1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, this guy looks like liquid metal in hand :)

Very quick pose out of the box. Confident I can get some decent non-museum poses out of him without distracting wrinkles.

IMG_0430.jpg
IMG_0438.jpg
IMG_0439.jpg
IMG_0445.jpg

Happy New Year fellow Freaks! :)

Fixed your photos so no one else injures their necks. :lol

Great poses! I'll probably end up using one of those for mine...I don't wanna do any extreme poses as I don't want to crease this figure, but yours are dynamic enough that it looks dope and non-museum-y.

Ugh, seeing those pics has me still regretting selling my Homecoming Suit Spidey. I was just hemming and hawing over keeping it and pretty much sold it just to make my money back. Might just have to wait for FFH in the darker suit.

Ugh, seeing those pics has me still regretting selling my Homecoming Suit Spidey. I was just hemming and hawing over keeping it and pretty much sold it just to make my money back. Might just have to wait for FFH in the darker suit.

Yeah, for all the flack HC tech suit got for its poseability, it actually turned out to be way more poseable than the Iron Spidey. And chances are FFH will pretty much be the same exact material as the HC one...just a much darker blue.

Yeah, for all the flack HC tech suit got for its poseability, it actually turned out to be way more poseable than the Iron Spidey. And chances are FFH will pretty much be the same exact material as the HC one...just a much darker blue.

Yea I just like those classic red and blue colors there on the HC suit, I’m an idiot for selling it. Would have definitely been my one and done for Spider Man but we’ll see what happens with FFH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, no Spideys.

Then I think you should definitely get Iron Spiderman. Especially if you want to collect Infinity War characters. That’s coming from a huge Batman fan who has four different Hot Toys Batman figures (plus the Batmobile). I don’t think any Marvel Collection is complete without a Spiderman.
Also, every Hot Toys Spiderman has had potential creasing issues. Like another member here suggested, either pose him in a museum pose or go all out in a dynamic pose. I had Amazing Spiderman 2 Spidey in an extremely dynamic pose for about a year. His suit did have some bunching up afterward, but that went away for the most part after standing in a museum pose for a while. These stretchy suits seem to elasticize back toward their original form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixed your photos so no one else injures their necks. :lol

Great poses! I'll probably end up using one of those for mine...I don't wanna do any extreme poses as I don't want to crease this figure, but yours are dynamic enough that it looks dope and non-museum-y.

Awesome man - thank you!

You can definitely get more wrinkle-free mileage from splaying the legs sideways rather than moving them forward/back. Also, by mostly bending the second of the two elbow joints (the one towards the wrist), you can get a decent bend in the arm before the wrinkles get too distracting.

Add a gentle twist to the torso, turning a little at the waist and a little more at the chest, and you're looking good. :)

Awesome man - thank you!

You can definitely get more wrinkle-free mileage from splaying the legs sideways rather than moving them forward/back. Also, by mostly bending the second of the two elbow joints (the one towards the wrist), you can get a decent bend in the arm before the wrinkles get too distracting.

Add a gentle twist to the torso, turning a little at the waist and a little more at the chest, and you're looking good. :)

Yeah, I agree. The pose with Iron Man is pretty solid. Not super dynamic, but the pose is unique enough that it gives the figure character without stressing or creasing the suit.

Yeah that’s the thing, i get bored after a while, and i sell figures so i can buy new ones, and i don’t think i can sell spidey if i pose it.

Other than that, i was planning on collecting IW Hot Toys anyways.

Ah then get iron spidey and just pose him in a museum pose. But I've seen people pose him lightly but the extra hands are pose interestingly, thus making the "museum" pose a little more interesting.
No point in getting tactical batman, otherwise get other IW figures and wait for the FFH spidey.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ah then get iron spidey and just pose him in a museum pose. But I've seen people pose him lightly but the extra hands are pose interestingly, thus making the "museum" pose a little more interesting.
No point in getting tactical batman, otherwise get other IW figures and wait for the FFH spidey.

Yeah, might wait for FFH version. As much as i love this, it is the same material as Arkham Knight Batman, which didn’t have the creasing problem for some reason, it was a much bulkier and not that poseable figure maybe that’s the reason.. oh well.

Yeah, might wait for FFH version. As much as i love this, it is the same material as Arkham Knight Batman, which didn’t have the creasing problem for some reason, it was a much bulkier and not that poseable figure maybe that’s the reason.. oh well.
The crease is able to heal itself though not perfect but it's not as bad as ppl make it out to be.
This kind of pose won't leave any crease in the figure, I wonder what you plan on posing him in. But oh well whatever rocks your boat

8207cc298d10b8748d614df349df8715.jpg

I cant say it will work with the iron spider as i dont own him, but i had my HC spider in the hanging upside down pose for at least 4months. I recently put him back into a standing pose, the creases only dissappeared about 20%. However, a little steam from a face spa cleared it up and now you wouldnt even know i had him in an extreme pose. It works the same for both ASM1 and ASM2.

Yea i went back and fourth myself on iron spider pre-ordered cancelled saw the first in hand pics and ordered him again...the homecoming suit will probably always be my favorite since it's the classic red and blue but this one looked to good to pass up

I just received mine and I absolutely HATE the figure. I’m not here to argue with anyone; if you like the figure, I’m actually very happy for you.

Before receiving the figure, I was aware of the issues with the suit getting damaged by posing but I guess I didn’t pay enough attention to how horrible it is to pose if you don’t care about the damage to the suit. It didn’t bother me that the suit was going to get damaged as I just wanted to get him in a cool pose and not worry about the creases but I can’t seem to find a pose that looks natural whatsoever. It makes perfect sense to me now that Dean got rid of his as he likes to pose his figures as well and I really should have paid more attention.

Again, I’m just sharing that this thing is super frustrating and possibly one of the most frustrating figures to put in a natural pose I’ve owned since I started collecting in 2012. If you are a fan of posing your figures, you might consider passing on this one but if you just need him in your collection and do not care, by all means, please enjoy the thing because I can not.

I just received mine and I absolutely HATE the figure. I’m not here to argue with anyone; if you like the figure, I’m actually very happy for you.

Before receiving the figure, I was aware of the issues with the suit getting damaged by posing but I guess I didn’t pay enough attention to how horrible it is to pose if you don’t care about the damage to the suit. It didn’t bother me that the suit was going to get damaged as I just wanted to get him in a cool pose and not worry about the creases but I can’t seem to find a pose that looks natural whatsoever. It makes perfect sense to me now that Dean got rid of his as he likes to pose his figures as well and I really should have paid more attention.

Again, I’m just sharing that this thing is super frustrating and possibly one of the most frustrating figures to put in a natural pose I’ve owned since I started collecting in 2012. If you are a fan of posing your figures, you might consider passing on this one but if you just need him in your collection and do not care, by all means, please enjoy the thing because I can not.

Thank you for the honesty on this one... I cancelled my preorder for him now.
Have been on the fence ever since Dean's videos, put him on a payment plan to give me more time
to make a decision and now I am officially out. The suit seems so restrictive and I wanted him for posing.
After how much I LOVE my Tech and Homemade Suit Spideys, this one just steps backwards
in a major way for a Hot Toys Spider-Man.

Thank you for the honesty on this one... I cancelled my preorder for him now.
Have been on the fence ever since Dean's videos, put him on a payment plan to give me more time
to make a decision and now I am officially out. The suit seems so restrictive and I wanted him for posing.
After how much I LOVE my Tech and Homemade Suit Spideys, this one just steps backwards
in a major way for a Hot Toys Spider-Man.

Hell, Thank you for not roasting me for just offering my opinion. Yeah Dean was right about essentially everything he said about this figure and you are absolutely correct that it’s a step (or a fall) backwards for HT Spidey. After Rami, ASM1, ASM2, Tech & Home Made, it’s astonishing that the same company made this one. All previous HT Spidey’s could at least do something cool and pose naturally but not this one.

Honestly, now that I’ve accepted that a dynamic pose will just never look right, I still can’t get this damn thing to even stand naturally and it bothers me to no end. I’m not going to say I’m the best or most experienced poser but I am the type that will constantly adjust some figures from time to time because it’s enjoyable and helps me to keep pushing to make them look more real. This one is never going to look like anything but a toy.

All is just my opinion and if anyone reading this likes their Iron Spidey, I am happy for you!

Back