Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics of mine, fresh from today! Dunno what to make of this, but the dome on mine seems foggier than others I've seen. Eh, that's how I would've preferred it anway. These pics are without the silver leafing, of course (I'll do it tomorrow)...
I also customized the base by drilling two screws into it and using nuts to secure them. Then I took a spare HT stand and sawed off the rectangular peg underneath and slid it down the screws. So now, my base is complete with a stand to hold the figure securely; I didn't want to take a chance with this puppy :D.

2r5t3k5.jpg

k1p3x5.jpg

2nkv39y.jpg

s2zo78.jpg

And some with the diorama (darkened/contrasted versions included)...

2yjx6cw.jpg

mm5tf7.jpg

10o0hhc.jpg

2mwbjmf.jpg

2u4huhc.jpg

r1an3b.jpg

xo2vk5.jpg

x4hphu.jpg

I love this guy! He and the Dog Alien are probably the most beautiful of HT's Xenomorph offerings. I'll be doing (as usual) a YT review of him, so more close-ups and technical shots will be done for that. Next pics... chromed!

BTW, congrats Barryo! He's quite a looker, isn't he ;)? Hope you enjoy 'im!

great pics blade..............:rock

i dont know what exactly i was expecting pulling him out of the box but it was strange. first i thought he would be a bit heavier & then when i kinda was checking him out and posing him a bit and testing the limitation of it...........it was like damn.........there's a skeleton under this suit, kinda creepy even...........:lol..............i know, i know.........kind of a noob reaction but this is my first hot toys alien. but he went back in the box until i can figure out exactly how i want to display him.

oh yea.............he's ____ING AWESOME !!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you like him!

I have two other HT Aliens, the Dog and the Grid. After hearing the horror stories about the limitations of this guy (being used to more durability and poseability with the others), I was really careful handling him. Got the legs spread apart as far as I could, took care not to seperate the suit from the tail, and found a cool pose. He's not nearly as troubling as I thought he'd be. Dare I say, he's one of my favorite HT figures, since he's a total blast to take pictures of :D!

I only wish the arms could move outwards more, but that's about the only nitpick I can think of. Lovin' this figure, bro.

Just chromed the teeth. The job had its small imperfections, but then again, so did the original paintup.

dmxsnb.jpg

219rm05.jpg

2s7xro7.jpg

n5n1qt.jpg

And here's the customized base. Once again, I drilled two holes into the original base and screwed the nails in. I then sawed off the rectangular peg underneath a spare HT stand and drilled into it. The stand now slides nicely on top of the nails. Dunno why HT didn't give us a stand in the first place; this figure can be nerve-wrackingly unstable. Anyway, here're some pics...

2mfc1g8.jpg

1y1wqx.jpg

30iuerl.jpg

2n04vt0.jpg

2zoz0ah.jpg

I'd call this the most underrated figure ever, but the Lost Predator's a nifty addition too :). Anyway, I'm quite happy with the way the Big Chap looks. He may be inaccurate, but he makes a hell of a nice figure.

Just got this Alien & I think its very detail. Hopefully the rubber/silicone skin can survive for a very long time.

great job on the stand blade.................that sucker aint' going nowhere......& the teeth look great too.....:yess:

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, it's not the most stable of figures. I'd say do it. Maybe it'll hurt resale value, but I highly doubt anyone who'd buy this in their right mind would want to risk such a fragile piece falling down all the time.

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, it's not the most stable of figures. I'd say do it. Maybe it'll hurt resale value, but I highly doubt anyone who'd buy this in their right mind would want to risk such a fragile piece falling down all the time.

I just love how you come up with a new sig everytime you get a new fig. And they do look awesome. Nice work on the base too. Though mine is in the Detolf so I'm not really worried about it falling. But then again I doubt I would care about resale value since I'm planning the chrome the teeth and glue the mouth together.

I just love how you come up with a new sig everytime you get a new fig.

lol, thinking of making a new one. Dunno of what, but lately I've had photo-taking fever... which has allowed me to realize just what a gem the HT P1 is, regardless of its accuracy issues. Eh, I got nothing else to do tonight, so I'll probably just do a ton of different graphics.

@Baloo: Damn, dude... it's about time we get those nifty pics in HD. Brilliant work, dude. That first pic of yours is what first got me to consider getting ol' Chappy.

WHOA! Is that customized? What did you do and how did you do it? Looks EXACTLY like the scene where Dallas was killed!

@Biojex: Congrats, man! I know you'll love 'im.

Back