Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't allured with the previous BvS batsuit, but this one seems so pleasing to me, may decide to nab one.

Man, I absolutely loved the BvS suit at every level. Initially I was just slightly bothered by the wide neck. But after a while I realized that design feature was intended to make Batman appear more menacing to criminals in the world of the film. No other version of the suit in film has come anywhere as near to being truly frightening as the BvS one imo. Plus it had the Frank Miller inspiration of him being absolutely 'roided out, a brick sh?thouse. The much more flexible kevlar made more sense to me than the rubberized suits of the past.

For my taste, the BvS suit is still the best. Although I have to say, this shinier version of it for JL does look damn good. I'm gonna have to wait to compare in hand, but it might actually take the top spot for me.

Everyone has their own taste for their own personal reasons. Which style suit do you prefer?

Man, I absolutely loved the BvS suit at every level. Initially I was just slightly bothered by the wide neck. But after a while I realized that design feature was intended to make Batman appear more menacing to criminals in the world of the film. No other version of the suit in film has come anywhere as near to being truly frightening as the BvS one imo. Plus it had the Frank Miller inspiration of him being absolutely 'roided out, a brick sh?thouse. The much more flexible kevlar made more sense to me than the rubberized suits of the past.

For my taste, the BvS suit is still the best. Although I have to say, this shinier version of it for JL does look damn good. I'm gonna have to wait to compare in hand, but it might actually take the top spot for me.

Everyone has their own taste for their own personal reasons. Which style suit do you prefer?

Yeah I'm with you Alatar. BvS remains my favourite, however this new JL in hand with some mods may become my favourite.

It's just such a great turnaround considering I was half expecting this JL version to suck and had almost resigned to the fact that I may need to sell it at a loss considering the state of DC and JL.

Tactical version comes in somewhere a close second. I still need to to get some of those ankle extensions.

This really doesn?t need any mods, straight out the box he?s pretty great.
Capes above standard for hot toys.
This is from someone that hates justice league.
But this batman is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, everyone has their own preferences and tastes, no matter what it may be. For me, from sheer preference, I'm much more of a fan of the tactical, 'realistic', batsuits, which is why I like the Nolanverse renditions, the Arkham knight too. When the first promo images of the batsuit for BvS emerged, I thought "Oh man cool, a more comic accurate suit is going to make it to the big screen!" And even with my preferences, I appreciate just about any version of the suit. Though when the HT figure released I was a bit bothered with the proportions and the neck being a bit too thick (just based on the film design), though I still thought it was striking. I didn't get around to it since I prioritized other figures before it. Also agree, that BvS is menacing, and I imagine this one being extremely frightening to encounter in the sewers, in a brutal fight. As far as this figure, I like it's changes compared to the previous suit and am more enticed with it (I have not seen BvS or JL so I am judging these based on the figures themselves without film attachment).

I have not seen BvS or JL so I am judging these based on the figures themselves without film attachment.

If you ever do get around to it... And this is one man's opinion, obviously....

Don't waste time with the theater release of JL. Wait for the Snyder cut to get released.

Watch the "Ultimate Edition" of BvS which is actually the version Snyder thought he would be releasing into the theater until just a few weeks before the release date. The theater release they whittled down to 2:31 in order to get the most IMAX showings. Although the theater release is faster paced, it leaves out several important scenes to that are integral to understanding the story.

If you have the time, watch or rewatch the director's cut of Watchmen. If you're unfamiliar, the Watchmen story is a deconstruction of traditional superhero mythology that implicitly asks: if superheroes actually existed in the real world, would this truly be a good thing for society (or for the superheroes)? Is this something we would actually want?

Snyder took that basic idea of Watchmen and applied it directly to Superman and Batman meeting up for the first time in BvS. As we know, this rubbed a lot of fan and critics the wrong way. Many hated it, and will argue that it fails in execution. But if you can tolerate that central idea, and then allow the film to do it's thing on its own terms, for those that appreciate it, it's magnificent.

Then watch Man of Steel and BvS back-to-back (preferably the 4K blu rays).

:D

Happy Batman Day!

IMG_2807 - tweaked.jpg

Don't waste time with the theater release of JL. Wait for the Snyder cut to get released.

Watch the "Ultimate Edition" of BvS which is actually the version Snyder thought he would be releasing into the theater until just a few weeks before the release date. The theater release they whittled it down to 2:31 in order to get the most IMAX showings. Although the theater release is faster paced, it leaves out several important scenes to that are integral to understanding the story.

If you have the time, watch or rewatch the director's cut of Watchmen. If you're unfamiliar, the Watchmen story is a deconstruction of traditional superhero mythology that implicitly asks: if superheroes actually existed in the real world, would this truly be a good thing for society (or for the superheroes)? Is this something we would actually want?

Snyder took that basic idea of Watchmen and applied it directly to Superman and Batman meeting up for the first time in BvS. As we know, this rubbed a lot of fan and critics the wrong way. Many hated it, and will argue that it fails in execution. But if you can tolerate that central idea, and then allow the film to do it's thing on its own terms, for those that appreciate it, it's magnificent.

I would totally back up this suggestion. I personally have no idea why anyone would not like BvS Ultimate Edition.

With a bit of luck we'll get the Snyder Cut this year.....man I hope so.:pray::pray::pray:

By the way Alatar your attachment doesn't work ??

Watch the "Ultimate Edition" of BvS which is actually the version Snyder thought he would be releasing into the theater until just a few weeks before the release date. The theater release they whittled it down to 2:31 in order to get the most IMAX showings. Although the theater release is faster paced, it leaves out several important scenes to that are integral to understanding the story.

Couldn?t agree more.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I would totally back up this suggestion. I personally have no idea why anyone would not like BvS Ultimate Edition.

With a bit of luck we'll get the Snyder Cut this year.....man I hope so.:pray::pray::pray:

By the way Alatar your attachment doesn't work ??

Thanks, I think I forgot to press 'upload', lol.

I don't think we'll get the Snyder cut until next spring when HBO Max launches. But that said, I won't be surprised if they announce it shortly before Christmas and include it bundled in some way for a three month commitment to subscription to the service. Maybe we'll get a discount on that bundle if we preorder early, etc. Possibly something like that.

But anyway, I'm certain that it will be tied to subscription to HBO Max.

Thanks, I think I forgot to press 'upload', lol.

I don't think we'll get the Snyder cut until next spring when HBO Max launches. But that said, I won't be surprised if they announce it shortly before Christmas and include it bundled in some way for a three month commitment to subscription to the service. Maybe we'll get a discount on that bundle if we preorder early, etc. Possibly something like that.

But anyway, I'm certain that it will be tied to subscription to HBO Max.

I think it would be smart to attach it to dc universe as well.

I?m sorry, you mistook when I said I said DC universe. I meant the streaming site, not DCU online.

Does that game still have a player base?

I thought i didn't need this, but now i think i do.

Wonder if it will hold out until Spook - if that is even a thing anymore?

Watch the "Ultimate Edition" of BvS which is actually the version Snyder thought he would be releasing into the theater until just a few weeks before the release date. The theater release they whittled down to 2:31 in order to get the most IMAX showings. Although the theater release is faster paced, it leaves out several important scenes to that are integral to understanding the story.

I'll heed your judgement on the Snyderman cuts :wink1: Ah yes, I like Watchmen, of course the graphic novel is more expansive, but I like the film as well.

Come to think of it, the only DCEU films I've watched were MoS and Shazam.

I?m sorry, you mistook when I said I said DC universe. I meant the streaming site, not DCU online.

Does that game still have a player base?

Okay, got you, like Titans, Doom Patrol, and the DC animated shows and whatnot. I actually had no idea the DC universe games I saw when I googled it existed for various platforms. I'm aware of the popular Injustice and Arkham games, though.

First time I've heard of Spook. What is it?

Sideshow runs a Halloween event where codes are given out for reward points. They are time based so you need to be quick to enter them in to save to your account. Can usually get 20-30 dollars which can be used on purchases later like normal reward points.

There is a thread here for the codes which people post. Or join up with sideshow through Twitter etc

has anyone tried the Afleck head on the BVS body?

Haven't seen anyone do that yet.

I've seen the excellent Eleven Batfleck 2.0 head sculpt on the Tactical Suit Batman. In fact I've done that myself. But anyway, here's Keyboard Warriors doing it, see at 8:11:

And if you'd like to see a comparison of the HT Batfleck head sculpt with the Eleven one (the Eleven sculpt is well worth picking up on eBay for like $25--it's more age accurate to the film) here's Keyboard Warriors again doing that, see at 10:48:

Hey guys...off topic but not sure who or where to ask.

I bought a William Adams samurai Figure and the plastic horns fell off of the metal head in the box. Big disappointment to open it up and see that.

I don?t think super glue will glue metal to plastic and I?m reading about epoxy. Anyone know of a good epoxy that will definitely glue metal to plastic?

Back