Hot Toys Force Friday figure reveal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maul wasn't just cool looking though, he had a real power and presence on screen (unlike pretty much everyone else in that movie) and came across as genuinely menacing.

He may not have been a complicated character, but for my money the only time TPM ever comes alive and feels like old school SW is when Maul appears on screen.

He may not have been a complicated character, but for my money the only time TPM ever comes alive and feels like old school SW is when Maul appears on screen.

I agree with that too, which goes to my point about a wasted opportunity. They completely wasted that character, which in the end, makes him forgettable to me. Not that it's the most significant issue with the movie of course.

Qui Gon was also a useless and forgettable character that should never have been in the story.

Even though McGregor was great and probably perfect casting for Obi-Wan, I've started thinking the films would have been better served with Neeson as Kenobi and McGregor as Anakin from the get go. Acting would have been improved at least.

We can all think of a million ways to improve those flicks though, goes to show how many problems they have.

Even though McGregor was great and probably perfect casting for Obi-Wan, I've started thinking the films would have been better served with Neeson as Kenobi and McGregor as Anakin from the get go.

I could get behind that - and the ages would have been in-line with what I'd have preferred right from the start. Did we need to see Anakin as a boy? Nope.

Agreed that Maul and the duel of the fates are the best parts of The Phantom Menace. McGregor was good as Obi-Wan too. Honestly since we have to accept that the prequels are canon I wouldn't mind if Disney made an anthology film about Obi-Wan starring McGregor taking place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

300 units of a limited-release figure will be sold on Force Friday starting at MIDNIGHT by HT in HK (event starting at 10:30 PM on Sep 3rd HK time):

11950435_151983991807733_7568647338855912980_o.png

Lol HT is just bending over everyone with a 300 piece exclusive.

My take: Maul was a cool "looking" character but that's it. In terms of plot and significance to the story/saga, he was as forgettable as any random battle droid. The movie would not have worked any differently had he been replaced with any other temporary character - including a droid for that battle sequence where Qui-Gon dies. Dont get me wrong, Qui Gon was also a useless and forgettable character that should never have been in the story.

No, Qui-Gon wasn't useless. Qui-Gon was the SW saga's John The Baptist, who foresees the coming of the messianic figure that will bring balance to the Force. Like John, he is killed but after putting Anakin on the path.

Did we need to see Anakin as a boy? Nope.

Yes we did. Anakin is Jesus in SW. You had to show him before maturity to really convey how important he was.

Star Wars is basically the Judeo-Christian story of Christ done as a space opera. Sure Episodes I & II could have had better execution, but the story of The Chosen One and the rise of Darth Sidious (the Antichrist) is done beautifully.

No, Qui-Gon wasn't useless. Qui-Gon was the SW saga's John The Baptist, who foresees the coming of the messianic figure that will bring balance to the Force. Like John, he is killed but after putting Anakin on the path.

Yes we did. Anakin is Jesus in SW. You had to show him before maturity to really convey how important he was.

Star Wars is basically the Judeo-Christian story of Christ done as a space opera. Sure Episodes I & II could have had better execution, but the story of The Chosen One and the rise of Darth Sidious (the Antichrist) is done beautifully.
i must have missed the bit where Jesus joined the side of the devil, got married and had twins

Lakhota... do you sell those Breaking Bad Crystal sets on ebay? If so... I bought some and they are pretty awesome! Really like them. Should look good with ThreeZero Walt/Jesse

Lakhota... do you sell those Breaking Bad Crystal sets on ebay? If so... I bought some and they are pretty awesome! Really like them. Should look good with ThreeZero Walt/Jesse

Ha that's me, I am glad you liked them. It took me awhile to find out the right bags, mixture etc. Glad you liked them !

SW is not allegorical

Actually it is, in a huge way. See below.

i must have missed the bit where Jesus joined the side of the devil, got married and had twins

You missed alot. Lucas didn't just adapt the story of Jesus Christ, he posed the question of - what if Jesus had succumbed to Satan's temptations? While Jesus ascends to heaven after the crucifixion, Anakin descends to hell (becomes Vader). But its all part of the plan because like Jesus, Anakin returns to destroy the Antichrist (Sidious).

Full size - https://realthomaslogan.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/i-TBkR7QW/0/O/theology E.png

I'm not even a church-going Catholic. I just recognize scripture when I see it.

Back