Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that repaint is freakin amazing. Even using a generic sculpt it still completely blows away anything HT has done. And why is it these cheap Barbies and other dolls all have better hair than what we get from HT?

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 10.44.42 AM.jpg

Damn. Ok, it looks like that was a tonner, which is what he oftens uses to repaint. Its not 1/6 scale.

I did see his Barbie repaint.
Lol, its incredible that his barbie blows away Hot Toys.

64Zra52.jpg

Some of you guys are exaggerating with these repaints. They barely resemble Gal, even less so than either Hot Toys sculpts.

Damn. Ok, it looks like that was a tonner, which is what he oftens uses to repaint. Its not 1/6 scale.

64Zra52.jpg

How does this blow away Hot Toys exactly? It looks nothing like Gal

Figure is a pass for me. But I will keep my eye open when the next Wonder Woman hits, and see if she is worth the $$$. This likeness would be impressive for a marvel legends, but not for HT.

How does this blow away Hot Toys exactly? It looks nothing like Gal

Well, Hot Toys isnt doing a bang up job also on the likeness. Dont get me wrong, I love my BvS, but the likeness isnt the greatest.
Also, I'm only referring to JL and BvS.
TA is a homerun by Hot Toys.

I will say, I am not a fan of the overly maked up look of the repaints. But I do think the likeness is better.
Probably, the best one I see so far in bringing up the likeness is Unreal Toy's mod.

3cO07Xk.png

That would explain why the likeness looks so different, because the mouth on the training sculpt is quite wide, so if it is indeed narrower on this sculpt, that would obviously reduce the likeness. However, I still think the jaw shape is different, it just looks so square, from all the pics and videos I have seen.

The big nose is the only fact people have acknowledged, the head shape difference has yet to be proven.

That being said, it sure looks narrower here when you compare to the two.

JL on left TA on the right.

View attachment 425835

This is really a great side by side pic to finally nail the coffin in the "Something went wrong with the final production" mystery of the sculpt.
Yes, it is indeed the same sculpt, but warping, shrinking, paintjob, etc...it did not give the same results as the TA sculpt.
The TA sculpt on the right is far far superior.

It might be a super glammed up version of Gal, but I still see a whole lot more likeness in that Tonner repaint than in either the BVS or JL sculpts.

The reason it looks superior in likeness to Gal than any of Hot Toys ones is because of how well Noel painted the inner facial features like the lips and eyes but the head shape is quite off to Gals.

This is really a great side by side pic to finally nail the coffin in the "Something went wrong with the final production" mystery of the sculpt.

Thanks man l think so but l am sure not everyone will be convinced, I mean that Justin guy had both in hand and still thought both sculpts looked identical. So l don't think everyone will to know how different the sculpt looks until more collectors get theirs in hand as time goes by.

Yes, it is indeed the same sculpt, but warping, shrinking, paintjob, etc...it did not give the same results as the TA sculpt.
The TA sculpt on the right is far far superior.

Agreed.

Last edited:
That would explain why the likeness looks so different, because the mouth on the training sculpt is quite wide, so if it is indeed narrower on this sculpt, that would obviously reduce the likeness. However, I still think the jaw shape is different, it just looks so square, from all the pics and videos I have seen.
M

The big nose is the only fact people have acknowledged, the head shape difference has yet to be proven.

That being said, it sure looks narrower here when you compare to the two.

JL on left TA on the right.

View attachment 425835

That’s hardly a fair comparison.

The TA sculpt on the right is a completed mod by Owen. And they’re two separate pictures side by side with the slightest of different angles.

Owen also did touch up paint work on it.
5B6701D0-48E1-41ED-9FE0-DC1BE67582A1.jpeg

Hot Toys hire this guy !!!

View attachment 425822

It's not even a Hot Toys sculpt !

View attachment 425823

It’s funny, the likeness to me looks really good in that top photo where it’s being painted, I can definitely see Gal in that.

The lower left photo, I don’t see Gal all that much; even though it’s the finished sculpt. The finished sculpt to me almost looks more like Tania Raymonde.

64Zra52.jpg

I don’t see Gal at all in this. Nice effort, but it looks more like a figure of someone who underwent plastic surgery. Both BvS and JL sculpts I think are far superior.

Well, Hot Toys isnt doing a bang up job also on the likeness. Dont get me wrong, I love my BvS, but the likeness isnt the greatest.
Also, I'm only referring to JL and BvS.
TA is a homerun by Hot Toys.

I will say, I am not a fan of the overly maked up look of the repaints. But I do think the likeness is better.
Probably, the best one I see so far in bringing up the likeness is Unreal Toy's mod.

3cO07Xk.png

This one I think is the winner.

That’s hardly a fair comparison. The TA sculpt on the right is a completed mod by Owen.

It's only been repainted and haired by Owen, and his repaint isn't that much different to the stock paint.

And they’re two separate pictures side by side with the slightest of different angles.

I honestly doubt the slightest difference in angles would make such a dramatic difference.

It's only been repainted and haired by Owen, and his repaint isn't that much different to the stock paint.

I honestly doubt the slightest difference in angles would make such a dramatic difference.

Big difference to me. And the original is closest to the be JL Head.
3A4963FB-AAD4-42E2-9145-375BE62B1C84.jpeg

Big difference? You got to be kidding, only changes I see the lips are fully painted and more black around her eyes and eyes look darker, both look like the same sculpt.

In what way?

In paint.

Anyway, by virtue of the fact that you posted pics of a mod, it’s not a fair comparison.

Yes I understand, it’s great that you’ve finally come to the realization that they’re the same sculpt albeit with the slightest differences of paint jobs and possible molding differences. But what more are you trying to prove by posting a pic of a modded head next to the JL head with bad hair rooting by Hot Toys?

Of course the mod is going to look superior.

In paint.

Anyway, by virtue of the fact that you posted pics of a mod, it’s not a fair comparison.

Maybe not totally fair but it still gives you an idea on how different they look.

Yes I understand, it’s great that you’ve finally come to the realization that they’re the same sculpt albeit with the slightest differences of paint jobs and possible molding differences.

Have always thought it based on the Training sculpt, but thought and still do think that the face shape is different.

But what more are you trying to prove by posting a pic of a modded head next to the JL head with bad hair rooting by Hot Toys?

Of course the mod is going to look superior.

It has nothing to do with how bad the hair is, I used that photo to show that in that pic the face on the JL looks narrower than the face on the TA sculpt. Maybe you are right, maybe it's the angle but I don't believe it is.

It is the angle my dude. By all accounts, you as well as a lot of people on this thread seem to agree that it’s possible the nose is slightly bigger on the JL head.

And yet, in the comparison pic you posted, the modded JL head has a bigger nose. Because they’re slightly different angles.

Back