Hot Toys Mark VI Die Cast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very tempting... I wonder if the VII die cast is still coming out.... I should probably wait for the VII or use the $$ to get the 1/4 XLII but I wonder if the "popularity" of this is making me want one.... probably no need to rush into it, right? Is there an exclusive or is the gantry the EX?

I don't think people need to worry about the Mark VII eventually releasing in diecast. There's a reason HT keeps milking that armor. It will be in diecast, then 1/4 scale. Just matter of time.

No inside info, it's just common sense at this point. And HT usually doesn't miss an opportunity to cash in.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Yeah HT loves the VII, I'd say a diecast and 1/4 is a dead cert...how long before we'll get them is another story.

Do you guys think this and the 7 will go up for pre-order today, since the suicide squad and back to the future figures did?

Looks good, but no more 1/6 in diecast for me. I'd rather get the 1/4 for the money for the keystone armors.

Yes, I've said the same with Iron Man. He's so much more expensive for me in sixth scale than any other figure, as the others also don't cost me customs tax either, that if I'm going to spend on the likes of the Mark 45, I'm better off buying another 1/4 centrepiece..

I will buy this to go with my Mark III though. Unless they very shortly announce the VII, and then I'll be torn... I'd probably go with the VI. That reactor just differentiates it, and it has more screen time than any other armour.. At the very least, it covers the greatest on-screen time-line...

I've never understood the deep love for the mark VII armour, it always seemed a little plain to me (but obviously horses for course etc). The Mark III is the iconic original to me and thats why he'll never leave my collection. However this one looks pretty sweet but I'm tempted to get the subzero just to get a bit more variety in my cabinet.

I'm in for this and the Mk VII Sub Zero. I won't be so quick to sell my Mk VI 1.0 though. I'm sure some of the pieces will be interchangeable. At the very least the head and face masks should be a direct swap. I know it's not guaranteed, but the possibility is strong. Plus you can still use the first base to go with War Machine Mk I DC. I think as far as this figure goes, the best word I can think of to describe it as far as looks, accessories, etc. is, "Magnificent."
It's a beautiful rendering that hits all the marks. (no pun intended)
Ryan

I've never understood the deep love for the mark VII armour, it always seemed a little plain to me (but obviously horses for course etc). The Mark III is the iconic original to me and thats why he'll never leave my collection. However this one looks pretty sweet but I'm tempted to get the subzero just to get a bit more variety in my cabinet.

It was a first in many ways. It was the first armor that didn't require the palms for thrust. It had back mounted thrusters. It was the first armor that didn't require mechanized assistance to put on or take off. It was also the first heavily armed armor, more so than the VI. As far as the figure goes, it was the first figure with properly articulated 90 degree palms/wrists for proper repulsor posing. It was also the best figure for it's price point with tons of accessories. Display options were many because of all the different accessories/parts. I think because of this, there is a certain form of nostalgia for it.
Ryan

Btw, could some1 change the name of this thread and put those official photos on the first page please? My OCD is asking.

Back