Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly even if they had just ended the story a few minutes earlier I would have been fine. John and the owner of the New York Continental decide they are done living and dying under the guidelines of the High Table, so they decide to take them on together. Moves the story downrange a bit and sets us up for a sequel. But by having the hotel owner betray John at the last second to get his position back essentially reset the story and made the whole thing pointless.

the thing is, Winston had to trick the high table in a power gamble to get his life back for helping john in chapter 2, but now that he wins i have a few doubts about whose side the owner of the continental is gonna stay after the high table is been target by wick and the king

Honestly even if they had just ended the story a few minutes earlier I would have been fine. John and the owner of the New York Continental decide they are done living and dying under the guidelines of the High Table, so they decide to take them on together. Moves the story downrange a bit and sets us up for a sequel. But by having the hotel owner betray John at the last second to get his position back essentially reset the story and made the whole thing pointless.

That’s the thing though: Or did he?

Winston (the NY Continental owner) knew Wick was wearing a protective suit. If he really wanted to kill him on the spot with no mistakes in front of the adjudicator, it seems to me that he would have shot Wick in the head, not the body where he knows he has armor. Also, when the adjudicator panicked and told Winston that Wick’s body was gone, he seemed awfully unconcerned about it, almost like an “I don’t know what to tell you, you saw me shoot him” reaction. Winston of all people knows that Wick is the last person who you want to screw over and piss off, so for him to not be too worried when the adjudicator fearfully told him that Wick is the last person either of them wants to be getting a visit from in the middle of the night seemed out of the ordinary if he genuinely thought that he killed Wick, only to be told that Wick apparently may have survived.

Granted having him take the drop that he did was a big gamble for him to survive that, but the question still is: Did Winston genuinely intend to kill Wick in order to keep the hotel? Or was the whole thing a set-up to only give off the illusion that he killed him, yet also keep the hotel? If the latter, did Winston in that case arrange with the Bowery King to have his men immediately scoop up Wick to take him to safety before the adjudicator or other members of the High Table got to him?

JW4 has been confirmed for 2021, so another chapter is apparently a certainty. So we’ll presumably get to find out the answer.

I took it as you're saying Silverstar. I didn't think it was a total double cross, it did seem like John wasn't in on it, but like you said it wasn't a head shot and he wasn't worried at all when they couldn't find his body. I think that fall was just super unrealistic though, unless JW4 takes places many years from the end of JW3 after years of being in a hospital and rehabilitation.

Crazy that this has made 182 million in 10 days, whereas JW2 made 171.5 million in its entire theatrical run. Seems like this franchise is garnering more and more interest with each film. Hopefully that means they’ll keep going even beyond JW4.

I'm happy enough that it brought Keanu back a bit with the success. I hope he gets some more mainstream roles.

Release today FB_IMG_1559110930801.jpg

Looks awesome, only thing it’s really missing is a holster for his handgun(s) though.

Looks awesome, only thing it’s really missing is a holster for his handgun(s) though.

Just noticed that, that’s a big miss.
Headsculpt looks better than the proto tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some will always complain, makes you wonder if they get any enjoyment from the hobby at all.

This came out really well.

Yeah it looks better than I thought it would.
Was gonna get one from timcent but he wants £380/$476 for it!!!!
I could get two for that, think il just wait for sideshow to get it.
He used to be really reasonable too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the thing though: Or did he?

Winston (the NY Continental owner) knew Wick was wearing a protective suit. If he really wanted to kill him on the spot with no mistakes in front of the adjudicator, it seems to me that he would have shot Wick in the head, not the body where he knows he has armor. Also, when the adjudicator panicked and told Winston that Wick’s body was gone, he seemed awfully unconcerned about it, almost like an “I don’t know what to tell you, you saw me shoot him” reaction. Winston of all people knows that Wick is the last person who you want to screw over and piss off, so for him to not be too worried when the adjudicator fearfully told him that Wick is the last person either of them wants to be getting a visit from in the middle of the night seemed out of the ordinary if he genuinely thought that he killed Wick, only to be told that Wick apparently may have survived.

Granted having him take the drop that he did was a big gamble for him to survive that, but the question still is: Did Winston genuinely intend to kill Wick in order to keep the hotel? Or was the whole thing a set-up to only give off the illusion that he killed him, yet also keep the hotel? If the latter, did Winston in that case arrange with the Bowery King to have his men immediately scoop up Wick to take him to safety before the adjudicator or other members of the High Table got to him?

JW4 has been confirmed for 2021, so another chapter is apparently a certainty. So we’ll presumably get to find out the answer.

I’d like to believe this and hope it plays out this way.

Crazy that this has made 182 million in 10 days, whereas JW2 made 171.5 million in its entire theatrical run. Seems like this franchise is garnering more and more interest with each film. Hopefully that means they’ll keep going even beyond JW4.

I love the JW series, but 3 is the weakest in my mind. My hopes are 4 Is as good as 1 and it gives the series closure. End it on fire rather than beat a dead horse.

Back