Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Maybe his gun would require his fingerprints kinda like the judges' weapon ID system in Judge Dredd? :dunno

Beats me.

i can say with some certainty that this isn't a production still - it's a picture of the actor in the suit - he's not wearing one costume glove for whatever reason. maybe he just came back from the bathroom. "mr. kinnaman, please do not wipe with the gloves ON again."

really glad they did se. sideshow versions are either outdated or frumpy. both CAN look good with enough new gear and futzing, but i'm sick of doing that with ss releases. great figure, awesome job on the costume. will be hard to part with however much they're asking, though.

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

HT Snake Eyes is a buy for me since SSC SE commando was a pass for me. I also missed the first SSC SE cause I got into this hobby late.

I'm in the same boat of missing out on the first SE release and am not a fan of the Timber version so I feel like this third Snake Eyes figure is the charm. I'm so glad they removed the fake lips from the first one.

Hollywood needs some fresh design people. Everything is starting to look the same, even the movie posters. I think ten years and on from now we're all going to be able to look at the movies being made now and know exactly what decade they were made in, the same way we know what was made in the 80's by how it looks.

That said, this is a great looking figure. Hated the first movie. Hopefull about the new one. Not a big Joe fan now, but I was as a kid. I love the Rock as Roadblock.

If they make Roadblock as a figure, I'll get him to make a custom Terminator.

Snake Eyes is a great character and all, but this pic makes the whole thing look silly.
If Rock is planned, keep it in scale HT.

GI_Joe_Retaliation_Dwayne_Johnson_Roadblock_SnakeEyes.jpg

Last edited:

I'm wondering: if sales for this figure are bad, will HotToys still release other figures (RoadBlock, Cobra Commander, etc..)? Or are they unafraid to kill their line based on initial poor sales?

Just curious, because it sounds like only half of the discussion is buying him. That being said, retailers may buy the heck out of him, because, as said before, it IS Snake-Eyes...

This is ****ing Snake Eyes! And a pretty cool looking figure to boot.

If it was Duke I would understand the concern. That would have been like releasing Silk Spectre first instead of Rorschach in the Watchmen line. :monkey1

This is a 100% buy from me!

I'm definitely in for one for obvious reasons, but this announcement IMHO in the end of the SIDESHOW GI JOE line and be prepared for more brutal violations of our bank accounts & wallets for 2013.

Hollywood needs some fresh design people. Everything is starting to look the same, even the movie posters. I think ten years and on from now we're all going to be able to look at the movies being made now and know exactly what decade they were made in, the same way we know what was made in the 80's by how it looks..

It sucks buts its nothing new. Has there even been any iconic "original" designs in the same league of Terminator, Robocop, Predators, etc since the 80's? The Rocketeer was a good design but far from the level the above mentioned designs are.

I'm definitely in for one for obvious reasons, but this announcement IMHO in the end of the SIDESHOW GI JOE line and be prepared for more brutal violations of our bank accounts & wallets for 2013.

Yeah the whole two figures HT releases will surely bankrupt you :cool:

This is the best Snake Eyes I've ever seen. I really love this look.

I'm still hoping they make a figure of Bruce Willis from this.

This license has Expendables written all over it.

This license has Expendables written all over it.

If Snake Eyes wasn't wearing a mask, I'd say Green Lantern, but since there's no likeness rights to chase down for SE, you're right. They'll do at least him before walking away. :lol

Oh, yeah. To be fair, I do lurk here quite a bit, I've just never felt the need to post until now. Felt like this thread needed some more positivity. It's not just Hot Toys, the Baroness from SS looks absolutely fantastic and I'm still waiting on that pre order.

You don't have to defend your actions to any elitists here. I've been on these boards for years and my 3 posts in this thread today have been the most I've ever posted in the Joes forum ever. It's a great looking figure that actually has people interested in it and if I were a Joe fan, I'd welcome them rather than having the whole "I've been here first" mentality.

This figure might not entirely blow away the first two Sideshow Snake Eyes but its the best looking one out of all three so I'm pretty excited to get this guy as my first and only "Joe"

Reminds me of what I said about the EB 1/4 Batman which is underrated here in my country. If it said "Hot Toys" on its box I think the number of people who PO'd it would have been 100 instead of 10.

I'm aware that Hot Toys sometimes makes rapidly deteriorating products, has poor QC, and radically overcharges, but it makes sense that it would draw a lot of people to the board. Even people who think action figures are for "***s" but are still interested in pop culture know who Hot Toys are. To them, they're those guys that make the photo-realistic sculpts. So it can't be helped. But I'm willing to bet an even bigger part of it has to do with the fact that this is a movie figure, and is thus being posted about a lot more. Hell, I was alerted to this guy from a post on 4chan.

Weapons loose parted a maybe but otherwise a big pass. I will stick with my SS Snake Eyes. He doesn't need armor to kick cobra butt, just a fancy sweater jacket and a wolf.

Are we expecting preorder Wednesday for this guy? Rather interested to see the price.

Yeah lets get rid of all the HT fans who just popped in to say "cool figure" and get back to the petty namecalling from the real Joe fans.

:lectureI'm guilty as charged:rotfl

Thanks for schooling me on when and how I should post tho' Khev:monkey1

Just look at the thread already. 90% of them never posted in the Joe section before.

Put Hot Toys in a thread title and they come running.

:goodpost: yeah I noticed that too!

Back