Hot Toys ESB FETT tips tricks and other cool mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tips Matrix! Looks much better with the SS range finder.

8c299a22531b1231ff8c497d04cf725c.jpg

69426fde07e725a244f3fb14b574daa6.jpg

6dd8863dce7b13d6972e7387763b57c1.jpg

I'm pretty happy with this figure straight out of the box. But those deflated trouser pockets had to be filled, it's such a glaring error on either Pre-pro 1 or final screen used:
normal_boba-fett-looking-up-at-darth-vader-bw-publicity-still.jpg
normal_empire-boba-fett-left-side.jpg
normal_prototype_joe-johnson_bruce-nicholson_02.jpg
Using a scapel I cut open the solitary thread holding the pocket shut, cut a piece of white foam rubber to size, slipped one in each side and sewed it shut again. 10 minute operation:
44889706282_e2e9d44653_z.jpg
44889706512_0eef9cd0a4_z.jpg

Ok modding magicians, I want to use the Sideshow Fett foot on the HT Fett but of course they are not compatible.

What’s the best way to get a pegged foot attached to a ball joint socket ankle?

e92ae7065d98623665d0a5c8b8d9ba10.jpg

Any thoughts on how to straighten a bent up rangefinder? I gently hit it with the hair dryer (didn't want to over-do it) but didn't help much.

It's too long anyway, so maybe I should just swap it out with another piece of plastic.

Ok modding magicians, I want to use the Sideshow Fett foot on the HT Fett but of course they are not compatible.

What’s the best way to get a pegged foot attached to a ball joint socket ankle?

e92ae7065d98623665d0a5c8b8d9ba10.jpg

All you have to do is take out the sideshow peg after heating up the foot. Then insert a hot toys ball ankle joint. Works just fine. Easy.

All you have to do is take out the sideshow peg after heating up the foot. Then insert a hot toys ball ankle joint. Works just fine. Easy.

And knowing is half the battle.

Cancelling my order for that peg footed body is the other half!

:)

Finally managed to score the last bits I needed to finish updating my fett, the HT helmet and jetpack. Helmet is the parT I’ve been after for a while, I’ve got sideshow V1 at the moment. Jetpack I am curious about the comparison as I have the sideshow v2 currently. I like it but the pop out prongs irk me that they don’t fold in properly. HT one looks to be better painted too.

Will post some pics when it all arrives!

Any thoughts on how to straighten a bent up rangefinder? I gently hit it with the hair dryer (didn't want to over-do it) but didn't help much.

It's too long anyway, so maybe I should just swap it out with another piece of plastic.
Sorry for the incredibly delayed reply. The only other thing I could think of is dunk in boiled water, shape, then submerge in ice cold water for 30 seconds or so.

It’s a mix of Sideshow V1, V2 and Hot Toys parts, some are modified and it’s rebodied onto a modified hot toys tru type. Was going for the most movie realistic looking Boba I could. I’d been after the helmet for ages and finally got one on eBay, so now I can say it’s done :)

Back