Hot Toys - Kenobi Show - Grand Inquisitor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"So, what 1/6 releases have we seen this week?"

"Oh, you know, only the 2 best 1/6 figures to have ever been made"

View attachment 595234
Literally the first thing I thought of when I saw today's announcement. Why is it that whenever InArt puts an outstanding figure up for PO, HT has an extremelly weak offering that week? IA shows rooted Battinson, and HT shows a D-Lister who's already been forgotten. Give us a Mr. Knight, Xavier of the Stranges from MoM, the teased Mace Windu, something! Sure, I get it, they're trying to hit close to the show so that these characters will sell more, whereas characters like Xavier are evergreen. But it's already been forgotten. Let it go. If they made less supporting nobodies from shows and movies then maybe they'd be able to put more work into the important figures and raise the bar.

Ah well. Not every figure can be Gilgamesh from The Eternals or the Morbster.

All jokes aside, that is a good headsculpt, but the figure itself is rather boring. I guess it'd make a fine addition to someone's Imperial ranks, but that's it.

Looks pretty cool but not sure where I’d put him on a shelf. Kenobi and damaged Vader will be in the derolf together. I do really like the look of the figure though… feels like a “wait for coupon and free shipping” purchase in two years, not a pre order

Looks pretty cool but not sure where I’d put him on a shelf. Kenobi and damaged Vader will be in the derolf together. I do really like the look of the figure though… feels like a “wait for coupon and free shipping” purchase in two years, not a pre order

This is pretty much where I am. He looks decent, but I'm putting battle damaged Vader on the shelf with Kenobi so I don't need him flanked by Inquisitors. With limited shelf space and funds that automatically means I don't need Inquisitors to flank Vader even if that would look really cool.

With InArt dragging me back into DC 1/6 that means less space (and funds) for SW so I'm going to have to be pickier on what I pick up going forward.

Hell-oo.

Looking forward to this one.

Tbh I just wanna see that Reva get produced just to see the meltdowns on this board. That alone would be worth it.
I think most of us who would care, don’t care anymore. This is the new business model. Promote Disney plus shows and sprinkle in a few repaints and rereleases along the way of legacy characters. It’s just the way it is. I’m not sure hot toys has a choice either, this could be coming directly from the mouse.
Anyway, great looking figure, but not for me. Glad for anyone who wants this.

giphy.gif

I think most of us who would care, don’t care anymore. This is the new business model. Promote Disney plus shows and sprinkle in a few repaints and rereleases along the way of legacy characters. It’s just the way it is. I’m not sure hot toys has a choice either, this could be coming directly from the mouse.
Anyway, great looking figure, but not for me. Glad for anyone who wants this.

It is coming directly from the Mouse. Has to be. They want to capitalize on the NOW, and that stuff from 1982 that you wanted can wait. It might can wait forever.

GI looks very nice, although this isnt a figure I feel any pressing need to own. Otherwise, all i'll say is that Reva will be eligible for sale coupons over at SSC for a very, very long time.

This is pretty much where I am. He looks decent, but I'm putting battle damaged Vader on the shelf with Kenobi so I don't need him flanked by Inquisitors. With limited shelf space and funds that automatically means I don't need Inquisitors to flank Vader even if that would look really cool.

With InArt dragging me back into DC 1/6 that means less space (and funds) for SW so I'm going to have to be pickier on what I pick up going forward.
I'm putting him, Reva and Purge Trooper together in my display

As soon as I saw Reva in the background I said, “Welp, here we go…😬😄”. Hot Toys is ready to go “All In” (😏) on rustling the jimmies of the Star Wars fandoms. 😀

…not gonna lie, these are good likenesses to the GI and to Reva. They look like who they’re supposed to look like (so far). Judging by the “light up feature” on the chestplate maybe it’ll be USB connected.

It is coming directly from the Mouse. Has to be. They want to capitalize on the NOW, and that stuff from 1982 that you wanted can wait. It might can wait forever.

GI looks very nice, although this isnt a figure I feel any pressing need to own. Otherwise, all i'll say is that Reva will be eligible for sale coupons over at SSC for a very, very long time.
Or the other answer. A lot of the big stuff from the OT has been made already. Exception to Bespin Han and an OT C-3PO. There are others too like alternate ROTJ looks for Leia and General Lando, but mostly everything else is covered. Not counting side characters some of us may want.

Last edited:
No motorized saber that spins? PASS!!!

For real though I think he looks incredible and will add him to my imperials display. Reva looks really good, can’t deny that but definitely will be one of the top shelf warmers of the year

Well only on Earth is a year equal to 365 days, so who knows how long 9 years is in that galaxy far, far away lol...
OK, there's probably somebody here who DOES know the answer to that question. I hate him or her already. :lol
I've just started reading the Darth Plagueis novel and saw this today😄
20220819_144244.jpg

I can think of at least 40 more prominent and memorable OT characters they haven’t made than the Purge Trooper.
You have to be counting side characters which are a crapshoot to begin with as far as whether they’ll be made.

Counting stuff like Greedo, the ESB bounty hunters (aside from Fett), some of the lesser Imperial officers, etc. doesn’t count in my opinion.

Back