Hot Toys Millenium Falcon Cockpit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D'oh. Yeah, true, I suppose... I'm really torn with it because I don't want to go 100% SW but still feel I should be cutting back as much as possible due primarily to space considerations. Last flex isn't until the 25th, so I'll think on it some more.

Yeah, I wait until the very last minute I possibly can when it comes to these things.

I also think a variety of different figures from different movie universes is better than going all in with one particular theme. Star Wars and Avengers lines are already getting quite compact. A Iron Whiplash would break up that monotony. Iron Whiplash might be from a lame movie and not as cool as this cockpit, but he looks like a cooler, better made action figure than Han and Chewie in my opinion.

Star Wars is really seductive for me, but I'm resisting all this stuff save for Farmboy Luke. Trooper Luke (and Han if they give him a new headsculpt) will really tempt me. The thing with Star Wars is, there's always collectibles to be had from it. There are limitless options and merchandise out there to choose from. It's been this way for decades with no stop in sight. Other than Stark's obnoxious suits, I doubt Ivan Vanko's great looking armor will have the same luxury. I thought they weren't going to make it, but it was nice to finally see it come to fruition.

Also, I wonder what the chances are of seeing different sections of the Falcon in the future. Could this be an option some day?

image.jpg

That's my favorite "room" in the Millenium Falcon.

Yeah, that would be an awesome and natural way to display everyone. What a great scene. So many memorable interactions between the characters it brings to mind.

When I was a kid that was my favorite section of the Kenner vehicle. I don't know what it was about it, probably all the features.

This thing looks incredible. As I said I always wanted Hasbro to do this for the 3.75 figures but I guess it would have been a hard sell for the kids or something. That in mind I did briefly think maybe I should get this to finally fulfill that dream in a way...then I remembered I'd also have to buy the figures. :lol **** that. A single purchase of Hot Toys Star Wars would be a fatal mistake.

We'll finally have a place to put that useless Sideshow Dejarik table. :lol

I expect the room would already come with it so you'd just end up with a spare.

I'm content with the BMF that Hasbro did. Not at all 100% screen accurate obviously, but I loved being able to finally fit 4 characters in their comfortably with lights and sounds in the background. Good toy.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm content with the BMF that Hasbro did. Not at all 100% screen accurate obviously, but I loved being able to finally fit 4 characters in their comfortably with lights and sounds in the background. Good toy.

It is indeed. I took that down out of the attic during my last Star Wars phase. It's currently propped up against the wall to my left :lol

I was always slightly let down at the closed off access to the cockpit and the lack of that nice wall detail from the corridors. I also could have done without the escape pod feature in favour of some more interior detail, such as the room where Han and Leia have a snog in ESB.

Overall though, a triumph of a toy.

Agreed. If they had an access door to the cockpit and opened up/made an area in place of the escape pod it would be perfect. Still good though. It's one of the few Star Wars toys I think I'll always hang on to.

This is just unbelievable to me:

Hot-Toys-Display-2015-San-Diego-Comic-Con-SDCC-076.jpg

The "open" cockpit makes all the difference, IMO. Now I feel like I'm looking at an iconic representation of SW instead of straining to see $200 figures through the cockpit windows. Even with short bus Chewie there the whole thing looks so awesome. Even having it be *just* the cockpit is cool because I'm so familiar with the full size cockpit set that was built from all the behind the scenes special features. So in a way even that gives it an air of authenticity.

Millennium_Falcon_cockpit.jpg

(I know that's them filming the Holiday Special in a crappy mockup but you get the idea, it was the best pic I could find that matched the angle of the HT photo) I almost feel like I should set up some 1/6 cameras and boom mics around it. :lol

I doubt too many people display it with the canopy windows over it when they own it.

From FB in a post by Gordon Ng tonight:

news of coming ANI-COM 2015 Hong Kong disclosed that:
2) a large diorama for Star Wars including 1/6 Millenium falcom 18 ft long x 12 ft wide x 4 ft height weight 1 tone, followed by 2 1/6 Tie Fighters with over 50 stormtroopers re-creating the scene of MF landed and captured in Death Star

From FB in a post by Gordon Ng tonight:

In before SNIKT thinks this means we are getting a 1/6 Falcon and in before he starts spamming threads of "eat crow"

This should be a pretty sweet display though, should be very impressive. Although I bet the Falcon will just be hollow, would surprise me if they add any detail to the inside. Would be cool to see the cockpit they plan to sell be the actual cockpit and they build around it and have Han and Chewy inside it. To me this confirms that TIE Fighter is not for sale and is just meant to tour Cons as a display.

Back