Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
34pgb5v.jpg

2s7uiy9.jpg

4jb03.jpg

Wow!!!!
Looks absolutely amazing!!!! :rock!!!

princessleia.jpg

Help me Sideshow Collectibles... you're my only hope!!!

Not gonna happen if the translation of that Hot Toys newsletter was correct. They said that none of these were going to be released outside of Asia:

"The exclusives this time won't be available outside Japan and HK. Compared to fans abroad, Japanese fans are lucky to be able to get these easily, and to get them before anyone else."

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87273

Crap...
:(
I was under the impression that 2000 were for the show's release and 2000 for distributors... but seems it means only in HK...
That sucks...

They also mentioned that Captain EO figure won't happen... lots of licensing issues, with Disney involved... too bad...

Not gonna happen if the translation of that Hot Toys newsletter was correct. They said that none of these were going to be released outside of Asia:

"The exclusives this time won't be available outside Japan and HK. Compared to fans abroad, Japanese fans are lucky to be able to get these easily, and to get them before anyone else."

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87273

:lol are you questionning my abilities??? kenny powers ain't got ____ on me goddamnit! nah, you got me. 60% of that translation is total BS. even all the stuff about not doing an inception line was a lie.

2000 are going to be released at the tokyo expo and 2000 at the toyhunter store in HK in early january with VIP members having first chance and after that if theres any let, people can buy from toyhunter store but can only buy 1 out of the 3 exclusives. with there being 2000 i expect alot of them to appear on ebay from HK sellers, its just a case of how much the sellers are going to charge.

i know hot toys don't release production numbers but i kept reading they only made 2000 original costume batmans and that wasn't hard to get.

Something doesn't look right, when it comes to the face.

To me, it looks too beefy and box-like, like the head of a body-builder, a head you'd expect to see on that sort of body. It's almost like a black G.I. Joe, to me... If they gave the figure some sort of expression though, something more than this lifeless/sleeping one, I think I would've been happy, I probably wouldn't have such an issue with the likeness. I don't understand how people, if they think this is spot-on, don't seem to find any issue with the expression.

Amen to that! :pray:

This time they have come very close

htthrillerbeatitsculpt.jpg

Anyway, surely in hand will be better.

Almost exact to the facial expression of the Thriller proto head! A nice repaint (especially on the lips) would bring the sculpt out.

Sucks its not going to be released here. :gah:

-Joe

It sucks that such an iconic version of MJ has to be a Japanese exclusive. Why couldn't they choose to do something else that wouldn't rob us of something like Beat It?

Like do an MJ Thriller with the varsity jacket and jeans with the switch-out werewolf head. That, I could see as a worthy exclusive.

By not having Beat It be available to the MJ fans as a whole is a travesty!

I can already tell you that I HAVE to have this, the downside is that I know I'm going to have to do as much overtime at work in order to feed my Hot Toys addiction. Damn you, Japan....

I hope this isnt too expensive on Ebay. $200 is my limit for this figure. Especially when it has no acessories other than the extra hands.

Wait until people actually have them in hand and the market gets saturated with them. The price will go down for a while. The question is just how much.

i ordered from the guy on ebay

wont pay till they ready to ship though

better than nothing

Back