throw their own Tony sculpt on it from another buy.

Even then it's a longshot that we'll get anything that wasn't already included in the initial solicit.

Back