Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It happened due to the the duration of the pose, I'd have my figures in neutral poses while they are in the shelves. They'd look better like that than being in awkward poses taking up space.

I'm gonna quote myself when someone complains that the suit can't handle being clamped overtime with the flight stand.

Thanks, I've read your warnings before, but didn't think a week constituted as too long. Still a newbie I guess!

Thanks, I've read your warnings before, but didn't think a week constituted as too long. Still a newbie I guess!

I'm curious, what the temperature/humidity level is where you live and are the figures kept in a temperature controlled home? I live in Georgia where the humidity gets pretty bad, however, I keep the internal temperature of my house at 68-70 degrees F and I've not had any of those issues. I even had my regular JL Batman's arm bent in a pose for over a week before returning it to a basic museum pose and mine didn't do what yours did.

Materials are alive to an extent, the change depending on temperature variations etc. This material is leaps better than the BvS and SS one - it's more resistant to sticking to itself. But with that level of creasing it looks like you had it properly bent so it's bound to happen. If it happen again don't force it back into a neutral state, it's best to gradually get it back in that state. I think it's a similar material as the Spiderman suit and that's been known to 'heal' over time.

As a general rule of thumb if you extreme pose stuff like that will happen for sure, especially in conditions with fluctuating temperatures. The real life suits are prone to this, the 1/6 versions not made from the exact material are even more prone to this. But yeah, never force it undone from itself, it'll damage a lot more.

Hopefully it'll mostly sort itself out now.

I'm curious, what the temperature/humidity level is where you live and are the figures kept in a temperature controlled home? I live in Georgia where the humidity gets pretty bad, however, I keep the internal temperature of my house at 68-70 degrees F and I've not had any of those issues. I even had my regular JL Batman's arm bent in a pose for over a week before returning it to a basic museum pose and mine didn't do what yours did.

I'm California, and this week I've had the AC on to about the same temperatures. There's not much humidity (though I haven't measured it), it's a closed room with no windows and Tombo doors. Although I did sometimes turn off the AC, and it might raise to 75 degrees or something before I turn it back on. It's good to know you had done the same but nothing happened.

My first thought was, I got this MISB from AnoToys in Philippines, and maybe they have higher humidity. I got it within a week from them, then I posed it in that pose right after I opened it. Maybe if I had let it "air dry" for a bit, the material might have stuck together. Taking precaution now with my JL WW and not put anything on her for a bit.

I actually got an Armored Batman MISB from them as well, and the butt area had a "mark" on it from sticking to the plastic tray. It looks a bit shinier than the other parts of the butt. That's why I'm guessing it's how they stored it.. but then again, Armored Batman is super old sitting in box.

Materials are alive to an extent, the change depending on temperature variations etc. This material is leaps better than the BvS and SS one - it's more resistant to sticking to itself. But with that level of creasing it looks like you had it properly bent so it's bound to happen. If it happen again don't force it back into a neutral state, it's best to gradually get it back in that state. I think it's a similar material as the Spiderman suit and that's been known to 'heal' over time.

As a general rule of thumb if you extreme pose stuff like that will happen for sure, especially in conditions with fluctuating temperatures. The real life suits are prone to this, the 1/6 versions not made from the exact material are even more prone to this. But yeah, never force it undone from itself, it'll damage a lot more.

Hopefully it'll mostly sort itself out now.

That's what I thought. I felt the material and it seem like much more resistant to stretching, and people have complimented on the increase in material quality, so I left it like that. Like I mentioned above, maybe air drying before posing might have avoided this. And also not leaving it in extreme pose for "so long".

I don't I really forced it, but it definitely wasn't super super slow. I think it kind of "snapped" out of that locking position? I don't quite remember. I think some parts of that will "heal", but the parts that peeled off will not I don't think.

I'm California, and this week I've had the AC on to about the same temperatures. There's not much humidity (though I haven't measured it), it's a closed room with no windows and Tombo doors. Although I did sometimes turn off the AC, and it might raise to 75 degrees or something before I turn it back on. It's good to know you had done the same but nothing happened.

My first thought was, I got this MISB from AnoToys in Philippines, and maybe they have higher humidity. I got it within a week from them, then I posed it in that pose right after I opened it. Maybe if I had let it "air dry" for a bit, the material might have stuck together. Taking precaution now with my JL WW and not put anything on her for a bit.

I actually got an Armored Batman MISB from them as well, and the butt area had a "mark" on it from sticking to the plastic tray. It looks a bit shinier than the other parts of the butt. That's why I'm guessing it's how they stored it.. but then again, Armored Batman is super old sitting in box.

That's what I thought. I felt the material and it seem like much more resistant to stretching, and people have complimented on the increase in material quality, so I left it like that. Like I mentioned above, maybe air drying before posing might have avoided this. And also not leaving it in extreme pose for "so long".

I don't I really forced it, but it definitely wasn't super super slow. I think it kind of "snapped" out of that locking position? I don't quite remember. I think some parts of that will "heal", but the parts that peeled off will not I don't think.

You'll know better as all I have are your pics, but it doesn't look like anything has peeled off - just heavily creased is all. I think gently rub the areas with your thumb and a glove on like once a day to help smooth it out and after a week see how it is, it'll be easier to assess, but hopefully it'll more or less sort itself out.

I've got experience with two BvS pieces, one armoured BvS one SS and this JL. On all but the JL I can suit degredation/peel, handled only with gloves and in the UK so not bad conditions. I check every now and then on the JL one and it seems well resilient to sticking to itself compared to the others. I know on the Spiderman thread people have reported the suit 'healing' itself, and the materials look near enough identical.

Let us know!

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I also always use gloves whenever I touch a figure. I posted updated pics in the post on the previous page, you can tell more. It looks like wire plastic that melted. I tried using a tweezer and very gently push it back, seems to help a little. Will see how it is in due time.

The suit colour is a bit off compared to the movie one or is it just me?
cf9be96a5fa87a4a5b617f7ccc3dcb2e.jpg
ad3ac1953b0bf3ab2c57fe20caebe989.jpg

you guys have to remember that Whedon put a lot of filters and "color correction" on the Theatrical Cut so it wouldn't look so dark and gritty. When you compare BvS to JL and can really see the difference in what Zack can do vs what Whendon/WB did. Or just look at the Snyder Cut trailer compared to the Theatrical footage.

Sooo.. I broke the zipper pull tab for the suit after doing some padding on him. Any one know how to get a replacement zipper in this size?

Dived into ebay and amazon, and can't find any in this size. Looked through and contacted a couple of sixth scale sites and got nothing..

Sooo.. I broke the zipper pull tab for the suit after doing some padding on him. Any one know how to get a replacement zipper in this size?

Dived into ebay and amazon, and can't find any in this size. Looked through and contacted a couple of sixth scale sites and got nothing..

Quite a few people who?ve done the same thing have just stitched it at the top. Good enough to hold it together & easy enough to snip if u want to add or remove padding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everybody, was wondering back in the day on the dx batman you could remove the under suit to increase posability ...is that possible with the tac or the standard justice league one ?

Have had the reg and armoured JL versions since release and been dying to use the BW sculpt, but never found a way it looked right.. Finally played around and swapped capes, collar and bases with the regular to put him together. I think he looks pretty good, just need to figure out how to give him traps.
893448d0a8262863f12c09a2577202cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

^^ nice, it's looking good.

Wanted to give an updated to my posed-too-long-crease issue. It looks like it healed 90%! There's still one tiny bit that didn't heal, but it's so unnoticeable now I'm extremely pleased.

After month of standing in a more relaxed pose:
MqWICPnh.jpg

Before
Wtqsq0fh.jpg

Back