Hot Toys - Kenobi Show - Grand Inquisitor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jedha. Your video's, as always incredibly well informed and top notch! The figure does look great and I would actually love the entire collection of Inquisitors on their own dedicated shelf but i doubt Hot Toys will make them all. It came down to owning all of the Bad Batch, or these, if they even made them all. I choose the BB and i'm elated the entire team is being created. Already have 3 of them, 2 to go.

Back on topic for the Grand Inquisitor though, as i'm really happy you focused a great deal of your video on the light up feature. It's barely, and i mean BARELY an upgrade over the previous light up sabers. It was quite honestly a waste of time for Hot Toys to develop these. For all the trouble, the sabers should have been much more evenly illuminated and brighter. This was just lazy.

The head sculpt is very detailed though and looks amazing overall. It will have great shelf presence!
Hence why I don' care about the light up features on sabers . As long as the hilt and blade is sculpted well that's all I care about.

Hence why I don' care about the light up features on sabers . As long as the hilt and blade is sculpted well that's all I care about.
I can't disagree with you at all. I never display my figures with the light up arm. I always go with the non light up arm as it does not have limited range of motion.

Yeah they really shouldn't have even bothered. You get the same weak lights as before, only this time with a bunch of thick cables and a bulky USB connector in the back. 😄

At least when I wire up all my figures I use really thin wire that is super easy to hide in the clothing.

Last edited:
Agreed. I just check them to see if they work in case I need to get a replacement to have a working arm for potential selling purposes and then never think about it again. I wish the clear blades were more vibrant for those of us who don't use the light up feature.

Last edited:
Mine just arrived took some quick shots. The last two are of the belt with and without a blacklight.
IMG_20231106_092053926.jpg
IMG_20231106_174823903.jpg
IMG_20231106_092134565.jpg
IMG_20231106_092119713.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is supposed to be delivered today. Time to finally break out my purge trooper as well.

Mine is supposed to be delivered today. Time to finally break out my purge trooper as well.
Holy smokes! I completely forgot I had two of those just sitting in their boxes waiting for this 🤣 thank goodness I saw your post....who knows how long it would've taken me to remember them lol.

The HS looks really off, not sure if its the paint or the sculpt itself. The final HS totally different to the proto.

The HS looks really off, not sure if its the paint or the sculpt itself. The final HS totally different to the proto.
It’s the paint. The sculpt itself is fine. But, it’s also not translating well in the pictures that have been posted here that don’t have great lighting. It’s not as bad in person as it looks in these photos.

Back