Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really glad to finally have this. May be the standout among the non die-cast armors from the Hot Toys Iron Man releases this year. I like this figure more than the Heartbreaker armor.

16353579478_32196edfec_h.jpg

I got mine today. This was the figure I wanted the most. Its amazing, but I'm thrown off by 2 things. The photos on this board made me think it would be much "cleaner" paint wise. I was kind of thrown of by the number of scuffs and such. It all seems intentional as far as I can tell. Second, you can't tell till you get it in hand, but the abs section is made of multiple parts and the top one (just under the gold piece on the chest) can be pushed into the body to almost 90 degrees. It seems loose and breakable. I might just be paranoid because this is my favorite armor since the IM3 movie.

Jealous of all you guys that I've gotten yours. Still waiting on mine. Have you guys every order from CornerStoreComics before? Still waiting for them to get their shipment :impatient:

Jealous of all you guys that I've gotten yours. Still waiting on mine. Have you guys every order from CornerStoreComics before? Still waiting for them to get their shipment :impatient:

CSC? Cancel your order and get it from somebody else. All other non SSC retailers have gotten their stock in even BBTS who usually gets theirs last. When I preordered Iron Patriot before from them all I got was the runaround as to when they were going to ship him. All I kept getting was to wait a few more days til that turned into weeks. Cancelled that order and all my other Hot Toys with them. Never preordering Hot Toys from them again since what I've heard was the new management has some sort of issue with SSC who distributes to all US retailers.

I got mine today. This was the figure I wanted the most. Its amazing, but I'm thrown off by 2 things. The photos on this board made me think it would be much "cleaner" paint wise. I was kind of thrown of by the number of scuffs and such. It all seems intentional as far as I can tell. Second, you can't tell till you get it in hand, but the abs section is made of multiple parts and the top one (just under the gold piece on the chest) can be pushed into the body to almost 90 degrees. It seems loose and breakable. I might just be paranoid because this is my favorite armor since the IM3 movie.

All the armors, (after Mark VII?), have some form of "battle damage", most likely so people would stop complaining about tiny scratches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the armors, (after Mark VII?), have some form of "battle damage", most likely so people would stop complaining about tiny scratches

While I am sure that is the reason for it, man do I hate it. Even my fiancé was looking at starburst last night and asked "why are there all the dumb little scratches on it?

CSC? Cancel your order and get it from somebody else. All other non SSC retailers have gotten their stock in even BBTS who usually gets theirs last. When I preordered Iron Patriot before from them all I got was the runaround as to when they were going to ship him. All I kept getting was to wait a few more days til that turned into weeks. Cancelled that order and all my other Hot Toys with them. Never preordering Hot Toys from them again since what I've heard was the new management has some sort of issue with SSC who distributes to all US retailers.

Yeah man, too bad I paid in full already so I can't cancel. But, is pissing me off that it is taking them this long. I noticed all other retailers have gotten their stock already. I called them every week and would get the same answer. I'll not order from them again because this is ridiculous. Also, they're located in CA so there is no way it should take them this long to get in stock.

Yeah man, too bad I paid in full already so I can't cancel. But, is pissing me off that it is taking them this long. I noticed all other retailers have gotten their stock already. I called them every week and would get the same answer. I'll not order from them again because this is ridiculous. Also, they're located in CA so there is no way it should take them this long to get in stock.
I was paid in full too and just asked to be refunded which they did. Save yourself from more anguish and do it now.

It's the law that if you pay in full and request a refund after the very first release date has been missed that they have to refund it. It's a 10k fine if they don't. Minimum. It's the USA mail order policy/law. And most countries have the same or similar law.

It's the law that if you pay in full and request a refund after the very first release date has been missed that they have to refund it. It's a 10k fine if they don't. Minimum. It's the USA mail order policy/law. And most countries have the same or similar law.

They should have more time to complete the sale because there isn't a firm date but I don't believe the law specifies in regards to preorders. I'm not going to read through it but I remember the provision from law school. Here's the text if you're bored;

16 CFR 435.2 - Mail or telephone order sales. | LII / Legal Information Institute

Is the tab on the back of the figure where you turn on the backpack suppose to be pure white or is it suppose to have an exhaust effect painted near the tabs?

Back