Hot Toys - Hulkbuster (with Jackhammer arm)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey does anyone know any other retailers in the US still pre-ordering this puppy besides SS...I'd very much prefer not to order from them cause their shipping is gonna be what? Like an additional $100??? :gah:

It was awhile go now but shipping on my HB from SSC was only $25. I was suprised because it's stupid heavy.

but if you are in California it probably will be $100.

Hey does anyone know any other retailers in the US still pre-ordering this puppy besides SS...I'd very much prefer not to order from them cause their shipping is gonna be what? Like an additional $100??? :gah:

Secret Compass is the only other retailer I've found, but I've never dealt with them directly. I have them bookmarked, so I think I must have bought something from them on eBay but I don't recall. :lol Their site lists a P.O. Box address in Colorado so I assume they're a domestic company.

https://www.secretcompassonline.com/HOT-TOYS-Hulkbuster-Deluxe-Version/

There's also AlterEgo comics, their shipping was $36 for me for the HB. But I think they've only got one pre-order slot left.

It was awhile go now but shipping on my HB from SSC was only $25. I was suprised because it's stupid heavy.

but if you are in California it probably will be $100.

Wow, that's surprising to hear that despite the large size it's still $25?! That might be worth it considering the amount of reward points that would be earned on this purchase...

Secret Compass is the only other retailer I've found, but I've never dealt with them directly. I have them bookmarked, so I think I must have bought something from them on eBay but I don't recall. :lol Their site lists a P.O. Box address in Colorado so I assume they're a domestic company.

https://www.secretcompassonline.com/HOT-TOYS-Hulkbuster-Deluxe-Version/

Thanks for bringing my attention to this company...never heard of em, but I will surely look into them!

There's also AlterEgo comics, their shipping was $36 for me for the HB. But I think they've only got one pre-order slot left.

Hmm, last pre-order slot...ugh, I want to pre-order...just not willing to commit to a $1k figure that soon yet...

Anyways thanks for all the feedback fellas, much appreciated! :clap

Someone must have cancelled their order. When I checked AE earlier today (first company I checked) he wasn't available.

Or maybe they [AE] cancelled on them? I had them cancel a few preorders of mine out of spite when I cancelled 3-4 PO's a few days prior. I had to scramble to find them again, but came out OK. I will not do any business with them going forward.

Or maybe they [AE] cancelled on them? I had them cancel a few preorders of mine out of spite when I cancelled 3-4 PO's a few days prior. I had to scramble to find them again, but came out OK. I will not do any business with them going forward.

You may have that backwards. It sounds like they won't do any business with you going forward. :lol

True, oh well. Their loss as I can get these guys anywhere. On the other hand they have lost thousands of dollars from me annually, plus friends and business partners. Not to mention negative social media ratings/reviews. Bad news travels around the world faster than good news does across the street. They dont make sense.

True, oh well. Their loss as I can get these guys anywhere. On the other hand they have lost thousands of dollars from me annually, plus friends and business partners. Not to mention negative social media ratings/reviews. Bad news travels around the world faster than good news does across the street. They dont make sense.

Really? I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with AE, but then I've never had to cancel an order with them. You do know they're a small comic book shop with minimal staff, right? I get the impression that they can't really over-extend themselves on order quantities for these higher priced figures, hence their strict policy on cancellations.

Really? I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with AE, but then I've never had to cancel an order with them. You do know they're a small comic book shop with minimal staff, right? I get the impression that they can't really over-extend themselves on order quantities for these higher priced figures, hence their strict policy on cancellations.

I do know they're small which was strange when they cancelled my other orders. In the end its lost money for them. Again we can get these items anywhere. Repeat business is key and customer service. I stay with companies that take care of me when things are bad and I have issues with products. All companies are great when things are good with no issues.

You're literally the first person I've read say anything negative about AE and from what you've said it doesn't sound bad to me. If I cancelled that many POs I would expect that to happen. I'll continue to use their good service. I only order from smaller places when I know there's no way I'd cancel the PO or if it's an item I know I can sell for a small loss immediately if for some reason I didn't want it.

I'm getting this guy from LCDN in Belgium. Going to be a bit of a road trip from Germany to pick up in their new store which should be interesting.

Does anyone think they'll take the opportunity to fix any small problems which the original had ?

Or perhaps redesigning anything to work better ?

Not sure what the worst thing was about the first ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm getting this guy from LCDN in Belgium. Going to be a bit of a road trip from Germany to pick up in their new store which should be interesting.

Does anyone think they'll take the opportunity to fix any small problems which the original had ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its just a reissue with a new accessory.

What was the small problems with the original?

What was the small problems with the original?
When the hot toys Avengers Age of Ultron Hulkbuster was first released, there were some where the head wouldn't click down onto the upper chest area properly, and it would spring up, so hopefully hot toys will fix that for the re-release.....

You're literally the first person I've read say anything negative about AE and from what you've said it doesn't sound bad to me. If I cancelled that many POs I would expect that to happen. I'll continue to use their good service. I only order from smaller places when I know there's no way I'd cancel the PO or if it's an item I know I can sell for a small loss immediately if for some reason I didn't want it.

So you're saying that if you cancel a preorder then that company has the right to cancel all of your other preorders? Also you would keep orders that you knew you didnt want and then would sell them for a small loss? :confused:

BBTS tracks cancelations also. They do not cancel your orders but if you cancel you have strike against your account. The more you cancel the more strikes. if you ordered a figure the day it went up for PO and for whatever reason BBTS does not have enough figures for everyone who ordered they will cancel yours and give it to someone who has not canceled before even if the other person ordered months later.

I think all these places track cancelations but don't advertise it.

So you're saying that if you cancel a preorder then that company has the right to cancel all of your other preorders? Also you would keep orders that you knew you didnt want and then would sell them for a small loss? :confused:

You didn't cancel 'A' preorder, you said yourself 3-4. At that point yeah they have the right to cancel your account, you're obviously not trustworthy with preorders. At a small company like that, I'd take the order and deal with it myself. I've done it before, it's not that hard to stand by your order. If you were in dire financial straights then the rest of your orders being cancelled shouldn't bother you. If you're just doing it on a whim, you don't deserve to order from there.

You didn't cancel 'A' preorder, you said yourself 3-4. At that point yeah they have the right to cancel your account, you're obviously not trustworthy with preorders. At a small company like that, I'd take the order and deal with it myself. I've done it before, it's not that hard to stand by your order. If you were in dire financial straights then the rest of your orders being cancelled shouldn't bother you. If you're just doing it on a whim, you don't deserve to order from there.

You're 100% correct.

Back