Hot Toys Grand Moff Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grand Moff Tarkin was an instant pre-order. It was the single figure and not the one boxed with Vader, as I already had the excellent "Rogue One" Vader.

I was truly hoping that he would be the first of several Imperial officer figures to be released... Yeah, right...

Grand Moff Tarkin was an instant pre-order. It was the single figure and not the one boxed with Vader, as I already had the excellent "Rogue One" Vader.

I was truly hoping that he would be the first of several Imperial officer figures to be released... Yeah, right...
I also hoped we'd see a few other Imperial officers like Veers in AT-AT Armor, Captain Needa, Admiral Motti and Ozzel. We only got the old Sideshow Cmdr Praji and Admiral Piett, and Hot Toys never made the Death Star Trooper either. :(

The only one I missed, just wasn't that high on my important list at the time. I guess there is always "the one that got away" on everyones lists.

But would like to get him now if I had a second chance. But I'm definitely not paying crazy money for him.
Tarkin is the ultimate one that got away. Still one of Hot Toys’ best ever. Sorry, I’m probably not helping the situation 😛. If it helps the ones that got away for me are all the Sideshow bounty hunters, and those would cost way more to assemble. If you ever get a chance to get Tarkin <€450 I’d take it, some things are just worth spending that bit extra on. He’s a grail for sure.

Don't forget he needs a Death Star.
Tarkin.jpg

Excellent shot! While a lot of people invariably think of Darth Vader as being the villain of SW, and rightfully so, I think Tarkin was the main villain in ANH. Him for ANH, Vader for ESB, and Palpatine for RotJ.

I totally forgot about that.

Well, that 2-pack just has two of the same figures and Chewbacca sucks in the Han/Chewie 2-pack... so the only really good 2-pack is Vader/Tarkin.

Are we just naming 2-packs now... or are those more valuable than the Vader/Tarkin pack?

I just checked... Vader/Tarkin beats Han/Chewie by a lot. The DX07 beats Vader/Tarkin but only by a couple hundred (using ebay as a guide).

You said the Vader/Tarkin is the only good one, I'm just saying both of those I listed are also good. I'm not sure which is the most expensive but I'm pretty sure all of those OT two packs sell for quite a bit. The Han and Chewie for sure used to go for over a grand.

You said the Vader/Tarkin is the only good one, I'm just saying both of those I listed are also good. I'm not sure which is the most expensive but I'm pretty sure all of those OT two packs sell for quite a bit. The Han and Chewie for sure used to go for over a grand.

No, I asked is it the most expensive now? Post #3327 right above.

Han/Chewie is up for $600 on ebay (the OT one not the ST). Vader/Tarkin is $1299. DX07 is $1599. Again, just cursory look.

No, I asked is it the most expensive now? Post #3327 right above.

Han/Chewie is up for $600 on ebay (the OT one not the ST). Vader/Tarkin is $1299. DX07 is $1599. Again, just cursory look.

I was looking at post 3,332 but going through the sold listings on eBay the Han/Chewie, Vader/Tarkin, and Snowtrooper two packs all sell for right around a thousand bucks give or take.

DX07 and ANH Han and Chewie would have been my guesses for the top two most expensive SW two packs. I’m a bit surprised Tarkin and Vader is more valuable than H&C. I would have thought many people already had the MMS279 Vader, so the Vader figure in the two pack wouldn’t really be sought after and the Tarkin figure would be what’s really desired, but not enough to warrant that high of a price.

I was looking at post 3,332 but going through the sold listings on eBay the Han/Chewie, Vader/Tarkin, and Snowtrooper two packs all sell for right around a thousand bucks give or take.

Then that Han/Chewie 2-pack is a steal at $600 right now. :lol

You're very selective with your searches. I also looked at sold auctions and there's a sold Han/Chewie OT pack for $650. Maybe you missed that. Vader/Tarkin went for about $1000 at lowest. Snowtrooper 2-pack was $890. DX07 is hard to find an undamaged one but seems to range from $650-$820. They all have about $80+ shipping.

So surprisingly, Vader and Tarkin are winning. I'm happy for my villains.

Then that Han/Chewie 2-pack is a steal at $600 right now. :lol

You're very selective with your searches. I also looked at sold auctions and there's a sold Han/Chewie OT pack for $650. Maybe you missed that. Vader/Tarkin went for about $1000 at lowest. Snowtrooper 2-pack was $890. DX07 is hard to find an undamaged one but seems to range from $650-$820. They all have about $80+ shipping.

The Han/Chewie that sold for $650 was a buy it now that someone listed too low. Almost all the auctions go for over a thousand. In contrast there are zero sold auctions for Tarkin/Vader only buy it now or best offer. There are zero Snowtrooper two pack auctions in the US, only one buy it now for $1,100. The singles sell for $500 or more.

Back