Hot Toys - Hulkbuster (with Jackhammer arm)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flex pay don't mean jack if you're still paying more overall. It's just a mental thing. Sure you might be paying less every month, but at the end of the day you're actually paying MORE! :slap

I feel like if we are spending anywhere from $350-$1200 on toys, the shipping cost shouldn't matter if its $4 or $44 dollars. I will continue to buy from sideshow because I have had way better luck with returns on damaged items from them over anyone else. I buy a lot from BBTS as well, but in my experience sideshow has been way easier for me to work with.

I feel like if we are spending anywhere from $350-$1200 on toys, the shipping cost shouldn't matter if its $4 or $44 dollars. I will continue to buy from sideshow because I have had way better luck with returns on damaged items from them over anyone else. I buy a lot from BBTS as well, but in my experience sideshow has been way easier for me to work with.

There is a yuuuge difference between $4 or $44 worth of shipping costs. That's more than a 10x difference you're paying. It might not matter if you're a multi-millionaire and/or only buying 1 figure...but seeing as how the majority of us on here are buying multiple figures per month the numbers will begin to stack up quickly!

Also as long as you're buying from a reputable/authorized HT seller (in your case BBTS), if you ever have an issue where you need to refund/exchange, you're still ultimately gonna end up dealing with SS...the only difference is the vendor (BBTS) serves as the intermediary between you and SS.

Look, if you're fine grossly overpaying then you might be better off shopping on eBay! :lol

Many sellers offer flexpay options and someone pointed out in another thread that Paypal offers 0% interest payment plans, which is probably better than flexpay if you qualify as you at least get the items first instead of paying in advance for them.

Most sellers I've purchased from seem to have great customer service. And like GMoney said, they're basically just dealing with Sideshow for you anyways. Just don't expect them to offer partial refunds for minor issues like Sideshow does.

Price wise, the difference can be significant. Which is ridiculous given that Sideshow is the distributor with easily the highest profit margins. For example, I can buy the Mark 43 from PopCultureZone for $345 shipped with 2% rewards. From Sideshow it would cost me $407/$385(no tax) with 5% rewards. That's a significant difference in price.

There is a yuuuge difference between $4 or $44 worth of shipping costs. That's more than a 10x difference you're paying. It might not matter if you're a multi-millionaire and/or only buying 1 figure...but seeing as how the majority of us on here are buying multiple figures per month the numbers will begin to stack up quickly!

Also as long as you're buying from a reputable/authorized HT seller (in your case BBTS), if you ever have an issue where you need to refund/exchange, you're still ultimately gonna end up dealing with SS...the only difference is the vendor (BBTS) serves as the intermediary between you and SS.

Look, if you're fine grossly overpaying then you might be better off shopping on eBay! :lol

Not everyone is overpaying as we have seen the shipping costs vary wildly from state to state.

Wonder if they tweaked anything to slightly improve this version ? Can't recall anything majorly bad on the original though I guess.

92697372_672451660226041_3955764514267332608_n.jpg

Some collectors had an issue where the head wouldn't connect to the neck area properly, so hopefully hot toys have fixed that......

I also seem to recall the front panel in front of the chest arc reactor didn't shut so well, or was mis-aligned on several reviews. Not sure if that was a real issue or not.

Anyway, hopefully someone does a review. I guess we'll get additional blogger photos tomorrow.

Hmm, with the pandemic still going on I wonder if many people will be forced to cancel, thus causing inventory for the HB re-release to sit on the shelves for awhile...therefore prompting discounts???

Yeah, I've been interested in getting Hulkbuster but wow, talk about the mother of all bad timing for such a large expense. So I'll probably just never have this.

Great to see boxes on pallets. I recently pre-ordered this after I had missed out on the first one. Very excited to see that there seems to be movement in delivering. Can‘t wait for it and it sure will be the centerpiece of my collection.

Hmm, with the pandemic still going on I wonder if many people will be forced to cancel, thus causing inventory for the HB re-release to sit on the shelves for awhile...therefore prompting discounts???

Things that have been sitting on the shelf for years don't get really huge discounts so i can't see more than maybe $100 off in 3 years if it's still around.

Canceling if you have a NRD doesnt make sense, you would be better off eating the cost and putting it on the secondary market. If you are about to be evicted its another story of course. My NRD at bbts was $230.

Canceling if you have a NRD doesnt make sense, you would be better off eating the cost and putting it on the secondary market. If you are about to be evicted its another story of course. My NRD at bbts was $230.

A lot of peoples income has gone to zero with no idea when it will return. So losing $115 from SSC or $230 from BBTS is really no different than spending $1200 and selling for $1000 (nobody is going to pay retail or above until it is long sold out). You might even be able to get your NRD back from sideshow since it was delayed.

Things that have been sitting on the shelf for years don't get really huge discounts so i can't see more than maybe $100 off in 3 years if it's still around.

Look at BBTS, they were giving $250 store credit for some of The Force Awakens sets, I don't particularly seeing that happen with this, but it can definitely happen. Especially given the cost/size of these, stores don't want them hanging around too long.

A lot of peoples income has gone to zero with no idea when it will return. So losing $115 from SSC or $230 from BBTS is really no different than spending $1200 and selling for $1000 (nobody is going to pay retail or above until it is long sold out). You might even be able to get your NRD back from sideshow since it was delayed.

Yeah have to agree with Subzro, just the pain in the ass of shipping this thing and god forbid there's some problem with the figure that you have to deal with after selling, not worth it to deal with.

I hope we get a review soon. The Jackhammer arm is also something which people with the original may also get.

I'll be interested to see how difficult it'll be to get the arm off. Probably not that easy I imagine !

The other interesting thing will be the paint match. Old to new.

Back