Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh God......is this STILL going on? It's not a competition!

It's the same head, possibly miniscule molding changes and paint changes, but nothing significant. Anyone with eyeballs can see its the same underlying head sculpt.....its not like hot toys paid someone to make a whole new but almost identical headsculpt and then said "but this time, make her nose a fraction pointier". I would be extremely impressed if someone could actually do that to this level of almost perfect repetition.

Why is this even a thing...who actually cares? Like it, buy it.....don't like it, don't buy it. This has to be the most negative, nitpicking, rambling thread I've read on here in the last year or two.

Deep breaths.

I guess I'll try to read this again next week and pray we've moved on from minor tolerance changes on headsculpt manufacturing.

Sorry guys.....but you are completely killing this for the people who have bought/or are going to buy this figure because they like the look of it. We get it.....

Apologies.....back to my happy corner.....please continue......

I think QGF’s post last week explained it well:

Good Lord!

You DO understand that just because it’s the “same” sculpt doesn’t mean both are from the same mold, right?

Hot Toys probably created new molds for the new run using the same base sculpt. It’s virtually impossible to clone molds with 100% accuracy/efficiency. There are always subtle differences just like we’ve seen in later runs of the same figure for years.

It makes perfect sense to me that after the TA run was complete (for now at least) with its xx,xxx number of units that a new fresh mold was ordered removing the sculpted hair line in favor of a smooth base for the rooted hair, etc. and PRESTO, slightly pointier nose, subtle differences elsewhere....same sculpt (and new paint job too!).

It is the angle my dude. By all accounts, you as well as a lot of people on this thread seem to agree that it’s possible the nose is slightly bigger on the JL head.

Not just this thread, it's all over Facebook groups like OSR to, one person said her big nose could be used as a backup weapon.

And yet, in the comparison pic you posted, the modded JL head has a bigger nose. Because they’re slightly different angles.

Whatever man, you believe what you want.

That's my point exactly......it's BLATANTLY and unequivocally the same head. Minor alterations resulting from the production process, and I imagine, in hand, imperceptible to the human eye.

It's as plain as the pointy nose on wonder woman's face!

Now, can we stop flogging this very dead horse?

Ha ha.......apparently not.

Right.....will leave you to it again. I wonder how many people have dropped into this thread over the last couple of weeks to catch the in hand reviews and pictures only to have run a hundred miles when reading this seemingly endless nonsense.

Not just this thread, it's all over Facebook groups like OSR to, one person said her big nose could be used as a backup weapon.

Whatever man, you believe what you want.

I never disagreed with the possibility of the nose.

And yes, I will. I’ll also refrain from posting mods to drive my points.

Ha ha.......apparently not.

Right.....will leave you to it again. I wonder how many people have dropped into this thread over the last couple of weeks to catch the in hand reviews and pictures only to have run a hundred miles when reading this seemingly endless nonsense.

Yes! I’m one of em.

I think QGF’s post last week explained it well:

Agreed.
And I also agree with Darkavatar on this. The reason people keep going back and forth on this is
because some people still think that just because its based off TA, its EXACTLY the same except it has hair.
Just like a lot of these bootleg headsculpts on ebay that are almost as good as HT, this is similar to my opinion
what happed to the JL. Its based off the TA, but once they recasted the TA, there's things that didnt copy completely
once it went into production. Also explains a lot why the JL head is smaller, cause its basically a recast of TA.
But that's why it also appears narrower, with a longer nose.

I'm sure a lot of people are gonna get theirs and they would be completely happy with it.
The BvS also went into the same frenzy when it was released. I remember people going crazy specially
cause the likeness wasnt great in comparison to some of the other HT figures that went out at the time that were home runs.
But once you have it in hand, sure the likeness isnt great, but the sculpt actually is quite beautiful that you can overlook the poor likeness.
I actually really love the BvS.

And in case people receive theirs and they're not happy,
this is actually a great alternative also.
I think this looks amazing!
So... if you have a spare TA scuplt laying around or can acquire one, you can have another version of WW using either the BVS or JL. Also if you don't like the JL head. Just need the deluxe JL for the cloak. It's scene accurate as well. My WW JL is still on pre-order.
View attachment 425739
View attachment 425740
View attachment 425741View attachment 425742

I really like that look as well.

However, I’m reluctant to do it just because I’m not sure I want essentially duplicate figures (being that they’d have the same sculpt) with simply differing outfits. I only want to keep it at three WW figures for me, and I’m not sure if I’d be completely content with that look as being my third. I want my ideal WW line-up to be: BvS, TA, and then where she’s in her full battle attire (meaning tiara on and holding her sword and shield), but wearing the cloak.

As of now I’m keeping this, but I’m toying with the idea of cancelling this and waiting for WW84. I think the JL one is good, but eh, based on the pictures, I don’t like it in the same way I really like the BvS and TA ones. Plus, with the WW84 figure, I’d still be able to keep it at three figures while covering a wider range of films/iterations of her.

But like I mentioned, I really want that cloak. And I’m sure it’s going to go for high prices on the secondary market, because it’ll probably be the thing that most people will covet from this release. I also would like for that third figure to wield the GK sword and shield, being that I like those versions the most on her. Obviously in WW84, I doubt she’ll have those. I thought I’ve seen people say she wears the cloak though, so that look would be accurate to the film. That also might mean the WW84 figure may come with a cloak as well.

But as I’ve mentioned before, simply picking up the sculpt from the WW84 figure (if it’s better) and slapping it on this figure wearing the cloak and wielding the GK sword and shield, is a viable option also.

Hmm. Not sure what I want to do here.

I really like that look as well.

However, I’m reluctant to do it just because I’m not sure I want essentially duplicate figures (being that they’d have the same sculpt) with simply differing outfits. I only want to keep it at three WW figures for me, and I’m not sure if I’d be completely content with that look as being my third. I want my ideal WW line-up to be: BvS, TA, and then where she’s in her full battle attire (meaning tiara on and holding her sword and shield), but wearing the cloak.

As of now I’m keeping this, but I’m toying with the idea of cancelling this and waiting for WW84. I think the JL one is good, but eh, based on the pictures, I don’t like it in the same way I really like the BvS and TA ones. Plus, with the WW84 figure, I’d still be able to keep it at three figures while covering a wider range of films/iterations of her.

But like I mentioned, I really want that cloak. And I’m sure it’s going to go for high prices on the secondary market, because it’ll probably be the thing that most people will covet from this release. I also would like for that third figure to wield the GK sword and shield, being that I like those versions the most on her. Obviously in WW84, I doubt she’ll have those. I thought I’ve seen people say she wears the cloak though, so that look would be accurate to the film. That also might mean the WW84 figure may come with a cloak as well.

But as I’ve mentioned before, simply picking up the sculpt from the WW84 figure (if it’s better) and slapping it on this figure wearing the cloak and wielding the GK sword and shield, is a viable option also.

Hmm. Not sure what I want to do here.

I would personally hang on to your pre-order.
I know you've mentioned that you really like the cloak, and also, you never know until you see it in hand whether
you might actually like it or not.

The BvS went to the same thing. People were going crazy knocking off the sculpt, cause the likeness isnt great, specially in comparison
to the some of the figures that were released at the same time that were magnificent.
But once you have it in hand...a lot of people were pleasantly surprised once they have it in hand.
Sure, the likeness isnt the greatest, but you can see Gal in it, and also, its a beautiful figure.
You already have the TA, so the difference might actually something that you can overlook, or like.

Also, from seeing pictures of WW1984, it appears she's really gonna have a very bright costume.
I personally like the JL colors better than the too vibrant 1984 costume.

So you can just get the 1984 headsculpt if its a lot better.
Sometimes, its really hard to make a judgment until you see it in hand.
Worse case scenario, just re-sell it.
With HT, most of the time, when I resell figures, I break even, or even make more money.
If you cancel right now, you are already at a loss with the NRD. Plus miss out on the cloak which you've mentioned you
really want to have a cloaked WW version.

That's my point exactly......it's BLATANTLY and unequivocally the same head. Minor alterations resulting from the production process, and I imagine, in hand, imperceptible to the human eye.

It's as plain as the pointy nose on wonder woman's face!

Now, can we stop flogging this very dead horse?

Lol, so sorry if some of us are enjoying discussing and critiquing the likeness of a figure in this... discussion thread.

And clearly these "minor alterations" are not so imperceptible if you have this many people here and elsewhere complaining that something looks really off about the sculpt compared to the TA. Especially when most of us were rooting for this to be great and to be an improvement over the BVS sculpt.

Yeah, but seriously....40 pages of discussing a figures nose?

And has the debate advanced? There is one faction of people who say "looks like TA", another that says "it's different". They will never agree. Even if a hot toys representative posted here now saying "it's the same sculpt", it would be followed 5 minutes later by someone saying "nah, it's clearly different".

Hasn't everything that can possibly be said on this been said?

I would personally hang on to your pre-order.
I know you've mentioned that you really like the cloak, and also, you never know until you see it in hand whether
you might actually like it or not.

The BvS went to the same thing. People were going crazy knocking off the sculpt, cause the likeness isnt great, specially in comparison
to the some of the figures that were released at the same time that were magnificent.
But once you have it in hand...a lot of people were pleasantly surprised once they have it in hand.
Sure, the likeness isnt the greatest, but you can see Gal in it, and also, its a beautiful figure.
You already have the TA, so the difference might actually something that you can overlook, or like.

Also, from seeing pictures of WW1984, it appears she's really gonna have a very bright costume.
I personally like the JL colors better than the too vibrant 1984 costume.

So you can just get the 1984 headsculpt if its a lot better.
Sometimes, its really hard to make a judgment until you see it in hand.
Worse case scenario, just re-sell it.
With HT, most of the time, when I resell figures, I break even, or even make more money.
If you cancel right now, you are already at a loss with the NRD. Plus miss out on the cloak which you've mentioned you
really want to have a cloaked WW version.

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking and leaning towards as well. I think just putting the WW84 sculpt on this one, provided it’s better, is the best route. And like you said, if the entire WW84 figure is just better across the board, worst case scenario is you can just sell this one off.

But like you also said and is something I didn’t mention, I agree that I’m not sure I like the overly bright costume that the WW84 one appears to be.

And has the debate advanced? There is one faction of people who say "looks like TA", another that says "it's different". They will never agree. Even if a hot toys representative posted here now saying "it's the same sculpt", it would be followed 5 minutes later by someone saying "nah, it's clearly different".

giphy.gif

Man I couldnt agree more, honestly theres only 2 people here that are really persistant on bringing up the nose and other small changes I dont mind critiquing or pointing out flaws but writing the same stuff every page gets annoying, everytime I come to this thread thinking there's something new about the figure I come back to the same thing lol we need to just change the title to the "hot toys: justice league Wonder Womans nose" I thought the ESB Vader thread was bad lol at least they offer more than just flaws with the helmet lol

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking and leaning towards as well. I think just putting the WW84 sculpt on this one, provided it’s better, is the best route. And like you said, if the entire WW84 figure is just better across the board, worst case scenario is you can just sell this one off.

But like you also said and is something I didn’t mention, I agree that I’m not sure I like the overly bright costume that the WW84 one appears to be.

Nothing worse than passing on a figure, and later regret, and see the blown up prices on ebay.

Also, if you Pre-ordered through Sideshow, unless they made changes, usually you have 30 days satisfaction guarantee. If you dont like the figure, you can return it within 30 days.
I've done that before. Got the figure and changed my mind and it was an easy and smooth return with Sideshow.
Always had great customer service with Sideshow.

Yeesh guys it's a figure head, not politics. All comments are totally valid but be sincere to people about a discussion we're having. No reason to be so nasty and accusative.

Yeesh guys it's a figure head, not politics. All comments are totally valid but be sincere to people about a discussion we're having. No reason to be so nasty and accusative.

Just needed to clarify who's being nasty and accusative? Im certainly not aiming any negativity at anyone in particular.....its just been a very long winded and circular debate. There has been 40 pages of going over the same thing at great length. There has been an often condescending and superior attitude (from some) of people thinking that they "see" things more clearly than others. Some of the comments have been borderline rude and dismissive.

Everyones opinion is valid, everyone has an opinion, but ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some like it, some don't , it's all cool. But we surely understand at this point that it is the same head but that there may be some small differences due to the reproduction of the head sculpt?

Nobody is going to be "proved" right........despite the answer being fairly obvious. Anyway, whatever, I'll leave you to the endless nose debate...... long may it thrill with its twists and turns.

Now that the figure has been completely crushed for its inferior sculpt ( the same one as the much loved ta wonder woman) and it's inferior body (the same one as the much loved ta wonder woman), I will look forward to the group actually receiving the figure and hopefully posting something a little more positive and encouraging for those of us who actually think it looks good!

I'm sorry guys, I'm not trying to have a go at anyone at all, honestly, it's just making for pretty miserable reading on a figure many of us are/were looking forward to.

All you guys arguing about her nose... but none of you are arguing is it the same hair as the BvS? It looks the same to me, just... darker? Hopefully they used the same mould. :pray:

Nothing worse than passing on a figure, and later regret, and see the blown up prices on ebay.

Also, if you Pre-ordered through Sideshow, unless they made changes, usually you have 30 days satisfaction guarantee. If you dont like the figure, you can return it within 30 days.
I've done that before. Got the figure and changed my mind and it was an easy and smooth return with Sideshow.
Always had great customer service with Sideshow.

Yeah, I PO'd through SSC. That's true regarding the 30 day return window. Good point.

No reason to be so nasty and accusative even in politics. Politics is a discussion of ideas, so like with a figure head, there's no reason to personally attack people over it. However, like with politics, sometimes when it comes to the discussion of toys, such as a figure head, people do get passionate and heated about it and end up approaching it from the perspective that you're a bad person with ideas and not a person with merely bad ideas.

Back