Hot Toys - MMS 106 - Alien - BIG CHAP collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dsc02680.jpg

:wave

Well, that was the only spare I had lying around. :dunno

*edit*
Does Barnes' have standard wrist peg? I'll switch the pic. I was unaware - unaware!!! :panic:

Last edited:
Ohh, so it's really a bit smaller than your regular peg. Is there any other HT figure that's similar to Alien Big Chap's peg? :cuckoo:

Btw, thank you for the comparison pic DeadLeaves; appreciate it man! :1-1:

*edit*

Oops, so T-800 BD arm's peg is bigger than a standard peg? Ok, will wait for your new comparison pic DeadLeaves.

Hey all, so I've had this figure for a while - only just opened today.

Anything I should watch for in terms of breaking parts? This is my first rubber figure and first Hot Toys Alien...

I've already noticed the part where the tail meets the body - looks like it might have been glued at one point, but I'm not sure. The "skin" is still glued on the top, but not at the bottom. Not sure if it ever was...

Just watch that you don't stretch the rubber too much, such as the mouth tendons & be careful of leaving the joints in extreme poses for a long period of time. Pulling the tail up-wards away from the legs would probably be a bad idea too. A few people have had the tail come away at the underside.

Other than that I've found it to be fairly durable. Oh, you might want to use a stand too, the ankles are a bit weak on mine.

All my HT 1/6 Alien figures are doing fine after several years on display in a detolf. But I do not change their poses often. Only once in a few months.

Be careful with the ball joints as they don't seem very durable.

Just watch that you don't stretch the rubber too much, such as the mouth tendons & be careful of leaving the joints in extreme poses for a long period of time. Pulling the tail up-wards away from the legs would probably be a bad idea too. A few people have had the tail come away at the underside.

Other than that I've found it to be fairly durable. Oh, you might want to use a stand too, the ankles are a bit weak on mine.

When you say the tail come away at the underside, what do you mean? I worry that I've done this...

Is the rubber supposed to be attached all the way around the base of the tail?

Last edited:
^^ Yeah. That's the pose (tail going upward bet. his legs) he was placed inside the box right? Is it safe to just leave him like that since I still don't have any plans of displaying it cause I haven't bought a cab yet? :cuckoo:

Last edited:
When you say the tail come away at the underside, what do you mean? I worry that I've done this...

Is the rubber supposed to be attached all the way around the base of the tail?

If you look back in the thread (although, now that I think about it - DON'T! :rotfl) some people had that same problem outa the box.

Not really a big problem, unless you like to pose your Alien figs mooning.

^^ Yeah. That's the pose (tail going upward bet. his legs) he was placed inside the box right? Is it safe to just leave him like that since I still don't have any plans of displaying it cause I haven't bought a cab yet? :cuckoo:

I imagine so. It was only when I lifted the tail up (only a little bit!!!) to move it from between the legs to off to one side, that I noticed this.

Whether that was what caused it, or it was like that in the box, who knows?

If you look back in the thread (although, now that I think about it - DON'T! :rotfl) some people had that same problem outa the box.

Not really a big problem, unless you like to pose your Alien figs mooning.

lol, yes, I attempted to go back, but it was quite time-consuming, to say the least!

How was it attached originally? Glue?

You're right, it's not a huge problem by any means, but still, kind of annoying.

Back