Hot Toys ESB FETT tips tricks and other cool mods

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do modders think it would be good to switch out the SS body for the HT one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found the holster peg after two days of obsessive scrabbling around on my hands and knees on the carpet. It took four goes with the vacuum cleaner til I heard that little clink. My wife was pleased to note that the living room floor had never looked so clean.

Futzing 101: Never futz over carpet

I then manage to completely bend it trying to get the damn thing back in. Gahhh :gah:

Doh! They are very fiddly. I’m probably not gonna unholster the gun again for a while!

So there doesn't see to be too many mods for people who just have the HT Fett right? Just moving the holster over?

So there doesn't see to be too many mods for people who just have the HT Fett right? Just moving the holster over?
Yeah, moving the holster onto the ammo belt. Other than that, using some lighter coloured wrist pegs or attaching a bit of fabric to cover up the huge gauntlet openings. And some ppl have removed the padded suit..but I have no desire for that personally.

The holster, for accuracy sakes, should hang on the black webbing belt.
Huh? There's no black belt. Are you talking about the black jetpack belt that came with the Jedi release? This figure doesn't come with that and the holster hangs off the brown ammo belt in the movie. I mean, I know one of the pics posted recently from Empire makes it look like it's attached to the red girth belt, but I'm quite sure it's secured to the brown leather belt.

Anyone have a picture of how the holster hangs on Fett from the movie?

plpEPEE.gif

Last edited:
The only time the holster hangs from the girth belt is when Morton is in the costume.

Every other time it's hanging on the webbing belt, over the girth belt and UNDER the ammo belt.

An authentic Nemrod Holster is very heavy, heavier than the rubber replica I had before. The Pulce 40 speargun is also heavy (I have a replica pictured). The weight wouldn't allow it to hang for a long duration of time on the girth or the vinyl belt used during filming. You can see the webbing belt being pull down (in the carbonite scene).

Here's my 1:1 accurate set up on how it should look. Nemrod logo should also be covered with gaffer's tape.

Last edited:
I just finished up chrome painting my Boba Fett's blaster barrel. I am super pleased with the results, the chrome turned out way more shiny and reflective than I expected. Looks like the real thing haha! My pics don't do it full justice. Any feedback on the scoring would be appreciated as well.

DSCN1453 (2).jpg
DSCN1454 (2).jpg
DSCN1455 (2).jpg
DSCN1457 (2).jpg
DSCN1459 (2).jpg
DSCN1458 (2).jpg
DSCN1461 (2).jpg
DSCN1462 (2).jpg

The only time the holster hangs from the girth belt is when Morton is in the costume.

Every other time it's hanging on the webbing belt, over the girth belt and UNDER the ammo belt.

An authentic Nemrod Holster is very heavy, heavier than the rubber replica I had before. The Pulce 40 speargun is also heavy (I have a replica pictured). The weight wouldn't allow it to hang for a long duration of time on the girth or the vinyl belt used during filming. You can see the webbing belt being pull down (in the carbonite scene).

Here's my 1:1 accurate set up on how it should look. Nemrod logo should also be covered with gaffer's tape.

Buda is correct. The holster hung from the jet pack harness webbing, under the ammo belt and over the girth. It never hung from the ammo belt. The only instance in the movie where it did not appear to attach to the webbing was when John Morton wore the suit during the torture scene and it is very noticeable that the holster/sidearm is likely hanging from the cod/kidney armor, much too low and with the way the pouches are set up, definitely not from the ammo belt. Much like suiting up Bulloch with upside down knees in the carbon freeze chamber, two right knees in the hallway scene, etc., it was obviously a costume set up error. In the below film era reference, you can see the holster is clearly on top of the girth and its strap feeds under the ammo belt. Since we know that the harness webbing resided under the ammo belt, we know the holster is connected to that, a much more secure solution. It also shows the snaps painted black and as Buda eludes to, the gaffer tape over the Nemrod logo (for copyright reasons).
GGgPFZf.png

I just finished up chrome painting my Boba Fett's blaster barrel. I am super pleased with the results, the chrome turned out way more shiny and reflective than I expected. Looks like the real thing haha! My pics don't do it full justice. Any feedback on the scoring would be appreciated as well.

View attachment 426518
View attachment 426519
View attachment 426520
View attachment 426521
View attachment 426522
View attachment 426523
View attachment 426524
View attachment 426525

Looks fantastic witekite!:clap

I made a few more changes to this guy...The over scaled right gauntlet was an eyesore so i'm now using a modified Medicom set....the detailing might be soft but i prefer the fit and overall scale.

I also swapped out the rangefinder stalk for the shorter SS version....and added the better scaled SS jetpack..

View attachment 425275View attachment 425274View attachment 425276View attachment 425277

Looks great, what about that ROTJ mythosaur on the shoulder of your ESB Fett?

Wow..that's amazing. How exactly did you crome paint it? I own about 10 different shades of metalic silver acrylic paints, and no way does it turn out like yours. Gotta know how it's done.

Just got the DX Fett and it's pretty impressive, though daunting in the sheer number of changes/futzes that will need to be done.

The most complex thing is to try to narrow the squint on the helmet T, though I also do have concerns about how to get the gauntlets looking right. The HT ones are too fat and not a great color and some elements oversized (darts) but the Sideshow - while a better color and better size - feel a bit small and thin, and the color doesn't go great with the HT chest armor. I used my Marmit gauntlets for my ROTJ Fett custom, so they're gone - though the vinyl detailing is a bit soft on the finer detail stuff on Marmits anyway.

The HT backpack is a disappointment size and color wise, though it has some nice details.

Wow..that's amazing. How exactly did you crome paint it? I own about 10 different shades of metalic silver acrylic paints, and no way does it turn out like yours. Gotta know how it's done.

There's a couple of sprays that I've only noticed in the last couple of years that are much closer to a true chrome than any of the "silver" stuff. The one issue I've found is that it has to be carefully undercoated otherwise it seems to take on fingerprints from handling.

View attachment 426519

Looks nice, I'll probably do the same.

Interesting that the HT rifle stock is flat across the top, whereas the Sideshow has the curved top and bottom (almost hourglass shape.) The original base rifle has the curves both sides of the stock but the prop rifle didn't seem to, so HT's stock is a bit more accurate, though still has inaccuracies.

The detailing is somewhat more accurate on the HT vs SSC. I can see immiedately that the HT barrel is more accurate, as well as the scope brackets (as well as the lever on both sides - the SSC has the lever only on one side.) The HT is a bit smaller than the SSC, so not sure which is accurate.

Back