Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

Got some minor issues overlooked by the QC including glue spots on some parts, but I can live with that. Had to reinforce all ends of the strings along the abdominals with superglue as well.

What was wrong with the strings and what glue spots were there?

Do you have any pics?

Re: Hot Toys G.I. Joe Retaliation: Snake Eyes Collectible Figure - Full Specs & Pics

What was wrong with the strings and what glue spots were there?

Do you have any pics?

Sorry, didn't bother to take pics of the issues before fixing them.

The part right where the strings are attached to the suit were peeling off. Nothing a drop of superglue on all 4 ends can't fix.

Sorry, didn't bother to take pics of the issues before fixing them.

The part right where the strings are attached to the suit were peeling off. Nothing a drop of superglue on all 4 ends can't fix.

No worries. Thanks for that mate!

I'll have to gather enough courage to do that.....don't have steady hands :(:rotfl

No worries. Thanks for that mate!

I'll have to gather enough courage to do that.....don't have steady hands :(:rotfl

Sure man.

While an awesome figure, I can see a lot of parts with HT Snake Eyes that need to be handled with much care. I think the abdominal strings would really eventually peel off overtime given that it has a little tension on it (good thing it's non-elastic) as the suit is tight. I guess mine was just not attached too well from the get-go that I had to reinforce them with superglue. I wish HT had it hot-pressed on the suit, though.

I find the black straps on the armors for the arms very thin as well, I think they could easily be torn/broken if not handled carefully.

I had the same issue with the strings on the abs. Super glue it and its fine. Great figure.

I hate the one shoulder pad is looser than the other on mine.

Watched GI Joe Retaliation on friday night.

Never had a figure before seeing the movie.....that truly god aweful movie in my opinion. As a MOTU fan, I shudder to think what Chu will do with He-man.

I will keep the figure though as he is just great! Tis very odd liking a figure for a movie I actively disliked! :)

Watched GI Joe Retaliation on friday night.

Never had a figure before seeing the movie.....that truly god aweful movie in my opinion. As a MOTU fan, I shudder to think what Chu will do with He-man.

I will keep the figure though as he is just great! Tis very odd liking a figure for a movie I actively disliked! :)

Has a MOTU movie been confirmed?

P8050604bLR_zps842e2e41.jpg

P8050605bLR_zpsfd7c9160.jpg

Ok I was kinda miffed before seeing the SS SE in this thread... Especially because I think they are garbage and shouldn't be in a Hot Toys thread.

But this is by far the BEST SS SE I have seen. Surely switched out the body, futzed it up bigtime... BRAVO.

Now who thinks this HT version of snake eyes reminds them of Tron somehow?

UPS man just dropped Snake Eyes off!!! Sadly can't open or take any pics/review. Got to head to work so later will take a couple of photos of him and review tomorrow morning. Can't wait to get home so I can unbox my first Hot Toys figure! Here's a quick photo of the shipper. Got to go more to come later! :yess:
View attachment 65188

Finally had the time to unbox mine last night! Cool figure. Got some minor issues overlooked by the QC including glue spots on some parts, but I can live with that. Had to reinforce all ends of the strings along the abdominals with superglue as well. Left shoulder armor's not as tight as the right, but not a big problem. Like most of you guys, mine's wrist pegs aren't as tight fitting as most HT figures, but it doesn't fall off.

Here's my 2013 Snake Eyes alongside his modernized 1985 counterpart from SSC. I gave the photos some quick photoshop to give it an Alex Maleev/Tim Bradstreet cover feel :)

P8050604bLR_zps842e2e41.jpg

P8050605bLR_zpsfd7c9160.jpg

what body is that 85 snake eyes on, it looks great hubert

Ok I was kinda miffed before seeing the SS SE in this thread... Especially because I think they are garbage and shouldn't be in a Hot Toys thread.

But this is by far the BEST SS SE I have seen. Surely switched out the body, futzed it up bigtime... BRAVO.

Now who thinks this HT version of snake eyes reminds them of Tron somehow?

Thanks man! I know what you mean -- but a lot of those who have the V1 SE would agree that the only thing that wasn't really good with the figure was the stock body as it's very skinny. THe gear's topnotch though, and most are unique only to Snake Eyes and were never re-used for other SSC Joes :)

what body is that 85 snake eyes on, it looks great hubert

Thanks man! SE's on a HITFIGURE MUSCLE BODY which I got for only $25 at a local Toy Convention. It has the same arms, legs, and pegs as the HT TTM 19, but the torso has a more pronounced/flexed chest that looks better on the tight fitting body suit. It's the Asian colored body, but it didn't matter since he'd be all covered up :)

I then transferred the visor to the Firefly black headsculpt, and that's it. The rest are what came from the SE V1 package :)

Well I got home from work and after I settled down/relaxed I opened Snake Eyes right up! First off i'm very impressed. It's such an amazing figure. Very nice representation of Snake Eyes from a horrible movie. Yeah the movie sucked but Snake and Storm really made it in my opinion. Hot Toys really out did themselves. The shoulder pads are a bit loose on mine but no biggie. Was playing around and really can capture some great action poses once I get Storm. Overall very satisfied and for my first Hot Toys. It won't be my last. So much great detail. Love it! So bad ***! I just love all the accessories he comes with. The hands are tricky to switch out and tried to be careful so I don't break the padding. Just a heads up. One thing Hot Toys does great in also is there box designs. Love the box! Very nice artwork done. Just too cool. Like I said very happy. Here are some quick pics. not the best as it was late but more tomorrow. Review will be up tomorrow. Enjoy! More to come. Very happy camper right now. After years of waiting it finally paid off.

Ryan
333fxc9.jpg

30s8zkz.jpg

122neqc.jpg

xbbt76.jpg

23t5s3t.jpg

I love this version of Snake eyes! It is incredible, just received my Stor Shadow today which is also a great piece!

Watched GI-Joe Retaliation again and still not the best but love Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow! Both awesome! My Dad loved the Snake Eyes. Amazed by the details and how cool he is. Really loved the guns he comes with. I'm still messing around with him but think ill display him with the Black Matte Sword. Accurate to the movie. Love the Chrome Sword but want to make it accurate. Ill display the Uzi with him also. Just love the variety you can have with him!

Very strange how SS has SE as preorder, but shipped out my figure. I thought they were supposed to give you an email stating that the figure is in stock and then ship...?

Review is up enjoy! :duff
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH7MkyCHC9g[/ame]

Last edited:
Back