Hot Toys MMS 145 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V 1/6 limited edition collectible specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that the mark IV in hand, how are the movable fingers? Do they seem real fragile?

Actually i was shocked at how rigid and sturdy the fingers are,

The engineering of them is awesome, they are tough enough to withstand a fair bit of pressure when positioning them but move easily too, definitely one of the best additions of the iron man 2 line, not fragile at all.

On mine, (not sure about everyone else's) the articulated hand are a bugger to attach to the figure itself, so i've been really pushing the hands in and the fingers are fine. :yess:

For those that the mark IV in hand, how are the movable fingers? Do they seem real fragile?

The fingers seem very durable. 'Cracking' them out of the factory position is a little scary, but they loosen up easily, and still hold a pose great.

Well, what did you expect? Did you think HT would redesign the Mk.V to look completely different than what we saw in the movie? :slap:cuckoo:

:goodpost:

No, it looks rubbish just like it did in the film, how does that statement indicate i would expect it to be any thing else?
Increase your post count elsewhere.

No, it looks rubbish just like it did in the film, how does that statement indicate i would expect it to be any thing else?

Why would you bother to post that in this thread?

Criticism with valid points, even if they are merely opinion, is welcome. Criticism without valid points, even if they are merely opinion, is called INCREASING POST COUNT.

I beg to differ.

Everyone wanted the Mark 3 from the first line, mark 1 and mark 2 being the least popular. HT made almost 3 times of POing for the mark 3.

From the IM 2 line, almost everyone I know wants a mark 6 and mark 5. mark 4 being least popular. I guess many thinks that it looks too similar to the mark 6 that have most of the screen action time.

Thats why I think in the long run, when most of these collectors figured out they need to have the full line up of the suits, mark 4 would be the hardest to track down as its the least popular right now.

yea, but i think a lot of ppl underestimated the Mark I until they got it in hand. Of course, originally, ppl would prefer the Mark III. With the Mark IV already out, we can imagine the quality being just as good on the VI, but the V is a completely new design, and it could leave the same impression as the Mark I did when ppl starting getting those.

First, it's obvious you don't like the Mk.V suit and yet you still find it necessary to enter a thread clearly indicating "Hot Toys...Mark V 1/6...collectible" in the title.

Second, your post has nothing to do with the Hot Toys figure itself. Which is why I asked, "What did you expect?" Did you perhaps enter this thread hoping to discover that Hot Toys was going to redesign the Mk.V to your liking?

Or could it be perhaps because you have nothing else better to do other than to increase your post count???

:horse

This is gonna be the best ht ironman armor to date,the articulation on this thing looks ridiculously good!

Agreed, cookie. :yess:

Of course I'm just going by pics, and I'm an unabashed fan of Shell-head, but this baby looks like a new plateau in 1:6 armored figure articulation.

The photos coming in of the unboxed & posed Mk. 4's display much improved waist articulation (which the Mk. 5 seems to share) and the 4 doesn't even have the bicep articulation this baby seems to be sporting.

All IM figures seem to skyrocket in price after release, and I'm sure the sequel armors will be no exception, but I think this Mark will rival the Mk. 1 in scarcity and demand. It's an iconic design (far from "rubbish") that both pays hommage to the comic's concepts and is unique to the film.

I would love to see some actual production run quantities for HT's Iron Man line (wouldn't we all)!

Agreed, cookie. :yess:

Of course I'm just going by pics, and I'm an unabashed fan of Shell-head, but this baby looks like a new plateau in 1:6 armored figure articulation.

The photos coming in of the unboxed & posed Mk. 4's display much improved waist articulation (which the Mk. 5 seems to share) and the 4 doesn't even have the bicep articulation this baby seems to be sporting.

All IM figures seem to skyrocket in price after release, and I'm sure the sequel armors will be no exception, but I think this Mark will rival the Mk. 1 in scarcity and demand. It's an iconic design (far from "rubbish") that both pays hommage to the comic's concepts and is unique to the film.

I would love to see some actual production run quantities for HT's Iron Man line (wouldn't we all)!

:goodpost: (and Snake Plissken rules!)

Why would you bother to post that in this thread?

Criticism with valid points, even if they are merely opinion, is welcome. Criticism without valid points, even if they are merely opinion, is called INCREASING POST COUNT.

Coming from you, that means nothing. +1

First, it's obvious you don't like the Mk.V suit and yet you still find it necessary to enter a thread clearly indicating "Hot Toys...Mark V 1/6...collectible" in the title.

Second, your post has nothing to do with the Hot Toys figure itself. Which is why I asked, "What did you expect?" Did you perhaps enter this thread hoping to discover that Hot Toys was going to redesign the Mk.V to your liking?

Or could it be perhaps because you have nothing else better to do other than to increase your post count???

:horse

I said what I thought about the figure, this thread was created for this exact reason wasn't it? you seemed to think you had something to add to my comment and clearly you didn't.
How you come to the conclusion that it had nothing to do with the figure itself is more strange than your multi point reply.

What makes you think I would want them to redesign it? the suit looked rubbish in the film (as I stated originally) and as such if it was accurate it would also look rubbish in the toy, surely this is self evident, I looked into the tread to see what it looked like and the above was evident, had I known that you had some control of who was and wasn't allowed to post or look into threads I would of course not bothered, and would have apologised already.

I have some ordered to sell but I won't be keeping any, stop getting your knickers in a twist if you don't agree with someone else's opinion you cretin. :slap

Thanks for joining up though.

I agree $200 or so is pushing it- but gotta have this. The armor is bare-bones, no opening anything- because it is just a suit for transport without the fancy doo-dads! HT should have made an opening suitcase with interior, my only true letdown on this figure! Oh well...
Gary

The last two new HT figures have been crazy in price. I think HT has pushed us as far as most of us are willing to go. We'll bite on this overpriced Iron man, but Indy is tanking. The $160 price difference from the Sideshow version is just not justified with what they are giving us. The Mark V is slightly more reasonable since he is an all new body, but Indy doesn't complete a line up or anything so there is no feeling of 'gotta have it' with him. It will be interesting if HT figure price dramatically DROP in value after they are released instead of going UP.

Yeah I agree this is not the first Indy figure made- I like it but the huge price will be a real test for HT!
Anyhow the MKV is still a must but I think the price is very high, too. I think sales might be affected- but not by much- we all seem to gulp and still buy...rather than miss it and pay even MORE when it's sold out!

The last two new HT figures have been crazy in price. I think HT has pushed us as far as most of us are willing to go. We'll bite on this overpriced Iron man, but Indy is tanking. The $160 price difference from the Sideshow version is just not justified with what they are giving us. The Mark V is slightly more reasonable since he is an all new body, but Indy doesn't complete a line up or anything so there is no feeling of 'gotta have it' with him. It will be interesting if HT figure price dramatically DROP in value after they are released instead of going UP.

Amen brother, it's getting crazy when 1/6 figs are the same as PFs and the like. Hot Toys figs has the trend of being way overpriced too quick now on the secondary market with all the flippers and new collectors coming in and I think HT (the company itself) is trying to get a piece of that pie; hence the price for Mk. V and Indy.

IMO i think there are only a few HT figs that warrant speding $300+ like Robocop and Elder P2, but I agree that the price will hopefully go down cuz it's hitting the ceiling for most collectors already.

Ya know I don't mind the price on say the Mark V, Ghost Rider, or Indy but the pieces must make me feel like its worth it. With the first two I feel that way for sure but Indy with already having a nice representation of the character I needed to be blown away. That didn't happen and with other things I want more LOTR maquettes, new Cap PF, etc he got the boot.

Will have to wait and see in hand pics to decide if it's worth the price tag. No alternate sculpt and race suit(would have been a great addition but I guess hot toys got sick of RDJ's license issues) was a disappointment but armor looks good nonetheless.

Back