1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm torn between this figure and the IW Cap. My local store has the Cap already and should get IS in the next week. I can't decide which to get since I can only afford to get one

Taking posability out of the equation, if you are leaning towards Cap, you must buy the Movie Promo just for the glaive alone. The dead Outrider is really cool too but that glaive is something to behold.

So I'm torn between this figure and the IW Cap. My local store has the Cap already and should get IS in the next week. I can't decide which to get since I can only afford to get one

Those two figures are different enough so my suggestion is to make a list of pros and cons to help you decide. I think they're both good figures (and I ordered them both) but here is a quick list to help you out:

Cap:
1) Unique look that I like. We will probably never see this look again.
2) Black Order weapons are great accessories since Cap looks good holding them.
3) Movie Promo version is limited so it has a good chance of holding its value in the future.

Spidey:
1) I like how his colors enhance my display. But we will probably get more versions of Spidey in the future that look similar (except for the spider legs).
2) Light up feature looks cool.
3) I like the interchangeable eyes. They are also available in the Homecoming Spidey but they are so expensive right now.

It's a tough choice though. I don't envy you for having to choose between the two but looking at the bright side, it's a good problem to have when you're choosing between two figures you really like.

After even more days owning Spidey my original assessment has gone out the window. This figure even with the posing issues is fantastic. It was the recent pose I was able to pull off with little to no creasing and is still pretty dynamic.
Glad you changed your mind on the iron spider :)

It all depends on you and what you want to see in your collection. Both are pretty unique, we'll probably never seeing another capt with a beard, and we'll prob never going to see another iron spider... Unless of course Hot Toys decide to repaint either or both of them. LOL.
But to me neither is the one to own if you are only collecting only one char each, that goes to CW Capt and Homecoming Spiderman.
But if I were to choose between the two, I most likely will get iron spider cos he is so fun to pose, with the extra legs. But that's also cos from the trailer and leak, I prefer endgame capt over FFH spiderman, and do plan on getting the new capt.

Thanks everyone for the input. I still have time to think about it. Unfortunately the Cap at my store is the regular edition and not the Movie Promo edition so I don't know about that either. I'm trying to keep it simple in my collection and only choose one of each. My only other Marvel figures are the Mark 4 and Deadpool 2 figures

Both figures look great but still a hard choice since I don't have any representation of either figure I my collection. I'm leaning towards the IS but I hate that you can't pose it without fear of damaging the suit.

I’d get a more traditional Cap. I passed on the IW Cap since I already own (or owned) the other 27 Cap Hot Toys releases. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the input. I still have time to think about it. Unfortunately the Cap at my store is the regular edition and not the Movie Promo edition so I don't know about that either. I'm trying to keep it simple in my collection and only choose one of each. My only other Marvel figures are the Mark 4 and Deadpool 2 figures

If you only want one of each then I'd go for Iron Spidey.

[emoji848] I could free up quite a bit of detolf space if I decide to go with “one 1/6 scale figure per character.”
For now, nah. I enjoy having three Darth Vaders and four Luke Skywalkers... Then again, I’m already planning to get another Luke and another Vader...
[emoji51]
Someone help me! I have a problem!

Got my shipment notification for this guy. Should hopefully be receiving him by tomorrow!

Well, if you are planning on just keeping one Cap in the PC then IW Cap isn’t the one I would pick. Wait for a version from Endgame. But if you plan on having 2 Caps at any point I would definitely pick this Cap.

I’d get a more traditional Cap. I passed on the IW Cap since I already own (or owned) the other 27 Cap Hot Toys releases. [emoji12]

Why? He is the most different capt, you should get him too lol

The movie promo only has 2 extra accessories, everything else is the same but that does increase his resale value a bit. But then you are spending a bit more for it anyway. If you only want one of each then wait for endgame capt unless you really love his look in iw. Otherwise get iron spider, still looks great but if you can get a more classic spiderman the better.

Wonder why Sideshow still has him up for pre-order when some people are getting notifications of shipping. Wondering if I were to pre-order him now would I get a shipping notification soon. Really would like to get him soon. Seems to be taking forever for BBTS to get there stock in.

Wonder why Sideshow still has him up for pre-order when some people are getting notifications of shipping. Wondering if I were to pre-order him now would I get a shipping notification soon. Really would like to get him soon. Seems to be taking forever for BBTS to get there stock in.
If they can fulfill your order, they prob will. But I bet the shipment is for those who have preordered months ago

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Should I get the Tech Suit version over this figure? I want a representation of a Spidey in my collection and I'm not sure if I like this one or the tech suit more. Or maybe I can just wait for a future suit and keep this one in my collection?

Back