Hot Toys John Wick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hair might be an error. You have to remember, this series takes place in a very short time frame. I starts a few days after his wife's death, as referenced by Viggo Tarasov. Not sure how long it takes after that before Santino D'Antonio comes calling. The space between end of 2 and beginning of 3 is about an hour. So you figure this whole debacle takes place within the same month maybe?

John Wick 2 is set the same week as John Wick 1. The opening sequence is very shortly after the first movie, and then I think we can assume a day or two break before the main story of 2 starts.

Didn't enjoy JW3 as much as the first two - the movie felt way too long to me and I was quite bored about an hour in. As impressive as Halle Berry's commitment to the role was, they could have jettisoned her character and the whole Casablanca sequence for me [and worked in the cool dogs and relevant plot points elsewhere]. I also thought Dacascos was awful.

However, I enjoyed the first 30 minutes immensely (the excommunicado countdown was rather exciting] and I loved the horse sequence. And, of course, Keanu just oozes class...which is why I may pick up this figure. Just want to see the in hand final product pics.

I kept waiting to hear "So now America, with an open heart and an empty stomach, I say unto you in the words of my uncle: 'Allez cuisine!'

I know Dacascos is a ninja but that was a strange casting choice.

Decascos' character was a juxtiposition to John Wick. Here he was, a full fledged assassin, but still enamored with the idea of John Wick. He was a combination of Hattori Hanzo and fanboi. I guess even killers have their idols!

I just think of American Samurai, and to a lessor extent Kickboxer 5 when I think of Mark Dacascos..

He was bad-@$$ in Brotherhood of the Wolf. I don’t watch that stupid cooking show (luckily) — so my opinion of him hasn’t been tainted by that. I did find it odd that he had his “Japanese accent” in the beginning, then lost it during his conversations with JW — that was a bit distracting.

Yeah have to agree about Halle Berry's character being a disappointment. I know she worked her ass off and trained for months with those dogs, but ultimately she just wasn't nearly as fun and exciting to watch in action as Keanu.

The action scenes, particularly at the start, were superb but the story never really went anywhere. Also the whole thing with the assassins coming after him had already been done in Part 2. The more that is revealed about his back story the less interesting it is. The whole thing with the ballet school never really added anything for me. I liked Halle Berry's character but if you took her out of the movie it would make no difference to the film. I actually thought the story with John having rescued her daughter was probably the most interesting part of the movie in terms of the story.

I would say this had the best action sequences of all three movies but the first one had the best story and 2 & 3 have been pretty weak in that regard.
Also you can see John's hair is a lot longer when he goes to Casablanca than in the rest of the movie.

The Casablanca sequence was probably my favorite section of the movie. Berry really impressed me and those dogs did as well. That whole thing was awesome... though probably not for the stunt guys getting their nuts chomped on by the dogs. Even with padding the pressure has still got to hurt at least a little.

The Casablanca sequence was probably my favorite section of the movie. Berry really impressed me and those dogs did as well. That whole thing was awesome... though probably not for the stunt guys getting their nuts chomped on by the dogs. Even with padding the pressure has still got to hurt at least a little.

Honestly the action scene with the dogs was probably my least favorite part of the movie and I like dogs. I thought the movie was a B- overall.

I did find it odd that he had his “Japanese accent” in the beginning, then lost it during his conversations with JW — that was a bit distracting.

It's all part of the show. No one is who they seem to be. It's all smoke and mirrors and how they present themselves and who they want to be seen as. Like Hattori Hanzo in Kill Bill, he was just a Japanese chef. When the Abjudicator revealed who she was, all pretense was off, the show was over. Unlike HH, he dropped the Japanese accent and just spoke "American." Those kinds of disguises allow you a lot more freedom.

I've read several reviews/criticisms regarding the story (or lack thereof) in John Wick 3. To be completely objective about it, the first one barely had a story either, so I'm not sure what some people were expecting. Sometimes that's all the character/show is about. For me, that was the biggest problem with the Netflix Punisher series. Instead of it just being about his need to take vengeance on the criminal underworld, they created a terrible conspiracy plot to satisfy the need for a "story".
But the action in Parabellum was fantastic. As a former martial artist, and former stunt performer, I thought it was fabulous. I've never seen dogs trained or used in that fashion. So creative, so original.
Now I just have to find a decent white shirt to go with this figure when it arrives...

I've read several reviews/criticisms regarding the story (or lack thereof) in John Wick 3. To be completely objective about it, the first one barely had a story either, so I'm not sure what some people were expecting. Sometimes that's all the character/show is about. For me, that was the biggest problem with the Netflix Punisher series. Instead of it just being about his need to take vengeance on the criminal underworld, they created a terrible conspiracy plot to satisfy the need for a "story".
But the action in Parabellum was fantastic. As a former martial artist, and former stunt performer, I thought it was fabulous. I've never seen dogs trained or used in that fashion. So creative, so original.
Now I just have to find a decent white shirt to go with this figure when it arrives...

My sentiments as well.

JW2 has more of a story to it than JW3, but that’s not necessarily a knock on JW3. He was essentially a fugitive in JW3 based on the events of JW2, so it was going to consist of various people coming up to try and take a poke at him; you could tell this based on the way everyone in the park was looking at him at the end of JW2 as he was preparing to go on the run. I feel the simple plot allowed for it to be even more of an action film than the previous two installments.

As far as story goes, I don't think each film needs it's own story. Each film is just a chapter in the overall story of John Wick, a retired, elite assassin brought out of retirement because some punk killed his dead wife's last gift to him. Because of this, an old boss uses him to advance his social position. John breaks the rules and is therefore punished for it. John, being John and being angry at the position he is in because of others, (he was happily retired) seeks to avoid said punishment and will probably take revenge on all those who have used him for his skills with no regard for John Wick the man. THIS is the story. Told in 3 (now 4) parts. It's one story told in 4 chapters. That's how I'm looking at it.

That’s a good way to look at it, that each film in this series is exactly that: A chapter. It even says so in the title of 2 and 3. You don’t judge a book by each individual chapter, you judge it based on the overall story.

Honestly even if they had just ended the story a few minutes earlier I would have been fine. John and the owner of the New York Continental decide they are done living and dying under the guidelines of the High Table, so they decide to take them on together. Moves the story downrange a bit and sets us up for a sequel. But by having the hotel owner betray John at the last second to get his position back essentially reset the story and made the whole thing pointless.

Back