1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Spider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For example this is my shipping time on a figure and the invoice info:
HSPJQk1.jpg
1b7Pr48.jpg

Compare this with Big Chief in the UK. 22 pounds (which was about $26 at the time of this order) and I got it next day.
MbDW8AB.jpg

I don’t think that’s totally accurate. They still replace parts all the time. The thanos statue issue isn’t anywhere near like it was made to seem. They offered to replace parts, they have done and are doing full replacement for many people. Even in the thread on this site in the last few weeks multiple people have said they are getting full replacement. They offered a few people who didn’t want to return for a small issue partial refunds. That’s actually good customer service not bad. No one was offered a few bucks to keep a totally broken figure and not given a return option or replacement.

Occasionally they won’t do a replacement when it’s like star lord where the neck paint rub is on the vast majority of figures. Doesn’t make sense to send you a replacement when the chances are it’s gonna have the same issues and then they either do it again or do a refund anyway.

If it’s not a mostly universal issue they do replacement now just like they did.

I’ve seen a major shift in the last several years. Like you, I’ve been getting Hot Toys since basically the beginning, and I’ve probably bought over 200 total. It used to be that when you contacted them in the past that’s they’d immediately send a new part if you sent them a picture of a flaw. Today, they first try to offer a small amount of cash, and will tell you that “they are all that way” even if it is a lie.

Example, I received the Man of Steel Superman with a piece of foam fused to the costume. When I called, they told me “they are all that way.” Of course, I’m on the forums and know that that was 100% false. They offered me $25 dollars, and I said I didn’t want $25, but I wanted an undamaged figure. They did not offer me any replacement.

If you are worried about customer service with these, BBTS is by far the best choice. BBTS will make it right every time (within reason). I get most of my HT through a LCS where I’m friends with the owner, or I would use BBTS. I only use Sideshow for exclusives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think a lot of the bashing of Sideshow while promoting other companies comes from people butt hurt over sideshow reducing the amount of codes given out. Some people were totally dependant on those codes and felt entitled to them. Once sideshow started to wean them they became properly outraged.

That’s not me. I’m a big time HT buyer, but I pretty much only get exclusives through Sideshow since I get MUCH better prices through a friend on regular HT figures.

I know how Sideshow customer service has treated me, and how they treat my buddy who owns a pretty big comic shop. We would both tell you that their customer service has gotten worse over the last few years.

The only thing that really bugged me from the beginning with Sideshow were the shipping prices. They charge way too much for those of us in-state. I’d compare shipping they’d charge me as a direct customer vs my friend’s comic shop for the same figure, and there was a HUGE difference. That’s one of the reasons why I buy most of my stuff through him.

Sucks that happened but from what I’ve seen and experienced that’s an isolated issue. Yes, if they can correct an issue with as little in house cost they will try that. I see no issue with that. The previous no questions replacement/return thing stopped when things got to expensive and the process was abused. It’s the same reason they do NRD now when they didn’t before.

There’s nothing wrong with going through BBTS or anyone else you prefer. But Sideshow is still great with customer service despite the occasional hiccups. Every company has them.

Sometimes it's just who you get on the phone. My Girlfriend and i were on vacation a couple years ago in Vegas. We decided to leave a day early since she was not feeling well. I called the airline and was told it would be over $400 to change the tickets. We did not want to spend that much so i said no thanks. A couple hours later she decided to call and try. Same flight and times as i asked for but she was told $40.

Damn. Anyone had good customer service experience with Timewalker? Seems they dont require down payment which is appealing but.. Do they have a good track record in taking care of customers when it comes to 1/6 scale collectibles?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Damn. Anyone had good customer service experience with Timewalker? Seems they dont require down payment which is appealing but.. Do they have a good track record in taking care of customers when it comes to 1/6 scale collectibles?

Steven will take care of you. Dont worry about it.

No they don't have a "good" track record they have the best track record. If your not sure if you want this or not and might cancel (so that's why you don't want a down payment) order from someplace else. They are to good to do that too.

That’s not me. I’m a big time HT buyer, but I pretty much only get exclusives through Sideshow since I get MUCH better prices through a friend on regular HT figures.

I know how Sideshow customer service has treated me, and how they treat my buddy who owns a pretty big comic shop. We would both tell you that their customer service has gotten worse over the last few years.

The only thing that really bugged me from the beginning with Sideshow were the shipping prices. They charge way too much for those of us in-state. I’d compare shipping they’d charge me as a direct customer vs my friend’s comic shop for the same figure, and there was a HUGE difference. That’s one of the reasons why I buy most of my stuff through him.

I totally agree with you man, I've had terrible service from them. It got so bad I ended up telling them over the phone, I'm totally fine dealing with Time Walker. From my experience some of the workers at SS try to talk to you like you're an idiot, we clearly know whats going on with the figures because of this forums.

No they don't have a "good" track record they have the best track record. If your not sure if you want this or not and might cancel (so that's why you don't want a down payment) order from someplace else. They are to good to do that too.
Not the case here. Just trying to be open minded about where to buy my first 1/6 figures from. Before this thread I thought sideshow was the definitive vendor to buy the HT line from in the west.

Just throwing my 2 cents in, ssc may overcharge for shipping, but their customer service has been more than great for me. My biggest problem was the emporer throne, broken right where the chair connected to the base. Ssc replaced it no questions asked. Luckily my figures have mostly shown up fine.

I also completely agree that some of us are way too critical of these toys. I certainly dont expect ripped clothing or broken bodies, but yeah a speck on a boot is kind of nit picky. So spiderman has a stitch that a nanometer off, i dont think many will notice, especially with the naked eye.

I even saw someone posting a picture of his statue recently. Why? Well he looked over the statue carefully and didn't find any defects. You would think that would be it but you would be wrong. He posted the picture to ask others if they could see any defects. I guess he really wanted to contact Sideshow to complain.

I totally agree with you man, I've had terrible service from them. It got so bad I ended up telling them over the phone, I'm totally fine dealing with Time Walker. From my experience some of the workers at SS try to talk to you like you're an idiot, we clearly know whats going on with the figures because of this forums.

I am sure they have to deal with entitled whiny childish jerks on the phone all day. That must be hard on whoever is answering the phones. I would bet money the customers are 10 times worse than the CSR when they don't get what they want.

I would bet money the customers are 10 times worse than the CSR when they don't get what they want.

Thats what I am thinking too. Ive dealt with SS directly several times already and they were totally fine. Really dont understand what the issue is.

I am pretty sure these people leaving bad reviews are the ones that didnt get what they want and are now throwing a tantrum.

Thats what I am thinking too. Ive dealt with SS directly several times already and they were totally fine. Really dont understand what the issue is.

I am pretty sure these people leaving bad reviews are the ones that didnt get what they want and are now throwing a tantrum.

Just because you haven’t had an issue with them doesn’t mean other people haven’t. I’m a pretty reasonable guy, I’m old, I’ve run sales service organizations in my life...and I’ve been treated poorly by Sideshow CS in recent years. I’m not saying I won’t do business with SS, I’m just saying buyer beware. There’s no question that the process in dealing with SS CS is more difficult these days.

Read my story above with MoS Superman for an example.

I wish. I don't even qualify for the $4 BBTS shipping.
Wait thought you meant sideshow? Then you are far from BBTS and closer to sideshow. Unless you are in another country then I have no idea.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I know that Sherlock. My point was that the forum is mainly about Sideshow products; etc.
Hot Toys are not sideshow products. They are just one of the distributors in the US. But this forum is to talk abt the figures, complaining about the distributors are beyond me.

Hot Toys are not sideshow products. They are just one of the distributors in the US. But this forum is to talk abt the figures, complaining about the distributors are beyond me.

Yeah, just suck it up and buy from them no matter what. Seems like sound reasoning. [emoji848]

I know Sideshow is just the distributor for HT. I just feel that the "screw sideshow" comment was
a little much.

Back