Hot Toys Golden Age Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another picture of the figurine at the STGCC..

7914501948_3b0b05919f_b.jpg

Last edited:
They should call it "Captain America: The First Failure", since Hot Toys has missed the mark so much with this figure. The body is too small, the neck is too long, and the accessories are worthless. I'm just so disappointed overall. We should take action! This figure deserves a smiling face and a saluting hand. We need lobby for these things! Not just continue this trend of "acceptance" with sub-par releases.

They should call it "Captain America: The First Failure", since Hot Toys has missed the mark so much with this figure. The body is too small, the neck is too long, and the accessories are worthless. I'm just so disappointed overall. We should take action! This figure deserves a smiling face and a saluting hand. We need lobby for these things! Not just continue this trend of "acceptance" with sub-par releases.

I would consider it if this figure would come with that. But alas, I agree with you. :(

The best action is not to buy it. It is a worrying trend I'm seeing though; ever increasing prices and limited extras. I know some figures don't automatically scream extras compared to other releases however, that being the case; why not include an additional sculpt or swap out clothing? Hot Toys have gotten so complacent it pisses me off royally parting with my money and feeding their greedy pockets.

Everyone in the Catwoman thread would say you should just be happy with what you get :(

( And not ask for stuff, like a 2nd costume or pearls or separate mask which you would never use anyway- Despite the fact that you WOULD use them-had they been included.. in a nearly $200 figure :monkey2 ) (which they are not)

Everyone in the Catwoman thread would say you should just be happy with what you get :(

( And not ask for stuff, like a 2nd costume or pearls or separate mask which you would never use anyway- Despite the fact that you WOULD use them-had they been included.. in a nearly $200 figure :monkey2 ) (which they are not)

Those guys can :wave. lol. I was in there before about extra accessories and they're just venomous. There are definitely times where I'm apologetic about Hot Toys, but lately things are just getting out of hand it seems. I think I'm done after the Avengers. I'm a lot happier with what is going on in the customs community, especially price wise, to be honest for the most part.

185118_357909027616970_1903622593_n.jpg

A preview of the only accessories that comes with this guy? :gah:

I'll still be getting but I am dissapoint if that is the case :(

The more I look at this figure, the more I think a circled shield will look awesome on this guy.

Can't believe this thread has dropped to page 3 while waiting for the preorder... Back to the top Captain Rogers! :)

I can't wait to own this one!

Sallah

So true this thread definitely deserves a bump,unfortunately there's no pre order up for this yet...I'm patiently waiting for vintage Cap.

I think the likeness in this figure is the best Hot Toys has achieved in the Captain America range of figures.
He looks great.

Agreed. I don't think he ever had much of a straight face while dressed in this one. Do it, HT

I don't think too many people watched the movie very carefully. He only smiles a select few times in the costume. The majority of the time he's looking nervous (when he first walks out on stage,) serious (schooling the audience about war bonds,) stern (filming the black and white serials,) and uncomfortable (in front of his own troops.) It seems you guys have been blinded by the smiling propaganda posters.

I don't think too many people watched the movie very carefully. He only smiles a select few times in the costume. The majority of the time he's looking nervous (when he first walks out on stage,) serious (schooling the audience about war bonds,) stern (filming the black and white serials,) and uncomfortable (in front of his own troops.) It seems you guys have been blinded by the smiling propaganda posters.

I totally agree.

I just watched a few scenes on youtube, and I'd say he is smiling less than 1/3 of the time he is on screne in this outfit.

I think most people are pulling up the few pics online in that outfit and seeing that they are almost all of him smiling.

If everyone took a few minutes to watch, they'd see reality.

Back