Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I wouldn't mind the Nightmare Batman. That design and execution is just awesome. At that point I wasn't into the Batman figures, probably a good thing as it would be another awesome version which I couldn't part with :lol

I guess it's sad that Affleck is no longer around, but on the other hand we got some pretty awesome figures. Just need to see that Snyder Cut and I'll be a happy camper.

Agreed about Afleck being done; he was my favorite combination being that I felt he was a good Bruce and good Bats. Previously, there were some actors that did a great Batman but a not so believable Bruce (not naming names) and vice versa as well as at least 1 being a terrible Bruce and Bats.

As for this “Snyder Cut” I can no longer hold my tongue. Firstly, I do not believe it’s going to ever be officially released and secondly, I do believe that is a good thing (at least for the DCEU and WB). I’d have to admit that I would love for it to become available just so everyone can see how horrible it was before Joss ‘fixed’ the film. Most people really have no clue how bad he did the DCEU by trying to stray so far from the source material (which can work in small doses but not for an entire film). It’s fine that many people disagree with my opinion in Snyder and I would just say that there is a reason why DC/WB refuse to release the cut against the pressure of a ‘grassroots movement’ and Mamoa’s wishes for them to do so. There’s a reason why there is a long shot of the homeless guy holding the sign saying ‘I TRIED’ because ‘fixing’ JL was an exercise in futility.

As for this “Snyder Cut” I can no longer hold my tongue. Firstly, I do not believe it’s going to ever be officially released and secondly, I do believe that is a good thing (at least for the DCEU and WB). I’d have to admit that I would love for it to become available just so everyone can see how horrible it was before Joss ‘fixed’ the film. Most people really have no clue how bad he did the DCEU by trying to stray so far from the source material (which can work in small doses but not for an entire film). It’s fine that many people disagree with my opinion in Snyder and I would just say that there is a reason why DC/WB refuse to release the cut against the pressure of a ‘grassroots movement’ and Mamoa’s wishes for them to do so. There’s a reason why there is a long shot of the homeless guy holding the sign saying ‘I TRIED’ because ‘fixing’ JL was an exercise in futility.

Some really hated what Snyder did, some really love it. The fandom is divided. Honestly, I don't see it changing. I don't envision there ever being one happy family among fans of DC superhero live action films. Too late for that. The toothpaste isn't going back into the tube with a "soft" or even total reboot. For better or worse there is a substantial fan base for Snyder's vision. It's not just going to go away.

I'm actually getting to the point where I really wish they would create two entirely separate continuities. Doubtful it will go this way but:

In my ideal world they release the Snyder cut of JL and allow Snyder to finish the arc. Ben agrees to come back for one more film, in which he dies saving Lois. We get to see this current universe carried through all the way to Flashpoint--which is also this universe's conclusion. Flashpoint won't be the first Flash film. Barry will still get at least one solo film, maybe two. Cyborg with Ray Fisher gets at least one solo film.

The Reeves Batman launches a separate universe. It takes 8 years for the solo trilogy as the existing universe winds down. But also there will be films that introduce new superheroes to the Battinson-verse such as Supergirl and Batgirl. They will eventually join Battinson. And this universe will get its own Superman as well eventually.

Then everyone can be satisfied for the most part. If they plan it thoughtfully enough they can minimize the number of different versions of superheroes overlapping. However, the audience that is even remotely interested in superhero films will understand the distinction. It's not that complicated to grasp.

Some really hated what Snyder did, some really love it. The fandom is divided. Honestly, I don't see it changing. I don't envision there ever being one happy family among fans of DC superhero live action films. Too late for that. The toothpaste isn't going back into the tube with a "soft" or even total reboot. For better or worse there is a substantial fan base for Snyder's vision. It's not just going to go away.

I'm actually getting to the point where I really wish they would create two entirely separate continuities. Doubtful it will go this way but:

In my ideal world they release the Snyder cut of JL and allow Snyder to finish the arc. Ben agrees to come back for one more film, in which he dies saving Lois. We get to see this current universe carried through all the way to Flashpoint--which is also this universe's conclusion. Flashpoint won't be the first Flash film. Barry will still get at least one solo film, maybe two. Cyborg with Ray Fisher gets at least one solo film.

The Reeves Batman launches a separate universe. It takes 8 years for the solo trilogy as the existing universe winds down. But also there will be films that introduce new superheroes to the Battinson-verse such as Supergirl and Batgirl. They will eventually join Battinson. And this universe will get its own Superman as well eventually.

Then everyone can be satisfied for the most part. If they plan it thoughtfully enough they can minimize the number of different versions of superheroes overlapping. However, the audience that is even remotely interested in superhero films will understand the distinction. It's not that complicated to grasp.

Great points and the ‘divide’ seems to get bigger with each film. My biggest issue with the DC films is that there is so many great storylines from the comics with amazing writing that could have been easily adapted to a screenplay. In the words of an amazingly smart outside observer regarding the current state of the DCEU, ‘they already have the thing (the great comic stories), just do the thing’; it’s really not that difficult In my opinion.

Great points and the ‘divide’ seems to get bigger with each film. My biggest issue with the DC films is that there is so many great storylines from the comics with amazing writing that could have been easily adapted to a screenplay. In the words of an amazingly smart outside observer regarding the current state of the DCEU, ‘they already have the thing (the great comic stories), just do the thing’; it’s really not that difficult In my opinion.

Great points from both of you. I come from the boring standpoint of a non-comic book reader, but someone who simply wants a good movie. For me MoS and BvS (UEdition) were great. I have the "benefit" or "non-benefit" of not having any baggage as far as comic book story knowledge. But that's just my standpoint, but I assume there are more like me who just want a great film and a good arc and planned vision/story whether it adheres to existing stories or not.

A parallel path would be seriously awesome ! But no doubt not something they would bet on. But as you've mentioned before the people who were in charge are no longer in there in total, so perhaps it's a different perspective now. Only worrying thing of course is that JJ's philosophy seems to be to always start from a fresh slate.

I just wish they would release the Snyder cut so we can all at least make our own minds up. But no doubt there will be split opinions either way.

Great points from both of you. I come from the boring standpoint of a non-comic book reader, but someone who simply wants a good movie. For me MoS and BvS (UEdition) were great. I have the "benefit" or "non-benefit" of not having any baggage as far as comic book story knowledge. But that's just my standpoint, but I assume there are more like me who just want a great film and a good arc and planned vision/story whether it adheres to existing stories or not.

A parallel path would be seriously awesome ! But no doubt not something they would bet on. But as you've mentioned before the people who were in charge are no longer in there in total, so perhaps it's a different perspective now. Only worrying thing of course is that JJ's philosophy seems to be to always start from a fresh slate.

I just wish they would release the Snyder cut so we can all at least make our own minds up. But no doubt there will be split opinions either way.

I fully understand your point of view and the fact that you don’t have any comics ‘baggage’ but that in itself is one of the points I was trying to make. The DC comics universe is so diverse and has incredible storylines (and obviously some terrible) that pulling directly from them to adapt a screenplay could make for a ‘good movie’ regardless of having or not having any comics ‘baggage’. Marvel/Paramount/Disney was in an incredibly weak position with IM being a C list character (at best) at the time of filming the first movie, most great characters’ rights were sold off to other studios and they were extremely limited with which stories they could tell but we all know that the MCU has had incredible success financially and a huge pop culture impact. My point is that WB/DC has almost ZERO of the issues with being able to use characters and stories that proved widely popular in the comics and/or animation. They own all their top tier heroes and villains but refuse to just adapt the best stuff from other mediums to the silver screen which, in most readers’ opinions, would make for ‘good movies’.

I hope that clarifies me wanting them to ‘just do the thing because they already have the thing’.

I fully understand your point of view and the fact that you don’t have any comics ‘baggage’ but that in itself is one of the points I was trying to make. The DC comics universe is so diverse and has incredible storylines (and obviously some terrible) that pulling directly from them to adapt a screenplay could make for a ‘good movie’ regardless of having or not having any comics ‘baggage’. Marvel/Paramount/Disney was in an incredibly weak position with IM being a C list character (at best) at the time of filming the first movie, most great characters’ rights were sold off to other studios and they were extremely limited with which stories they could tell but we all know that the MCU has had incredible success financially and a huge pop culture impact. My point is that WB/DC has almost ZERO of the issues with being able to use characters and stories that proved widely popular in the comics and/or animation. They own all their top tier heroes and villains but refuse to just adapt the best stuff from other mediums to the silver screen which, in most readers’ opinions, would make for ‘good movies’.

I hope that clarifies me wanting them to ‘just do the thing because they already have the thing’.

Fair enough. Perhaps "baggage" wasn't the best word, but I guess all I meant was that I don't have any preconceived knowledge of what should or shouldn't happen. But you get that.

I think we're essentially talking about the same thing. All we want is a good/great movie. DC/WB have all the tools and more importantly the existing stories to do that. Whether they stick to existing stories tightly or not they should be able to manage a decent film. How hard can it be ?

If I were to sum up DC and WB I would simply use the word "frustrating". But I guess that is the past and the previous execs are all but gone.

So I try to feel optimistic going forward, although if I were DC I would seriously get Alatar in for a talk :lol I like his direction.

Alright! Got the email from Sideshow that my figure is arriving at the warehouse in 7 days and is expected to ship on Oct. 8th.

It's still going under the Christmas tree, especially if we don't get JL Superman by Christmas. Although I do expect Superman to release in Hong Kong like literally any day now.

Gonna be tough seeing everyone else's photos of this great looking figure over the next couple months but worth the wait I think.

Alright! Got the email from Sideshow that my figure is arriving at the warehouse in 7 days and is expected to ship on Oct. 8th.

It's still going under the Christmas tree, especially if we don't get JL Superman by Christmas. Although I do expect Superman to release in Hong Kong like literally any day now.

Gonna be tough seeing everyone else's photos of this great looking figure over the next couple months but worth the wait I think.

Duuuuuuuude. That?s fantastic!! May I ask when you preordered yours? I preordered last November, so I was just wondering where mine fell in the shipping order. Haha

Pulled the trigger and ordered it. Arrived the other day. aa.jpga.jpg

Not the biggest fan of the character or the design, so I'll pass on supes. Going to kitbash a Bruce Wayne though to be on display between knightmare and vanilla bvs.

JUST GOT THIS:

Your Batman is arriving early!

Your order for Batman (AAA85163) is eligible for early processing on Fri Oct 4th, 2019. Would you like us to charge on that day and then ship it to you right away?
YES - PROCESS AND SHIP MY ORDER EARLY

JUST GOT THIS:

Your order for Batman (AAA85163) is eligible for early processing on Fri Oct 4th, 2019. Would you like us to charge on that day and then ship it to you right away?
Awesome, same here!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Duuuuuuuude. That?s fantastic!! May I ask when you preordered yours? I preordered last November, so I was just wondering where mine fell in the shipping order. Haha

Er... September 10th of this year. 3 weeks ago. I have no idea how they determine shipping order. The only thing I can think of is I'm not paying in installments so maybe full payment orders are always moved to the front end for shipping? Or perhaps there is no real rhyme or reason to it.

I’m sure you’re going get an email within like a day. It sounds like the shipment is arriving at Sideshow by early next week.

Er... September 10th of this year. 3 weeks ago. I have no idea how they determine shipping order. The only thing I can think of is I'm not paying in installments so maybe full payment orders are always moved to the front end for shipping? Or perhaps there is no real rhyme or reason to it.

I?m sure you?re going get an email within like a day. It sounds like the shipment is arriving at Sideshow by early next week.

Huh. That?s very interesting. I?m not sure how mine is being paid for because my family ordered it for me as a gift. I think they said they just put down the pre-order deposit and then the rest is coming out all at once. So hopefully I?ll get an email soon!!! Fingers crossed

JUST GOT THIS:

Same here!! Finally!! ^_^

I?m sure you?re going get an email within like a day. It sounds like the shipment is arriving at Sideshow by early next week.
Where are you located? I ordered this past April and got the email. I wonder if it has anything to do with proximity to Sideshow. This happened to me with JL Flash and I ordered that like a month before it released. I'm in Socal fairly close to them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back