Hot Toys Indiana Jones & the Dial of Destiny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be that HT is dragging their feet giving an allotment to Sideshow... deliberately.

And why would they do that? Why would they not give their US distributor a Harrison Ford figure?

I don't think it's just Sideshow. Nothing at Timewalker or Alter Ego. This does seem really odd.
Timewalker and Alter Ego get their stock from Sideshow as they're is the North American distributor, so most US and probably Canadian retailers can’t put it up for PO until Sideshow does

Last edited:
Just saw a video, there is a lawsuit against LFL by company Frost River who makes the Geologist bag , the identifying labels were removed from the bag and another companies labels was put on the bag. This is probably why SS is delaying the figure release in the U.S.. Lawsuit doesn't apply overseas. Great job Lucasfilm!

Pesky little lawsuit. Buy why would that stop a 1/6th doll? It's a proto. I mean, they can just change the bag to one of four other movies. Blur the bag in the pictures then. What about all the other Indy 5 merch?

It seems to be another Spider-Man/Andrew Garfield type situation (not necessarily head sculpt related though) There are a few retailers outside of US taking preorders still but not many.

When i click on the link through yahoo or google the figure doesn't show up. It's working now earlier when i was doing a search for it it wasn't coming up must have been a glitch

Last edited:
I am wondering if it's not as the prices rise Sideshow's profit margins are shrinking. At a certain point just being distributor for Hot Toys they are not seeing enough profit. Is it a risk reward situation where they have been stuck with slow moving product. Maybe they are negotiating their cost with Hot Toys. With them giving figures away and offering the BOGO 50% off and such on so many figures they are sitting on tons of unsold inventory. I gotta imagine it's a real possibility they drop distribution at some point....you have to think they are at least talking about it.

Yeah they can’t get rid of some of the HT figures over the past few years. I think demand has fallen, and especially with so much output from Marvel (for example) people can’t keep up or don’t need multiples of the same character anymore… and honestly some of the newly introduced characters are lackluster and people aren’t willing to spend $250 plus on figures of them.

What's the prevailing theory of what the dust-up/delay is over? Someone didn't clear the rights with the company that made the backpack for the movie?

I'm only just learning about this now, but ...

If you recall, Sideshow had the modify the pattern on the cardigan for their Big Lebowski, because the actual movie cardigan was a trademarked design. Sideshow probably could've licensed it with the manufacturer, but they chose not to. It probably wasn't worth jacking up the price another $5, just to replicate the pattern. There have been other instances of 1/6 scale military figures being confiscated at customs because the rifle manufacturers claimed infringement on the scaled rifles. So, at this point, no matter what Lucasfilm does, Hot Toys will have to change the backpack, because Frost River can claim infringement. If I'm Hot Toys, I'd probably just remove the backpack altogether.

Back